R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-03-2002, 02:46 PM   #2851
Tech Elite

I see with the help I'm going to get here, it's more reason that I should sell it.

psycho if you want to talk please PM me.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 02:50 PM   #2852
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder
I see with the help I'm going to get here, it's more reason that I should sell it.
What specific help are you looking for? I made a post about an hour ago on here that covered just about everything I could think of. Nobody has *the* correct answer as to how to fix a problem like this. We are trying to help as best we can.
Old 06-03-2002, 02:58 PM   #2853
Tech Adept

from futureal

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
This hobby combines SO many things: driving skill, mechanical skill, strategy, understanding of physics, ability to handle pressure and so on . . .

Guys:

I have none of the above. Will a one-way help?

Thanks,

Joe
yokomojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 03:02 PM   #2854
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)

I need to sit down and go through my car and I will come back and let you guys know my setup. Thanks for your help!
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 03:05 PM   #2855
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal

What specific help are you looking for? I made a post about an hour ago on here that covered just about everything I could think of. Nobody has *the* correct answer as to how to fix a problem like this. We are trying to help as best we can.
OK let me rephrase that. The kind of help.........
Old 06-03-2002, 03:08 PM   #2856
Mal

Hey Chad, what's up? I'm assuming this is Chad Kramer from Oregon? Congrats on your finish at the Norca Nationals.

Cain, didn't you say you were using purple foams all the way around? Well ... that tire combo with barely no caster and no droop screws in the rear will contribute to your traction rolling. With lots of rear droop the car will transfer lots of weight forward going into a turn. Not sure how you can drive the car with that setup, sounds like the car would always be on the verge of oversteer ....

For a foam setup, use what they list on the Losi websight. I believe almost all the setups use Plaids (Purple orange for proline) up front and purples in back. Some of the guys at our track use double purple up front and purples in back.

If you're on carpet and running rubber tires .... sorex 24s, hpi red inserts and proline dish rims work the best in my opinion.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 03:23 PM   #2857
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by RCCadet
I am having a problem with the ball studs in the front hub carriers. I know that I am not overtighting or installing them loose. After a 5 minute race they do loosen and it is frustrating. I experienced this problem with my TC3's in the past but it was after serveral weekends of racing that it would loosen.

What are you experienced Losi drivers doing to prevent the loosing ball stud?

How's it going BigDog, you ready for the Jackson race?
If you used the cutting screw to tap the holes first in the spindles then that could be your problem. Get new spindles and let the ball end cut it's own threads.

When you screw down tight on the bottom screw and top ballend is there any binding on the spindle to the C-hub? If there is, the rubbing can back out the ballend and the lower screw.
Old 06-03-2002, 03:51 PM   #2858
Tech Legend

Mel, Thanks for the info. The guys here run something similar or a less shore compound in the front and seem to do well. I got my droop screws in today so I am going to add that. What can I do to fix the problem without having to get new tires? (ie- different kickup settings, shock positions, etc?)

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2002, 03:55 PM   #2859
Tech Legend

Here is somewhat of what I have on the car right now if this helps:

41T pulley in the rear (will switch to 42 if it helps, had no choice but to run 41 at the time)

No droop screws in the rear (I have them in now so how should I run them for the front and rear?)

Purple compound all around (I would like to do anything else other than changing compound if possible)

Black springs up front, Silver in the rear

80 weight oil

0 degree kickup all around

I am open to settings on the vehicle, I just want to try and use the same tires as I don't want to plunk down a lot of cash on more tires if I don't have to.

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2002, 04:02 PM   #2860
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Sydewynder :: I do recall having felt the spindle a little tight but I did loosen the ball stud a tiny bit to free it up. I will buy another set of spindles and give another try before I bail on the kit.

Thanks.
Old 06-03-2002, 04:22 PM   #2861
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by RCCadet
Sydewynder :: I do recall having felt the spindle a little tight but I did loosen the ball stud a tiny bit to free it up. I will buy another set of spindles and give another try before I bail on the kit.

Thanks.
Loosening the ball or screw will cause them to continue to back out.

The way this is suppose to work is that the 2 metal "hats" that go into the C-Hub holes are suppose to be slightly above the hub. This way when you tighten down on the ballend and bottom screw, they don't rub on the plastic piece. You should be able to crank down on them and the spindle and hub doesn't bind. The C-hub sometimes is a hair and I mean a hair too thick or the metal hats too short. When you tighten everything down they bind. You might need to take a hair off the plastic around the hole. I use a jewlers file.

Before anyone say "See that's your problem". No my C-hubs break only at the bottom at the corner underneath where the outer hingepin mount starts.

Corner? Maybe it should be a radius there?
Old 06-03-2002, 04:37 PM   #2862
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by yokomojo
Guys:

I have none of the above. Will a one-way help?
Generally speaking, a one-way will make the car harder to drive. The car will tend to "pull" through the corners, meaning you have to have smoother throttle control (and a good apex) to really take advantage of it. A one-way can really change the handling characteristics of the car.
Old 06-03-2002, 04:37 PM   #2863
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Cain, try adding more caster to the car. This will or should help some. Do you compound the front tires at all? The droop screws in the rear will help a lot as this will eliminate excessive weight transfer to the front of the car especially when trying to make a turn.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 04:39 PM   #2864
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Matt,
How do you always end up in the middle of these heated discussions?????

I think everyone needs to ralax a little. I am not even going to give my opinion on this but I will say this, I have had this car for almost a year and have only broken the front carrier once. I don't think the car has a design flaw.

Jason
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 04:47 PM   #2865
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BHenderson Send a message via MSN to BHenderson Send a message via Yahoo to BHenderson

look

I realize that some people on here have not broken many parts on the car. I wish I could say that. But what it boils down to is I posted on this thread for help and while some offered valid things to check on the car I took offense to TSR6 & Mr. Losi's sarcastic remarks on how to correct this problem. I dont feel that these remarks were necessary to the discussion at hand. If you dont have anything good to say, dont say anything at all.

But what you do have to realize is that there are a few of us with the same problems on here, so unless all of us just intentionally run into the walls, which im betting isnt the ticket, then MAYBE just MAYBE there is something wrong with OUR setups or the front end of the car or the carriers.
BHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote