R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-28-2002, 04:52 PM   #2416
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default unmounted foams

Does anyone know a good reliable cheap place to get unmounted foam tires from? Something that would be comparable to a plaid purple TRC setup? Or where to get mounted TRC plaid purples from? I can't find anything cheaper than $18 a pair and the way I drive, I go through tires like its my job. I chunk them up and need to replace them after about 10-15 runs. I don't cut them though, and I do plan on cutting then soon which will help with the chunking a bit. Any online stores out there that sell this stuff cheap??? THanks in advance
DennisNyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 05:27 PM   #2417
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

FUTUREAL,

A friend of mine got Losi's aluminum CVD's and the clicking stopped. I've also found that if you dial out steering it stops. I usually use just enough to get through the turns. I know on some tracks it is difficult to dial out steering because of tight turns. If that doesn't work, try moving the arms forward. I would go the steering route first.
XER987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 06:24 PM   #2418
Tech Master

Does anyone know if the TC3 universal bones will fit the XXX-S?
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 07:23 PM   #2419
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by ChadK
Futureal- replacing the one-way outdrives greatly reduced the clicking noise on mine. On the CVD's let me geuss the ones you bought are alluminum right. Losi put shorter axels in the allum CVD kits to help reduce weight. If you use these with Yok or ACS wheel hexes you will not have a whole lot of tread left.

Chad
It was nice meeting you at the nats. Hopefully we'll be at another race together soon.
Old 03-28-2002, 09:53 PM   #2420
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to JitsuGuy
Default Help!

Ok, I finally got my car running (new kit)... After the first couple of runs, it's started to make a clattering sound when I turn hard or slam on the brakes. Is it the diffs? Is it something else? If so, what do I do to fix it?

Thanks,
Jits
JitsuGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 10:47 PM   #2421
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

jits..belt slipping...tighten it.....

on the inserts...i have been using yok med....or pit med.....if i want harder i go to firm yok...or med-firm pit.....to ajst the air gap iwrap tape around the wheel....i use the sorex dish rim....cheap and stiff.....very resilient to bending, but i have yet to break one....
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 11:29 PM   #2422
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

ChadK & XER987: Any idea why replacing the one-way outdrives might fix the noise? I may try cleaning it out and re-oiling it once more just to see if that helps.

I am not sure which CVDs I bought, they were the only ones I could find. I suppose they were the aluminum ones. Are those what most people are running?

I am more of a driver than a tech-guy; I usually just throw my car down and figure out a way to drive it well regardless of how bad it is working. I'd rather adapt than spend time working on the Godforsaken thing. Give me a well set-up car and I'd probably run it straight into a wall. "What, you mean when you hit the throttle it doesn't pull left?" haha
Old 03-29-2002, 12:35 AM   #2423
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by XER987
FUTUREAL,

A friend of mine got Losi's aluminum CVD's and the clicking stopped. I've also found that if you dial out steering it stops. I usually use just enough to get through the turns. I know on some tracks it is difficult to dial out steering because of tight turns. If that doesn't work, try moving the arms forward. I would go the steering route first.
I called Losi tech support a couple weeks ago about this. They told me that "yes, they do chatter" and "keep 'em clean and lubricate with lithium grease"

YJ
yokomojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 08:26 AM   #2424
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

futureal:

How did you know my driving style?

kansasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 08:34 AM   #2425
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
I am more of a driver than a tech-guy; I usually just throw my car down and figure out a way to drive it well regardless of how bad it is working. I'd rather adapt than spend time working on the Godforsaken thing. Give me a well set-up car and I'd probably run it straight into a wall. "What, you mean when you hit the throttle it doesn't pull left?" haha
Now that explains alot . I just drive like its a truck. "What do you mean the corner dots aren't jumps." Verrro smack... Sorry! "I hope i didnt break your leg." ..hehe...

-Troy
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 10:40 AM   #2426
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b
Default SpeedTech LRC Blocks

Anyone running the SpeedTech Low Roll Center blocks? I just put them on last night and mistakenly put the narrower rear adjustment block on the front and it went together perfectly. It was much easier to install but I noticed that it changes the angle of the front a-arms. I assume just changing the toe settings will fix this but does anyone know if using the rear adjustment block on the front will have adverse affects in the handing or performance of the front end?
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 12:20 PM   #2427
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We put on the speedtech low roll center blocks on the front and they were .5mm lower then the mf blocks. So guess what, you can't even get the a arm on. We added a .5mm shim underneath but still, maybe we got a bad batch or something.

AE | Reedy | KO | Tekin | Powermaster | Avid | Upgrade | BCE | Paint by Smiley
David Joor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 02:30 PM   #2428
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

I can get the arms on. You'll need to remove some material from the chassis and the bumper. I was just wondering if there is an adverse affect on the car to run it with the front arms more perpendicular to the chassis. Oh well, maybe I'll just try it and see what happens. LOL!
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 05:09 PM   #2429
R/C Tech Founder

I had to remove a bit of material from the bumper to get the arms on with the Speedtech blocks, but it was no big deal, since there was a lot of milling going on anyway. Check my review of the parts on the front page of the site for more info.
Old 03-30-2002, 02:59 AM   #2430
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01
Thumbs up

Onroad Electric and Nitro "State Championships" May 4th @ Small Cars Unlimited.

Last edited by webspinner; 03-30-2002 at 03:25 AM.
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote