Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 07:31 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

When you buy the bumper you get one pair of short screws to be used with out a sway bar set-up, and a pair of longer screws with 2 small washers to be used with the sway bar. Directions come as well. The front end now has a nice solid feeling, which is what I was looking for.
Old 06-26-2002, 11:57 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Does that carbon fiber brace hold up well under hard racing conditions?
Old 06-27-2002, 01:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

ahh yes, eye candy. but the nice old boards here dont like eye candy too much. will it support hard nosed rubbin?
Old 06-27-2002, 01:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

the TMF kydex bumbers are a joke
Old 06-27-2002, 03:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Ratzas stuff

Looks pretty nice, but it is pretty expensive too. Is it worth the money to get the shocks tower and the bumper brace ?
Old 06-27-2002, 04:38 AM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

It wasn't bought to be eye candy. Yes, it'll hold up better than anything currently on the market. If carbon fiber front ends hold up to the speeds and impacts of oval racing, then I'm sure it'll handle that of sedan racing.

Is it completely unbreakable? Certainly not.......is anything? Will it work for me....which is why I bought.....of course. I posted those pics to let you guys be aware of what's available out there for you. Doesn't mean it's right for everyone, or appeals to everyone. Just sharing info.......

Are the shock towers needed? Probably not. I'm using speed techs cause I had a little cash to burn from e-bay sales. Is the bumper brace needed? For me, it was.
Old 06-27-2002, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

i like the bumper brace
the foam bumper came with the kit is too soft to support itself just using the 2 body posts.
does trinity make a foam bumper for xxxs that is similar to the one they made for the TC3?
Old 06-27-2002, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

ASM, how much did you pay for those red CVDs?
Old 06-27-2002, 08:38 AM
OBY
Tech Apprentice

i dont even run a foam bumper anymore!!!

i'm gonna try and post pics of my car with blue aluminium bits on it tomorrow...
Old 06-27-2002, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Sydewynder
Are you 100% positive is all the rear uprights? The hingepin angles don't look the same to me.

Already did the change in the degree on the upright. Did anybody let Losi know?
I'm not 100% positive that the hingpin angles are equal on every XXX-S out there, but they were equal on mine. I used a couple of long 3/32 piano wire rods throuigh the outer holes in the arms to check.

When I built my first XXX-S I called Losi about the unequal rear toe, and I was told that it was just an optical illusion and not to worry about it. After looking at others I put a few cars on the Hudy setup gauges and could clearly see that there was a difference. The next time I called Losi about it I mentioned that it not only looked wrong to the eye, but measured wrong on the setup gauges. That time they told me it was normal production tolerances and not to worry about it.

I worried about it anyway, finally I went with a 1/2 degree right hub carrier to even things up. Made the car feel a lot better too.

Trips

Last edited by Trips; 06-27-2002 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-27-2002, 10:03 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Fire
i like the bumper brace
the foam bumper came with the kit is too soft to support itself just using the 2 body posts.
does trinity make a foam bumper for xxxs that is similar to the one they made for the TC3?
They have a red Matt Francis foam bumper. I do not have it, but i am told it is more dense than the stock foam.
Old 06-27-2002, 10:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Yokomo Foam Bumpers fit with a little cutting
Old 06-27-2002, 11:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys,

I am looking at getting back into R/C racing. I used to race on carpet with the original RC10L, JRX2 and an LXT on dirt about 10-12 years ago. I was consistently first in the mod A-main.

I have narrowed down my decision to get the xxx-s over the TC3. I need advise on what I should get along with the basic kit. I had planned on getting the graphite conversion, titanium pins and turnbuckles, and threaded shocks. Money isn't too much of a concern but I don't want to spend a $hitload, and I want to get everything that I might need in the future. I am not sure if I should get any of the aluminum stuff, but I don't want to have to completely disassemble the car to put a few parts on it that I might need down the road. What do you guys recommend???

Last edited by Deutch; 06-27-2002 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-27-2002, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Threaded shocks and titanium turnbuckles are a biggie. Make sure you get the "shortened" shocks for the front. Most of the aluminum stuff isn't super necessary, but the aluminum motor clamp is a good idea.
Old 06-27-2002, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Trips

I'm not 100% positive that the hingpin angles are equal on every XXX-S out there, but they were equal on mine. I used a couple of long 3/32 piano wire rods throuigh the outer holes in the arms to check.

When I built my first XXX-S I called Losi about the unequal rear toe, and I was told that it was just an optical illusion and not to worry about it. After looking at others I put a few cars on the Hudy setup gauges and could clearly see that there was a difference. The next time I called Losi about it I mentioned that it not only looked wrong to the eye, but measured wrong on the setup gauges. That time they told me it was normal production tolerances and not to worry about it.

I worried about it anyway, finally I went with a 1/2 degree right hub carrier to even things up. Made the car feel a lot better too.

Trips
I was thinking more of the inner, outer hingepin mount in relations to the centerline of the chassis.
I see the pic of the updated car also has new rear uprights and maybe arms in addition to the shock tower and outer hingepin mount.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.