Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 04-17-2002, 01:43 PM
Tech Rookie

are there any ways to accurately perform setup without a board? i dont have one, and obviously from the prior posts, have to make a lot of changes...

joe.
Old 04-17-2002, 01:50 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Don't worry about not having a board. It's not a necessity, it just lets you get things even more precise. It would be nice to have a camber gauge and a ride height gauge though. The Losi comes with a droop gauge so you should already have that.
Old 04-17-2002, 02:02 PM
Tech Rookie

yep, i have the droop gauge...

what is a good camber gauge to get?
Old 04-17-2002, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

the RPM camber guage is pretty good and in-expensive
Old 04-17-2002, 07:30 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I use the Shumacher camber gauge, It gets the job done, and being made out of a sheet of carbon fiber, it looks cool too .

It also comes with a ride hieght gauge. Sell that on E-bay, use the carbon fiber for a custome job, or something.. and get a nice steped one like the Team Associated ride hieght gauge.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

productnine:

On the spinning problem: make sure that your shocks are not binding. I had the same problem that you're experiencing and found that the piston was binding in one of the front shocks. Took it apart and sanded it on the edges.

You can go through all of the setup measurements and adjustments (like I did) and still have the problem if the shock is binding as it moves downward.

Later,

YJ
Old 04-17-2002, 11:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Did the Hudy system fit or did you need to make the holes bigger for the Losi?
Old 04-18-2002, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Arnoud
Did the Hudy system fit or did you need to make the holes bigger for the Losi?
The Hudy will not fit unless you enlarge the holes. The Integy will fit with no mods.
Old 04-18-2002, 02:26 AM
Tech Elite

productnine

After you check everything that everyone else said do the following if you don't have access to a tweak station (MIP):

1) Place the car on a flat surface with the everything in place including the battery.
2) Take an exacto knife and with the backside of the blade, lift one end of the car at the centerline of the chassis.
3) Look to see that both left and right wheels lift off the surface at the same time.
4) Do the other end of the car.

If the left and right wheels on one end does not lift off at the same time you have "tweak". What you get is uneven weight distribution to the left and right tires on that end of your car causing one side to have more grip and thus pulling.

If you have threaded shocks you can dial out this "tweak". You need to work on the diagonal opposite shock of the tire that lifts first. Example: Left rear wheel comes off first. You need to adjust the right front shock. Turn the collar down a little and recheck.
If you don't have threaded shocks then you need to add clips to that shock.
Old 04-18-2002, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by Sydewynder

The Hudy will not fit unless you enlarge the holes. The Integy will fit with no mods.
My Hudy system worked and the holes were not enlarged. It was a tight fit but it worked with out modification to the system.

It also worked with my Pro2 and TC3's.

Last edited by RCCadet; 04-18-2002 at 05:26 AM.
Old 04-18-2002, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Post Hudy System

I had no problems using my Hudy System for my XXXs either. The holes were a little tight but no modifications were needed, or made.
Old 04-18-2002, 08:11 AM
OBY
Tech Apprentice

hey guys. first night racing outside on tarmac with my losi tonight, should be good, i'll let you know how i get on.

do you know of any good aftermarket shock towers for the xxxs, particulary the rear?? i broke one (someone hit my stationary car full speed with a 13t motor ).

my car should be pretty good, its the clubs first nite outside this year and i won the championship pretty much hands down, but that was with my pro2, only had experience with the losi indoors on a wood floor racing, and i seemed to win with that, althought tarmac is totally different!

does this sound ok?

hpi threared aluminium shocks on the losi with no3 pistons (2 hole), 80wt oil, losi purples, -1 camber all round, stock setup elsewhere...

also any ideas for a good pinion starting point for a 12x2 with a 88t spur. the manual recommendation felt a bit flat.

thanks.....oby
Old 04-18-2002, 10:13 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by OBY
do you know of any good aftermarket shock towers for the xxxs, particulary the rear?? i broke one (someone hit my stationary car full speed with a 13t motor ).
SpeedTech, Dynamite, and Losi all make aftermarket shock towers. All graphite, but the SpeedTech is woven graphite. It has the "trick-looking" factor of 10.

Get the Losi Graphite conversion kit, Shock towers are about $15 each, graphite arms are $12 for a set of fronts, the chassis is $49, but the Graphite conversion kit, comes with everything graphite that losi makes, is around $80. Good deal if you ask me

-Troy
Old 04-18-2002, 10:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default switching

hey you guyz i have a losi xxx-s but i recently switched to the factory team tc3 and it is a lot harder to break i have the full graphite conversion and alot of other thing does anyone have really good setup so it will drive better if you dont im staying with the big long shaft ahahhahah ---peace youll and please wb with a great setup for outdoor thanks!!
Old 04-18-2002, 10:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default hello

hey its me again!!1 do you know any setups yet??i jsut ws wonderin right now im running the stock s prings and cmber etc..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.