Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 06-03-2002, 08:12 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by mr. losi
i have been running this car for a year....both on carpet with rubber and foam, pavement, mod, stock.....and i have never broken these parts.....exept when i used tc3 front cariers.....i have not seen these parts break, exept when they should...after a hard hit.....so i dont think the car has a problem.....i think the problem is driver related....or setup related....also, i would not run alumm stuff...it bends and you cant tell......so...if you dont like the car, sell it, get somthing else.....i see tamyia sells tanks, you should not be able to break theese......just my .o2...
Totally agreed. Every time i've broken something, it deserved to break with the hit that it took. I have also taken many hits that i am very surprised i didn't break anything. Last Saturday was one of those weekends... I took TONs of hits while having radio problems... The only part i broke all weekend was the lower arm, and the way i hit the edge of the board, it deserved to break.

Go with something with flex... Like a Pro3. Keep it wet-noodle style.
Old 06-03-2002, 08:44 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Look I asked for a little help on this issue along with Sydewinder and all we seem to get are smart ass comments which I find are TOTALLY UNECESSARY!!!!

posted by Mr. Losi

i see tamyia sells tanks, you should not be able to break theese
for you to just say that the 3 of us are awful drivers is just WRONG! How would you know?? I thought this forum was a place where other racers could come and get help from others, man was I MISTAKEN!!! this effort to resolve a problem I have with my car on here was obviously not a good idea. thanks a lot for all your "help" ......whatever

this has been a total waste of my time

Last edited by BHenderson; 06-03-2002 at 08:49 AM.
Old 06-03-2002, 08:50 AM
RCTech Member #2

You said "any suggestions"...

And if you look, i dont think people were questioning your driving ability. Everyone hits the wall.. especially me.
Old 06-03-2002, 08:56 AM
Regional Moderator

yea you are right I did say "any" suggestions, but I didnt expect to get this many smart ass answers, esp from moderators and admins of rctech. If I ever ask another question on this forum I be more "careful" on how I phrase my questions.

Last edited by BHenderson; 06-03-2002 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-03-2002, 09:20 AM
ttr
Tech Apprentice

Default Dear Mr Losi

Thank you very much for the great customer support. It feels so good to know that your company takes so much care on your customers. You will invite a lot of people to the hobby with your nice comments on my driving.
Best regards
Tamas
Old 06-03-2002, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm a little disappointed in this thread. I doubt that Futureal would have said "go buy a tank".

Everyone has problems and breaking a certain part isn't always attributed to driving. How do you know this guy is mounting the hub carriers right? Maybe there's something like a certain aftermarket front bumper that would help. It's really uneccessary to slam him. Maybe he isn't a perfect driver- but there was a time when you guys weren't either.

I guess you have to be a REALLY good driver to suggest that someone with a breakage problem go buy a tank. Just keep one thing in mind mr losi- you too could get schooled by a better driver.
Old 06-03-2002, 10:24 AM
RCTech Member #2

Default Re: Dear Mr Losi

Originally posted by ttr
Thank you very much for the great customer support. It feels so good to know that your company takes so much care on your customers. You will invite a lot of people to the hobby with your nice comments on my driving.
Best regards
Tamas
"mr losi" is not Gil Losi...
Old 06-03-2002, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

*****I AM NOT A MEMBER OF TEAM LOSI*******
*****I AM NOT GILL LOSI SR. OR JR**********

ttr....see above....

big dog...why must you make this a personall issue... i never said i was a great driver, nor did i say anything bad about any one....i said it may be a driving problem....other ppl have made sugjestions and the only answer was that the car is junk and not designed properly.....the tc3 anf losi c hubs are nearly identical....yet i do not hear tc3 guys complaining....

porsche....you came on here saying the car is not designed right, the part is weak.....i disagree....for instance....there were 5-6 losis at our track this weekend, and only one broke....all were involved in colisions.....tsr6 broke due to a problem with the track....so i will not blame this on the car.....just like with my tc3 i did not break an arm.....also, i would watch the language...this is a family place......

just a note...this has been said by many great drivers....and was recently said by barry baker...i am not as eloquent as all the others, but here goes....the ONLY way to get better is to practice....practice, practice....so my advice to porsche...practice..practice....practice.....
Old 06-03-2002, 10:58 AM
Regional Moderator

mr losi

I NEVER said that the car was poorly designed I do however find it odd that I consistanly break ONE part on the car. Your suggestion of buying a tamiya tank was not only uncalled for but unwelcome. Thats great that you never break anything, but I merely asked a question to someone who I had already been talking to concerning the front carriers on the car. As far as the language, dont pick on me, I was merely using words that were already being used on this forum pertaining to this topic, not to mention I have seen far worse on the forum.

But dont worry I wont bother to ask another question here.....dont need the sarcastic answers.
Old 06-03-2002, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I am having a problem with the ball studs in the front hub carriers. I know that I am not overtighting or installing them loose. After a 5 minute race they do loosen and it is frustrating. I experienced this problem with my TC3's in the past but it was after serveral weekends of racing that it would loosen.

What are you experienced Losi drivers doing to prevent the loosing ball stud?

How's it going BigDog, you ready for the Jackson race?

Last edited by RCCadet; 06-03-2002 at 11:13 AM.
Old 06-03-2002, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

so...if you dont like the car, sell it, get somthing else.....i see tamyia sells tanks, you should not be able to break theese.....
and...

....i said it may be a driving problem....
...are NOT the same thing.

I took it personal because I might need some help with a problem one day too.
Old 06-03-2002, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Sounds like you are not getting anywhere with help on this. Might I suggest you calling Losi or sending them an email as to the problem you are experiencing. I mean you obviously haven't heard of anything here that might help so you might as well as give them a call.

You might want to make sure that there is no binding in the suspension components. Check to make sure no pins are bent or a bent axle or drive shaft. Make sure the shock moves up and down without a problem. Don't be afraid to have someone else look the car over. They might notice something that you may have missed. I know I have asked people to look my car over before.

Are you using a one-way in the front? Whose wheels are you using? Is the axle nut sticking outside of the wheel or how about the axle? Are other people using the same type of wheels?

I have seen tracks that are just not friendly to cars. It is sad but true.

Last edited by Kraig; 06-03-2002 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-03-2002, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Oooopps!

I posted in the middle of a heated discussion, sorry.
Old 06-03-2002, 11:42 AM
Mal

Well ... I've owned the car since it first came out last year. I will be one of the first people to say that this a very well designed car . I've broke only one part (left front spindle) in all this time (Friends have had similar results, very few borken parts). This includes Mod racing (Foam and Rubber) and stock racing (I placed 8th in the a-main of carpet nationals).

Now regarding the broken c-carriers .... I can only think of a few problems. Installing them backward can casue this. When engineers design a particular part they will beef up high load areas and take away material in low load areas. Another problem would be a batch of bad parts. Maybe too many air bubbles were present during the injection molding process.
Old 06-03-2002, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

"i see tamyia sells tanks, you should not be able to break theese....."

That's funny stuff. LOL

Chill out.

Big Dog: Are you the guy that paints? Awesome work.

Joe

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.