R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-18-2002, 10:48 PM   #2296
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by 3D
Does antone know the part number for that foam bumper that M.Dawson has on his XXX-S?
there isn't one, he made it
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 11:06 PM   #2297
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

are the composite CVD bones from TC3 a direct fit on the XXX-s? how do they compare to the aluminum ones for the XXXs?
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 11:21 PM   #2298
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

how get rid of slop coming from the front spindles?
yodace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 11:23 PM   #2299
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation

I'm very interested in the part no for the titanium ball studs as well! Are they used in every spot or only in the back? (don't know why, but thought I read it somewhere).
Arnoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 12:42 AM   #2300
Tech Regular

The Ti ball studs are standard hieght so they could be used anywere on the car as direct replacements except the outer camber locations. If you use them in the outer camber positions were the stock ones are low profile you will slightly change the roll center of the car, the same as putting a washer under the stock stud. I don't know the part # you can get it from the Losi web page, they come in 3 sizes and retail for like $8 for 2 ball studs. Hope this helps.

Chad
ChadK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 02:39 AM   #2301
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

can anybody tell me exactly what effect overdriving and underdriving will do to the car? i specifically want to know what it will do in terms of steering - both initial turn-in/steering and at the middle of the turn (when i slowly apply throttle) up to when the car exits. any insight would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance guys!

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 03:02 AM   #2302
Tech Initiate

Roborat

Have a look at Mark Dawsons explanation at the following XXXs explained

Rich
chownr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 04:20 AM   #2303
Tech Initiate

Send a message via Yahoo to Mad_Cats

Quote:
Originally posted by marvi
are the composite CVD bones from TC3 a direct fit on the XXX-s? how do they compare to the aluminum ones for the XXXs?
You can't use the TC3 Comp. Dog bones in a XXX-s
and Team Losi does have an Aluminum one, for 10.00 USD each
(sorry I doesn't know the part number)
Mad_Cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 07:07 AM   #2304
Tech Initiate

Guys, I'm running a setup with black front shocks and purple rears, 80 weight oil all around and red and orange pistons. I run on a tight ozite carpet track with purple foams up front and pink foams in the rear. I have a problem with the car pushing on corner exit when under power and the right front wheel chatters real bad. Any advice on what causes the chatter would be appreciated.
R_Andersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 08:25 AM   #2305
Tech Initiate

R-Anderson
The chatter could be coming from a number of sources. Is anything damaged on that front corner? Bent CVD, hinge pin? Also if you are on full lock there can be a problem with the CVD rubbing the carrier. Try turning your steering down on the tranny or glue a washer on the inside of the carrier to limit movement.

As for pushing on the exit of the turn, how much castor are you running? I was running 4deg blocks and 2 deg inboard (6 eg total) and was experiencing the same push you describe - rubber on carpet though. Ive just gone back to 2 deg cator and that seems to help. You could also try running purples on the front as well as on the back. What shock position are you running? Try standing the shocks more upright on the front.

If this doesnt help I have heard other people say that when they get a problem at one end of the car they tune the opposite end. hence you could try reducing the anti-squat on the back and standing the rear shocks up - havent tried this though!!

let us know how you get on

Rich
chownr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 10:36 AM   #2306
Tech Rookie

Hey guys
The problem i am having with my xxx-s is understeer. Could the front carriers be the cause? Is there anyone who has tried different front carriers. (for example 4 degrees). Or is the problem something else?
sanitairgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 11:26 AM   #2307
ttr
Tech Apprentice

Default Asphalt setup

Can you suggest a basic set-up for wide open fast asphalt tracks with low grip (bit dusty) for modified motors? On the next race we will move out to our outdoor track what will be a bit dirty after the winter I think. Until now I have not run the car on asphalt.
ttr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 11:39 AM   #2308
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to JitsuGuy

ttr, the stock setup with 60wt oil in the rear shocks only. Run the droop that is suggested for the stock setup in the owners manual. After that, make sure you have the right tires (softer compound and insert for less traction), you're car should then be glued to the track. The reason I say this is because a local guy here runs that setup at our parking lot track and it dominates, still he's a great driver, but he can take turns faster then others without sliding, the car just leans and moves through the turns great. He had a problem with the tail-end sliding out, so he changed the oil in the back only, now like I said, it sticks. Give it a try, I bet you'll dig it.

Jits
JitsuGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 12:33 PM   #2309
Tech Master

sanitair,

Ive always run 4 deg. on the car......with 0 kick......try that or maybe try some kick.....are U running the batts. up front?????
STARSCREAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 12:55 PM   #2310
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by BLAZN420
sanitair,

Ive always run 4 deg. on the car......with 0 kick......try that or maybe try some kick.....are U running the batts. up front?????
i concur. 4 deg. w/ 0 kick, batteries up front...and it dives harder into the turns w/o giving anything up (atleast that i can tell).
diesel31 is offline   Reply With Quote