Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Old 02-20-2002, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

sportracer......a dab of CA...let it dry.....then a dab on each side of the crack in the chassis after that.....and you be set.
Old 02-21-2002, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Attn. Everyone

Scrap the MF bumper support, it is JUNK hit two tubes and it broke on the outside of the body post !!! Do not buy this piece.
Old 02-21-2002, 01:44 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I have been running the Losi clear bumper brace for the past couple months or so, and have not had a problem yet. No cracks, no breaks, and finally, no bent body posts.
Old 02-21-2002, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

I had tried using the stock bumper, but it sucked. So I switched mine to a Trinity. I have a quick question for everyone. Right now I am running a stock setup with a Trinity D4 13x3, but have not tried a stock setup. Can anyone tell me what motors they are running and how they are?
Old 02-21-2002, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

We run Green Machine 3's, P2K2's and MVP's. We gear normally around a 23/90. Mid-size track.
Old 02-21-2002, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I agree with dan-o. The MF brace sucks. I use the Losi Clear one that cost somewhere around $4. I bought 2 and haven't broke the first one yet (2 months).

If you want more support, put both on at the same time. It's not necessary but it's an option.

ChristopherKee
Old 02-21-2002, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Anyone else notice the clear XXX-S in this Picture?

ChristoherKee
Old 02-21-2002, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by ChristopherKee
Anyone else notice the clear XXX-S in this Picture?

ChristoherKee

Yes, it is that new chassis for the Worlds!!!

j/k

its a model so you can see the drive train.
Old 02-21-2002, 03:27 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah, for around $7, it was definately a good purchase. Comes with the screws and washers for installation.

Clear Chassis - I think it would be totally trick to be able to run one, but i bet it has flex issues almost as bad as the RS4 Pro3. I saw the clear chassis at the Chicago Hobby show. I swear i took a picture of it, but i cannot find it either online, or on my computer.

You can see it in the background of one of the pictures under "Event Coverage > Chicago Hobby Show >", but no close up shots... Hmm
Old 02-21-2002, 03:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

That clear chassis would be awesome looking on the car. But I'm sure it would work properly.
Old 02-21-2002, 05:11 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I saw the clear chassis at the Snowbirds....I'm not a fan of it. I just picked up a xxx-s off E-bay and it arrived today. I'll be visiting here often.

STL - It's good to see you here. This is my first ride since going to the darkside about 1-1/2yrs ago! It was between the xxx-s and the Mission. Lots....and I mean lots of guys are buying Missions here, so I went xxx-s. I've got alot to learn....
Old 02-21-2002, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

ASM- Good to see that you are still around. Here's the two cars in a nut shell...remember this is my personal opinion...

Losi- Easy to drive and easy to work on with great parts support. Great accelleration, and corner speed. Front end is a bit weak (dog bones, caster blocks) but Losi has done a running change on the bones and once a TC3 BRP front bumper is put on the car everything is well protected. Not 100% protected but the car can take some harder hits. The only hop up's that I feel are needed that helps me are threaded shocks, graphite chassis, and a oneway.

Mission- Great car (for pro's) too many things for a newbie to adjust that could frustrate them or dial themselves out. Killer car once you put some stick time into it (steers like a sun of a gun without a oneway...look out once one goes in) No matter what anyone on any message board says you still have to modify a few things to get the best out of the car (even though it's suppose to be awesome out of the box) Schumacher did improve on the Axis 2 and then some. The car has great accelleration but I have yet to see this car yank on a TC3 or XXX-S like everyone claims. Everytime one of us runs stock to prove it the end result has been two equally fast cars. The only reason why I would suggest the mission to you is because if all of your friends are running the same car set up info and parts would be easier to come by.

Just my 2 cents so hopefully mission owners won't bash me too hard
Old 02-21-2002, 06:46 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

STL, thanks for the help! The car came with like this....and I'm not sure what may need to be taken off. Graphite main chassis, red motor clamp, red servo mounts, red hardware, threaded shocks, red battery strap, red front alum hinge pin mounts on both sides of pins...this on both the front and rear of the car. It also has red shock mounts and wide graphite front bumper with red foam too. Oh and it came with red alum bellcranks and bearings. It had only been used on carpet (no wear scratches) and only came with black springs. Not mounted, but included was a red spur adapter.

Like I said, I'm starting from ground zero with this car and I just received it today. I have a concern about 2 things immediately. One being that the nuts used for spring collars on these shock bodies seems too "free". I couldn't even tell you if they're stock. My second concern is, are these aluminum hinge pin mounts.... Are they worthless?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-21-2002, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Hi guys, I'm just curious about this car. Can you point out what makes this car good? What makes it different/better than other cars? Is it the suspension geometry, drivetrain...? What makes it "faster in the corners" or "accelerate better" or whatever is its advantage? I'm just curious about the different car designs and what makes a 'fast car' fast.
Old 02-21-2002, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

do you have any part nos. for the outdrive saver? im not sure if thats what you call the ring that you install on the edge of the outdrive to prevent it from spreading. or can i use anything else on the outdrive? i think the spring collar from a used shocks will fit. thanks for any info

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.