Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 02:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks David. Yep that's exactly why I came back to the Losi. I really have not run much modified before and I knew that the Losi just felt much smoother than my TC3 even in stock so with the extra horsepower in modified it just became a no brainer. For those times I'm forced to run stock, I'll just have to take my beating
Old 04-16-2002, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are now stocking parts for the XXX-S. Check them out at www.kthobbies.com
Old 04-16-2002, 06:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Schuie Driver
Thanks David. Yep that's exactly why I came back to the Losi. I really have not run much modified before and I knew that the Losi just felt much smoother than my TC3 even in stock so with the extra horsepower in modified it just became a no brainer. For those times I'm forced to run stock, I'll just have to take my beating
I wouldn't say that you are going to take a beating in stock. The guys that run the car out here are doing well in stock against the TC3, mission, and Yok's. You do have to be very smooth in stock and keep the corner speed up........but you do what feels right for you. Welcome back and happy racing.
Old 04-16-2002, 07:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

In stock I do drive my belt as loose as possible (which is extremely loose). This makes the car fast out of the corners and still gives it a decent speed on the straights. I drive either P2K2 or MVP and mainly a 88/25 gear. Fast enough to drive in the top of our local races and close to the top in the bigger races.

The one thing missing, which could be a benefit, is an aggressive feeling, even though the car is still fast. Any ideas?!
Old 04-16-2002, 07:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default I need a setup for Asphalt with Foam tires.

This is one of my favorite XXXS forums. Chalked full of information. However, I haven't found a setup for the XXXS on a permanent asphalt track, with FOAM TIRES. The track sometimes gets dusty, depending on how many trucks go by, and how dry the surrounding fields are. LOL. If someone could please start me off in the right direction, that would be great!
Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 04-16-2002, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Whitester - I was just about to ask the same question. We move from racing on carpet with foams in the winter to driving on asphalt with foams in the summer. In the past I've noticed with other cars that I can just about run the same setup between the two surfaces without many problems. Does your track use any type of traction additive in the turns?
Old 04-16-2002, 07:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

No our track doesn't use any traction additive. I was thinking the set up would be similar. Ahhh we'll see tomorrow!
Old 04-17-2002, 11:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Default please help me!

i am a new xxx-s owner and also new to rc. i have read alll the Faq’s and this whole board from strt to finish. the amount of info here amazes me. since all you guys are so experienced, i need your help. i have a few simple problems(mostly with setup) that i am sure have simple answers. i dont want to clutter up your nice board with my dumb questions, so anyone willing to help me out, please aim me or drop me an email. or if you guys can answer my rookie questions here, i will gladly take the answers. please post your thoughts or contact me.

thanks in advance!
joe.

aim = productnine
[email protected]
Old 04-17-2002, 11:22 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

productnine: post any question....

Maybe it will answer some one elses question also...
Old 04-17-2002, 11:33 AM
Tech Rookie

okay...here we go then

1.on power, my car pulls to one side. also, i cant accelerate from a stop to full throttle... it spins donuts.

2. the car pushes when turning on power or off at speed.it is a very stable line, but not near sharp enough.

we wil start with these.

thank you!

joe.
Old 04-17-2002, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

the car pulls be cause something is tweeked.....check shock lenghts and for arm binding....
Old 04-17-2002, 12:01 PM
Tech Rookie

can you define arm binding for me...? and how do i correct it? and by tweeked, do you mean warped, or not dialed in correctly ?

any ideas on the spinning? do i need new tires possibly?

thanks mr. losi

joe.
Old 04-17-2002, 12:26 PM
R/C Tech Founder

"Tweak" is a general term that on the general sense means that something is different on one side of the car than the other.

Some easy things you can check to make sure it isn't tweaked:

- make sure your droop settings are consistent (left-to-right and front-to-rear)

- make sure your shock lengths are consistent, once again from left-to-right. if you are using the stock shocks with the spacers, pay close attention to how the shock-ends are screwed in, since that is where the most variance will probably be.

- sounds stupid, but make sure that all camber, arm and shock mounting holes are the same from left-to-right on the car. it's not hard to make this mistake...

- when that stuff is all done, make sure that the ride height of the car is consistent. check the height at the four corners and make sure it is consistent. This is also easily overlooked and can change, so make sure you check it regularly.

If you go through those areas and the car is still behaving strangely, check the drivetrain for binding. Take the motor out, and see how the car rolls -- it should not pull to either side when rolling. Make sure that the drive shafts turn each wheel freely, and that the diffs are not slipping. Sometimes something as simple as a bad bearing can cause one wheel to move slowly at lower speeds, which can be a huge factor in weird behavior when accelerating.

For the arm binding issue that mr. losi mentioned, you can take the shocks off and make sure that the arms (with the wheels and everything else on) have a full range of free movement. If they don't, try and find whatever is binding. Sometimes you can have something like a bent hingepin that can cause a problem like this, or a cracked arm that you had not previously noticed.

Good luck!
Old 04-17-2002, 12:40 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks futureal!

i will check all those things immediately. i am under the assumption that the spinning will cease when i get the car all balanced up too. i checked the drivetrain and it is fine...so must be a left to right consistency issue.

i need to buy new tires also. i see sorex seems to be a name lots prefer. will these work in an unprepped parking lot, or do i need something else?

thanks.

joe.
Old 04-17-2002, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I set my car on the Hudy Setup system and discovered that the left rear had three degrees of toe-in and the other side had only two. I had to loosen the pivot block and pull the A-arm back to get two degrees before securing the pivot block again.

It was slightly noticeable when viewing the car from the top but it is best to use a set-up board and system such as the Hudy Setup System.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.