R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-28-2001, 09:51 AM   #1531
Tech Regular

Hi steve,

Ordered some parts could you help to check on the order for me. I have sent you a PM containing the details..

Thanks and Million
viper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 01:40 PM   #1532
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

viper1,

I got your PM, and I just sent you an email right now. Thank you for your understanding, and I apologize for the delay.

Thanks

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 08:43 PM   #1533
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow! Just replaced my stock Losi bearings (which had the inner seals removed and had been sprayed out) with a whole new set of Boca metal shielded bearings. The difference in how free the drivetrain feels now is incredible. Not exactly a cheap hop up but with the metal shields I'm hoping they will last a little while and if they stay this free I'll be a happy camper
Schuie Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 10:24 PM   #1534
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

how much was this "hopup"?
kansasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 11:53 PM   #1535
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to SirSpeedy Send a message via AIM to SirSpeedy Send a message via Yahoo to SirSpeedy

......or "hop-down"....

Last I checked, teflon seals were considered an upgrade to metal shields.

I know of a car for sale if anyone is interested. All the goodies, graphite, one-way, Ti, swaybars, threaded shocks, high/low RC, springs, spares, etc $275. 4-5 race days on it.
Old 12-29-2001, 05:55 AM   #1536
Tech Adept

You are correct Sir Speedy, teflon shields are better than the metal ones but in my opinion they have a little more rolling resistance than the metals. The teflon shields are much better at sealing out dirt and grime though. If my Losi came with teflon (Do the new versions come with these?) I probably wouldn't have purchased the new ones but when I purchased my kit it came with shields that were almost like paper once you blew the grease out.
Schuie Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 05:41 PM   #1537
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I am very interested in the car...email me castell@peakpeak.com

Quote:
Originally posted by SirSpeedy

I know of a car for sale if anyone is interested. All the goodies, graphite, one-way, Ti, swaybars, threaded shocks, high/low RC, springs, spares, etc $275. 4-5 race days on it.
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 06:04 AM   #1538
Tech Regular

I just got my xxxs and it's great,but i have one problem i have the trinity spur gear adapter and the robinson spur rubs on the idler pulley anyone have this happen
sportracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 07:32 AM   #1539
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Not all spur gears will work with that adaptor. For the most part Trinity Spurs will work. You have to use thin profiled spurs. STLNLST should have a good list of what works and what doesnt by now.
Old 12-30-2001, 07:52 AM   #1540
Tech Regular

Mark how do I get intouch with STLNLST
sportracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 09:02 AM   #1541
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I saw the STLNLST signal in the air so I came running

sport racer- With the spur gear adapter I have been using Trinity spurs and Integy spurs. Both of these are thin enough to clear the white pulley where all of the rubbing occurs. Integy spurs may be the cheaper of the two and easier to get. I run mostly 64P but I have a good selection of 48P as well. Take a look at Integy website for any gears that you may want to run. If you have any other questions please fell free to ask away or you can ask Matt directly on his thread on tech talk.

I ran the car last night with the Paul L set up from the Horizon website without the roll center blocks( I haven't put them on yet) and with purple springs all the way around and the car was pretty good. They rear end wasn't to my liking but the car was controllable and still put down some fast lap times. My BN team mate ran this set up also so for our testing he was in charge of camber changes and caster while I played with droop and anti squat. For the main we ended up with the purple springs all around out one hole on the front and rear shock towers and zero anti squat in the rear. The car was dialed. Rear end was planted and the car was still killer in the corners. The tire of choice was Sorex 28 up front 24 in the rear with Sorex A med inserts. I also changed my fron arm location. I ran the arm spacing from the Matt Francis roar nats set up. We had the XXX-S
finsh 2nd 4th(me) 5th(bigdog) Jimmy Jacobson won and Dominic Favorito came in 2nd. The racing was killer. I can't wait until next week. How did the rest of you guys do and what did you change?

Later
Old 12-30-2001, 05:01 PM   #1542
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

hey guys....i would through out that trinity adaptor.....they are not round...

stnlst....i am at about the same as you with the setup....tommorow i will know more.....i am at black purpl now....i might go to purple blue or purple purple.....i will let you know...
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 08:04 PM   #1543
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am the other half of BN racing I made a camber change up front I moved from the #1 hole to the #2 hole. It gave me to much off power steering and rotated the car to fast at high speeds. Stlnlst changed the anti squat in the rear from 2mm to 0 and his car was able to carry more speed in the corners and kept the rear end from coming around. The Paul Leimuex carpet setup is definitly the place to start for rubber on carpet!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 09:39 PM   #1544
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by mr. losi
hey guys....i would through out that trinity adaptor.....they are not round...

stnlst....i am at about the same as you with the setup....tommorow i will know more.....i am at black purpl now....i might go to purple blue or purple purple.....i will let you know...
Try contacting Trinity to see what can be done to solve your problem with the gear adapter. I haven't had that problem but I will mention it to Matt the next time I talk to him. Now about your set up...we haven't had to use the black springs yet. Purple has been all that we have needed so far.
Old 12-31-2001, 07:11 PM   #1545
Tech Apprentice

All,

What effect does shortening the camber link have on how the car handles? If I make the front short the car does????? If I make the rear shorter the car does?????

Thanks
nitrorcfan is offline   Reply With Quote