R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-15-2002, 12:39 PM   #1906
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Here is a top bumper that I just finished. So far the feedback has been good.

The link to the other pics and general directions can be found at: http://www.fictionlab.com/losifaq/bumper/
Old 02-15-2002, 03:46 PM   #1907
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Good luck mounting a swaybar ;-)
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 04:46 PM   #1908
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

I personally would rather spend the extra $7 and get the Losi bumper brace. You can kinda see it in this image, i can try and get a better one tonight. I "chromed" the brace, and the gear cover looks pretty nifty if i do say so myself...

RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 06:50 PM   #1909
Tech Elite

Well I bought them(MF rear hubs) really (my confession) because I was to lazy to slot my hub hinge pins. My set screw holes for my graphite rear hubs (that hold the hinge pin) were about, almost stripped. So my hinge pins like to slide out and tear the wheel apart! Literally! I thought I chunked my foam tire... no.. I chunked my wheel!! Anyways, I went thru Aluminum A-arms with my TA03 back in the day. So no more of that thankyou! As far as the Aluminum CVD's, I didnt' know Losi made some?? I know they have the blue ones in UK. Hmmmmm I wonder if my blue ones from my Yok Special will work with my XXX-S? Just take off the "bone" part and connect it to the Losi axle? Anyways, thanks for the help!

Jimmy Mac
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 07:25 PM   #1910
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Good luck mounting a swaybar ;-)
Actually you can still mount a sway-bar
Old 02-15-2002, 08:55 PM   #1911
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

The only aluminium parts I got (aside from the low roll cnter blocks) are the frond spindles, because those damn screws that hold them in the c-hubs came loose all the time.

Now I can threadlock them and it's aaalll gooood.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 10:46 PM   #1912
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by littledog

I think it's better to bend than break.At least you can finish the race.I rather finish the race rather than spend my time working on something I just worked on the nite before.
You do have a point! I would rather finish a race too, but I've seen too many racers (myself included) struggle with handling only to find out that we were setting the car up around a damaged part.
Old 02-16-2002, 12:29 AM   #1913
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just got home from one of the local carpet tracks a little while ago, I saw something interesting there that I thought was worth a mention...

One of the racers, Donny Lia, was running a XXX-S with a setup that I didn't expect to work at all. He was running Associated red springs up front (22 lbs.) and Losi blacks in back (25 lbs.). He was also running his cells to the rear. He was running the standard high roll center hinge pin mounts and very small diameter TRC plaids and purples (they were almost down to the rims)

I don't think I've seen anyone run stiffer shocks in back than up front on the XXX-S, and I really expected his car to look loose as heck, but his car was by far the most dialed looking car out there, more corner speed than anyone and VERY quick yet smooth through transitions.

So far my experience with the XXX-S has been that with the high roll center mounts I've had to run softer springs and fairly large diameter tires to get grip... Seeing how well his car ran really surprised me. He is a great driver, but I really wasn't expecting his car to be working at all.

Trips

Last edited by Trips; 02-16-2002 at 03:23 AM.
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 01:16 AM   #1914
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Trips:

I run my XXX-S with blues Losi springs up front and the purples springs in the rear. It doesn't make sense, but it works.

I am running the standard roll blocks and Sorex tires with yok firm inserts. (on carpet of course)

People look at my car and can't believe it works that way. Now let's see if the setup works after I put that one way in....
kansasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 07:56 AM   #1915
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Mike F

Quote:
Originally posted by littledog
I still rather say"I placed 4th,5th,or 6th in the A main".Rather than say "Ahh,I was in the A main".Then I could go home and deal wit set up on my car to get ready for the next spanking I'll be giving.
Little D.O.G you need to tell proudwinner to get on this thread and post some of his set ups...bow wow wow
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 08:01 AM   #1916
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I think he did .In some sort of weird way.Kinda like peice by piece.A little at a time.Indescretly.
littledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 10:36 AM   #1917
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Mike F

yeah, I figured he wouldn't give it all away at once, he's always dialed in
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 05:15 PM   #1918
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

That's Proud.All ways go some kind of secret to keep.One of these days I'll figure out how he gets his losi ssssssssooooooo dialed in.
littledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 05:25 PM   #1919
Tech Adept

New guy here to TC's and picked up a XXX-S. Have only raced Micro RS4s lately. used to race1/10-12 carpet pan cars many moons ago. Have a few questions.
Starting out stock out of box with a P2K2 Pro 3000Reedy R3Ks Panasonic
Running LHS parking lot asphalt.

1. I have 26/27t pinions will this be a good starting point?

2. I take it the BRP bumper is a must?

3. Should I buy better 3000s or switch to 2400s?(mine only rated at 1.108v 1.107v).

4.Someone mentioned you have to get threaded short front shock bodies.

5. Will it be competitive out of box?Setting it up according to instructs. Not into buying show parts but will buy the essentials to make it competitive.Anyone have any youth serum for sale?

Last edited by MDM3; 02-16-2002 at 05:29 PM.
MDM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 07:05 PM   #1920
Tech Initiate

Send a message via Yahoo to Mad_Cats

MDM3,

Being a bit of a Newbie myself... only racing for about 6 mouth, please take my advice with a grain of salt.

The XXX-S is fast out of the box (well not for me.. there was a nut loose in the 5th wheel)

The Basics you may want.. Short shock on the front, one way diff. and in my case I think the alum. motor srap is a must.

If you are running the P2K2, the 26 should be about perect, my fastest combo on the P2K is a 26/88, but thats indoor carpet. With a MVP or a Green machine, I opt to gear down 25/24 respectively.
My P2K likes the heat.. sure you can cook an egg on it, but its my oldest motor and still my fastest.

Last edited by Mad_Cats; 02-16-2002 at 07:13 PM.
Mad_Cats is offline   Reply With Quote