R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-28-2002, 04:00 PM   #2761
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BHenderson Send a message via MSN to BHenderson Send a message via Yahoo to BHenderson

I break the carriers all the time as well SW. My only solution so far is to stay off the pipes....which im trying to do lol
BHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 04:04 PM   #2762
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydewynder
Is anyone having problems with breaking the front C hubs/spindle carriers? If you are, how did you fix it? Are there any stronger replacements?
Get the Losi BRP front bumper. It takes up some of the front hits you might get during a race or practice.
Old 05-28-2002, 04:06 PM   #2763
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BHenderson Send a message via MSN to BHenderson Send a message via Yahoo to BHenderson

STLNIST, I bought that and put it on my car and it cracked in like 2 mins. I expected a bumper when i ordered it, but its really just a flemsy piece of plastic that you screw into your existing losi bumper. Quite honestly SW I dont think that the BRP bumper is worth the $8 they want for it.
BHenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 04:27 PM   #2764
ttr
Tech Apprentice

I don't want to say that I will never break a C hub again, but since I use my home made bumper the car runs with the same C hub. So look around at home and find some hard foam and cut a new wide bumper. If you can't find a strong foam, get the HPI Pro 2 foam bumper and a hobby knife. Let the bumper as wide as possible. Get a Losi bumper brace, but don't use it. You have to cut out a similar brace from some stronger material, like carbon plates or fiberglas PCB. Do not use the spacers for mounting. Cut out the form of the brace from the top face of the foam bumper, and let the brace sit in the foambumper. (I know, my english is a bit strange, but I hope you can find out what I wanted to say).

Do not forget to do the mods on the steering hubs, I mean the limiters. You can find pictures on it some pages before in this forum. This will prevent the front wheels to turn out too much from behind the bumper. This can save the C hub and the CVD bone.
Hope this will help you.
ttr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 04:31 PM   #2765
ttr
Tech Apprentice

oops, do not use the original wheel nuts, they are so big, that they are very likely to hook in the walls. Use some flat formed wheel nuts.
ttr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 04:40 PM   #2766
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by PorscheSuperCup
STLNIST, I bought that and put it on my car and it cracked in like 2 mins. I expected a bumper when i ordered it, but its really just a flemsy piece of plastic that you screw into your existing losi bumper. Quite honestly SW I dont think that the BRP bumper is worth the $8 they want for it.
What did you hit??? It's worked fine for me in modified.
Old 05-28-2002, 04:46 PM   #2767
Tech Regular

And Clint should be a good source for crash testing!
ChadK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 06:13 PM   #2768
Tech Elite

Thanks for all the replies.

PorscheSuperCup

Yeah I'm trying to stay off the walls too but the hub breaks when I get side swiped by someone also.
Sydewynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 06:49 PM   #2769
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

STLNLST- How did things go for you at the Reedy? Any chance you might know Matt's set up for the event? Did he have any prototype parts on his car that might make it to production?
Schuie Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 08:47 PM   #2770
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)

I have heard of this being a weak point too and seen a racer break three of them in one day. he told me that you may want to run a wider bumper (this was what he was planning). I have heard of people using aluminum parts but I have heard of them bending.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 09:02 PM   #2771
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by ChadK
And Clint should be a good source for crash testing!
OUCH!!!! Those other cars should be faster in the turns
Where were you at the Reedy Race?? Do you plan on doing any other big races coming up???
Old 05-28-2002, 09:05 PM   #2772
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Schuie Driver
STLNLST- How did things go for you at the Reedy? Any chance you might know Matt's set up for the event? Did he have any prototype parts on his car that might make it to production?
I ran Matt's exact set up. He ran everything that regular people can buy right now. There were only a few driver's testing a few parts. For the most part everyone ran production parts. The set up will be posted before the weekend. The racing was pretty fun. There were a few things early on that got my blood boiling but rather than use the boards to vent I'll keep it to myself. The out breaking in the corners was fun to watch and fun to do (IF)the racer behind you respects the line you beat him to. The track was wide open enough that you wanted to try a oneway on it but as I sit here thinking about it.....the diff would probably be the same if not faster than a oneway. The end of the sweeper was the best place to out break somebody.

Last edited by STLNLST; 05-28-2002 at 09:14 PM.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 09:27 PM   #2773
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just a heads-up... i've got my XXX-S listed in the For Sale forum... a lot of stuff priced to sell quick.

Two great deals

Thanks,

Trips
Old 05-28-2002, 11:28 PM   #2774
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default chattering

Does anyone else other than myself have a chattering in their steering? The only way to make it stop is to drastically reduce the steering travel which impedes me from turning as tight as I want to. I have tried the washers in the steering carriers but that did very little. Has anyone had this problem and know how to correct it. I'd appreciate you guys' imput.
Sigearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 01:19 AM   #2775
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I have had that problem. Was never really able to solve it, even with the washers... can't tell how or if it has impacted performance, though. My car is as fast as anybody's at the track.