R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-05-2001, 01:26 AM   #271
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by HarshGuy
Saweet ...got my graphite chassis today, so I'll have graphite chassis, front/rear shock towers, front/rear arms, front/rear hub carriers for this weekends race
Can I ask Why???

did you break the stock parts??

Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 04:13 AM   #272
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nope, just wanted to.

Here is some info regarding Sorex tires, looks like the "flow" of tires will start back up again pretty soon: http://www.rcracing.com/msgthread.cf...SiteMessages=2
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 08:10 AM   #273
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rodneybarrett
So, has anyone run the Asphalt setup on the Losi site?
If so, how is it? I noticed that they are using the 41 tooth diff pulley in the rear.

Also, what are rate are the orange and white springs that he is using. Also, are the Losi springs? if not, whose are they?

I have a race this weekend on a newly sealed asphalt parking lot.

thanks.
i am putting that setup in my car this week...the springs are losi springs....they should be availabel, that is about the same surface i will be on,

also i ran my car on carpet last night....seemed to have an on power push,,,prollyrun 2 caster instead of 4.. but i will have to see.....
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 09:28 AM   #274
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Jared Kirkwood

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
so which car you like most?
For me I liked the Pro3 better than the TC3 on the outdoor track. It just felt smoother to me and fit my driving style better. It went through switch backs very fast. It did take me longer to setup than the TC3 but after I got it their it was fast.

My first impressions of the XXXS is very good. In 3 hours of practice I had the car up to pace and after I got done I could really see where I can get the car to go faster in specific sections of the track with some more tuning. It appears to me the car has more corner speed than the Pro3 or the TC3 and accelerates as fast as the TC3 (touring's benchmark for acceleration).

But to answer your question...right now I'm very much liking the XXXS better. Everything about the car seems right. The suspension geometry looks great, the drivetrain is very smooth and free, tunning is very easy, the parts quality is great, maintence is very easy, and the car is supper smooth on the track.
Jared Kirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 09:36 AM   #275
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Jared Kirkwood

For me I liked the Pro3 better than the TC3 on the outdoor track. It just felt smoother to me and fit my driving style better. It went through switch backs very fast. It did take me longer to setup than the TC3 but after I got it their it was fast.

My first impressions of the XXXS is very good. In 3 hours of practice I had the car up to pace and after I got done I could really see where I can get the car to go faster in specific sections of the track with some more tuning. It appears to me the car has more corner speed than the Pro3 or the TC3 and accelerates as fast as the TC3 (touring's benchmark for acceleration).

But to answer your question...right now I'm very much liking the XXXS better. Everything about the car seems right. The suspension geometry looks great, the drivetrain is very smooth and free, tunning is very easy, the parts quality is great, maintence is very easy, and the car is supper smooth on the track.
Thanks for the information.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 03:10 PM   #276
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

Does anyone know if the Tema Associated Shock Springs will fit the Losi threaded Shocks? I wonder because Team Associated released a set of Springs for the TC3 but I have heard that the TC3 Springs are very good springs. Here is some info of why I am interested in this....

TC3 Complete Spring Kit

All Associated TC3 springs in one handy, see-through carrying box. Nine pairs of springs from the lightest (green, 12.0 lbs per inch) to the heaviest (white, 40.0 lbs. per inch). Includes listing of each spring and its weight.

Part numbers and pricing:
#3988, TC3 Complete Spring Kit, $34.99

Availability:
Shipping mid-Sept.
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 03:14 PM   #277
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Associated springs are quite a bit smaller in diameter than Losi springs, I can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure they'd be too small to work on the Losi shocks.

Trips
Old 09-05-2001, 03:23 PM   #278
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

why not just use the TL springs. buying the complete set would cost you about $25. granted the are a few wts to fill between the blue and purple but you could supplement that with springs from other manufacturers.

besides more often that not, others that drive the XXXs will be using the TL springs which should make copying setups from others and the factory that much easier.
Old 09-05-2001, 03:28 PM   #279
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Yea, if it were me I would just build up a set of the Team Losi springs. So far I have done just fine between indoors and outdoors tracks using just the pairs of purple and silver that came with the kit, along with a full set of four blue springs that I picked up.

Like MDawson said, it makes it a lot easier to copy somebody elses setup...
futureal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 03:30 PM   #280
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by mr. losi

i am putting that setup in my car this week...the springs are losi springs....they should be availabel, that is about the same surface i will be on,

also i ran my car on carpet last night....seemed to have an on power push,,,prollyrun 2 caster instead of 4.. but i will have to see.....
Rons setup is a really good one. We have used it for highbite and moderate bite asphalt tracks. The setup works well for tighter/technical layouts.

I did use the 41. The car has more onpower steering on entrance and less on exit.

The Orange Springs are 8.6 and the Whites are 7.6.

The setup is a good baseline
Old 09-05-2001, 04:29 PM   #281
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

Thanks for the advice guys. I will ge the Losi springs. I had heard that the Assocaited springs were really good and back when the shelf weapon was still being made I heard people complaining on how the losi springs were not made with a great tolerance for the rate being the same.

Thanks

Mike Webb
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 04:33 PM   #282
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by mike_Webb
Thanks for the advice guys. I will ge the Losi springs. I had heard that the Assocaited springs were really good and back when the shelf weapon was still being made I heard people complaining on how the losi springs were not made with a great tolerance for the rate being the same.

Thanks

Mike Webb
It is the first I have heard of that. I miss that affectionate term of 'Shelf Weapon'. The same car that won the worlds.
Old 09-05-2001, 09:41 PM   #283
Administrator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

mark...i just put rons setup in my car, boy you really have to crank down the rear collars to get ride hight, how does it work on a more open track???
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 09:50 PM   #284
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by mr. losi
mark...i just put rons setup in my car, boy you really have to crank down the rear collars to get ride hight, how does it work on a more open track???
I just measured my collars; front are at about 2mm of preload, rear is about 5mm. I have shortened the front shock shafts by .100 as well.

For open tracks I go to F-blue/50-56, R-silver/50-55. To get the car to rotate quicker. An option would be F-pink, R-white.

Hope that helps. In all cases, I kept the 41.
Old 09-05-2001, 10:19 PM   #285
Tech Adept

Angry

I was out running my new XXX-s, and this very pretty girl walked by..........

And I took my eyes off the car, and all i hear is THUD!!!!

I hit the curb, well...........

Broke the front arm, bent the rim.....
The front bumper is now junk.....
the body was smashed it, in the front
it bent the front shock shaft
bent some of the links..........

I hurt my car...........

Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote