R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-12-2002, 08:22 AM   #2506
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would go with the speeline towers, I am running the Dynamites but they are practiacally the same and I don't think king kong could break them and you save a little upper weight.

As far as the losi breaking, it doesn't break any more or any less then any other car on the market. Just ask him how much he likes handling his saddle packs, or did all the hudy setup stuff come with the car? Not hating on the xray at all, just hating on the individual that would try to put you down.

AE | Reedy | KO | Tekin | Powermaster | Avid | Upgrade | BCE | Paint by Smiley
David Joor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 08:34 AM   #2507
Tech Regular

where can i buy these shock towers that you mensioned. it needs to be online for me to get it. recently at a big race here the losi beat a feild full of x-rays and corallys so i cant see any reasons for him thinking these cars are in a whole nother class as he put it.
ausracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 08:41 AM   #2508
Tech Addict

goto www.speedtechrc.com for the towers, they have fast delivery and very nice.

Anyone that says a certain car is better then another needs to honestly think a little more. All of your top designed cars, Losi, AE, Tamiya, X-Ray, Schumacher, Yokomo, and HPI can all be the same speed at the worlds with top class drivers. It just matters what your driving style is and what classes you run. But a statement saying that any of these top designed cars are crap is just pure ignorance.

Old 04-12-2002, 08:50 AM   #2509
Tech Regular

ok i have ordered from speedtech before so i will buy a stock and use that till the new one comes to me. i used the same tires on my xxxs as i did on my yokomo and it felt so much better out of the box then what i had gotten to with the yok. it did have a bit of understeer(i was amazed) and was wanting to know what i should adjust to get it feeling a bit more aggressive. i was thinking camber link length or castor but dont know which would be better cos i never had castor adjustment before
Old 04-12-2002, 08:52 AM   #2510
Tech Addict

Describe your track and your basic shock, camber, and caster setup if you can.

Old 04-12-2002, 09:01 AM   #2511
Tech Regular

the track is a ruffed up concrete. evrything is as per manual with camber being 1 degree front and 1.5 rear. droop is 4 rear and 3(i think) front with my integy gauges. 6.5 ride height all round.
Old 04-12-2002, 09:36 AM   #2512
Tech Addict

The quickest change you could do is take the ride height to 6mm in the front and leave the rear at 6.5 and remove one 1mm of downtravel (1mm higher up on the droop gauge). This will make the car react faster because lower to the ground and less chassis roll, and by lowering the front a little will put a little more weight on the nose to get rid of some of that understeer. Try running you battery forward if you are not already.

We usually run the car lower, the 6.5mm is playing it safe because not everyone runs their car on a prepared track. Being that you said it is ruffed up, that is why I said keep it. The standard ride height for a prepared track is 5mm.

Old 04-12-2002, 03:51 PM   #2513
ttr
Tech Apprentice

Default Lighter oil, more traction?

I need a bit more overall traction, and now I use 50 wt Asso oil. The asphalt is prepared but rough with some big bumps. Is it a good idea to use a lighter oil, like 40wt and softer springs like HPI red or green allaround (they are between the losi silver and blue) with 11T motor?
ttr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 07:27 PM   #2514
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01
1-way question

So how stout are these 1-ways for the Losi, theLosi 1-way that is. Which parts on the 1-way break more?
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 07:55 PM   #2515
Tech Regular

i checked the droop today and it already was at 2. ill try lowering ride height on the front and see how it goes.on this track you need fair amount of ride height because the track has a few bumps and cracks. also how do you guys get rid of slop in the steering. my car has huge amounts in the steering while the suspension is very good.
Old 04-12-2002, 08:06 PM   #2516
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ausracer
i checked the droop today and it already was at 2. ill try lowering ride height on the front and see how it goes.on this track you need fair amount of ride height because the track has a few bumps and cracks. also how do you guys get rid of slop in the steering. my car has huge amounts in the steering while the suspension is very good.
Epoxy all your ball cups to your ball ends-no just kidding. I changed my stock losi ball cups to RPM's ball cups and some of the slop went away. Some people say upgrading to bearings in the bellcranks will take out slop. Also, check your servo saver and make sure every thing is okay with it. If your using 2 springs in the saver go to 3, that will help take out somewhat of slopiness in the steering. The graphite parts will also help stiffen the front of the car up but that's flex not slop. Good luck and happy losing, ooops I mean racing!
Old 04-12-2002, 10:40 PM   #2517
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

another way to eliminate slop is to get some alum belcranks....it helped mine...
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 11:38 PM   #2518
Tech Master

what is a good gearing starting point for a 19T spec? I am running the 128T 64p spur.
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 11:49 PM   #2519
Tech Elite

19 turn mod, try high 7's. These motors "cog" alot.
Old 04-13-2002, 01:43 AM   #2520
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by ausracer
it did have a bit of understeer(i was amazed) and was wanting to know what i should adjust to get it feeling a bit more aggressive
Ausracer:

Try moving the front shocks inward another hole on the shock tower. This had the biggest impact on steering for me - I run 5mm ride height front and rear.

Later,

Joe
yokomojo is offline   Reply With Quote