Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Carpet Vs. Asphalt

Originally posted by Cobra81li200
Ah ah, seems like everyone wants to organize their own "indoor worlds", the name is used a lot, but a worlds is organized by IFMAR, and it's not the case for any of them.
Yes it seems that way
But please consider..........

Who is the race director/ announcer for the worlds this week?

Who is putting on the race (http://www.worldindoorchampionships.com/)
in Vegas?

Notice something in common there?

Same guy....... Scotty

Its gonna be big!

Last edited by Big Daddy Boomer; 10-27-2004 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Cool

I havent seen any 1/12 cars run? How are they compared with 1/10 in speed, drivability, cost and popularity? Here in my city, almost all racers are into electric 1/10 scale. Please give me some insights on this. thanks.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

oh comeon guys, despite no one providing real live coverage, u should still be happy with what is available. I mean, it sure beats nothing and i really don't mind being a day behind what is really happening.
Thanks to everyone who has been posting photos and providing result, now the big one's coming (TC of cos), i just hope the results will be even more "live". Personally, i'ld love to see Masami win TC. If he does, then he has won every electric class out there, what a driver!
Old 10-26-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

I cannot believe we cannot find something better to talk about than Orions coverage. The bottom line is all of the manufactures are there to race. They are trying to win a world title. You and I are the last thing on the list. Thier job comes first as it should. We should feel grateful they are even trying at all. Try to act like adults and show respect for the people who hold our sport together. If anyone should be responsable for race coverage it should be the race venue. All its going to take in the future for our sport to explode is going to be one national level race organizer to get some TV time. The problem is that it is alot of work and money to do this. ESPN just doesnt show up, someone has to invite them and ensure the bills get paid. All that costs alot of money. Wich is what the larger RC companies should be trying to get involved in. A live RC race is a very long way off. We are lucky we have what we do. We should be thankful not petty.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

well said "SpeediePHATT", people need to learn to appreciate what they have!
Now as for people who argue about what body Masami is using, look at this:

1 Masami Hirosaka
Car: Associated 12L Yokomo Special Motor: Reedy Ti 10x2
Batteries: Yokomo Z3300 HVR ESC: GM SX12 World Special
Tires (f/r): TRC / Yokomo Body: Parma Spirit 12
Radio: KO Esprit Vantage Favorite Food: Vanilla

Now, the body is a Parma Spirit 12, never heard of it , but yeah...
Btw, got that off RCCA website, provided by Mike on the site
Old 10-26-2004, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Carpet Vs. Asphalt

Originally posted by Hoosierdaddy
Yes it seems that way
But please consider..........

Who is the race director for the worlds this week?

Who is putting on the race (http://www.worldindoorchampionships.com/)
in Vegas?

Notice something in common there?

Same guy....... Scotty

Its gonna be big!
Oh thats awesome. I have been looking for an excuse to holiday in America, even if it's just to watch...
Old 10-26-2004, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Since Scotty runs the big races, he knows all the top drivers.

Look at his Novak Race the last few years, I have been to the last two. I think in 2003 he had maybe 180 entries, then in 2004 there were 280 entries. It is a huge race, the biggest Touring Car only race that I know of. Blackstock, Hodge, Kinwald, Doseck, Cyrul, LeMieux and Baker have raced the Novak race.

If you guys want to attend a really cool race, come to www.trackside.com and check out the dates for the 2005 Novak Race. It is a really fun week, and the hotel in the area is about $50. So make plans now!

Sorry to get off topic!
Old 10-26-2004, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Don't mean to be picky, but do you think it would be possible to get some pics of the Reedy/Yokomo motors using the aluminum endbell that was approved for the worlds....

Thanks.

Great pics and coverage......sorry people can get so ungrateful.

Later EddieO
Old 10-26-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default rc scoring pro

hey you forgot one very important racer that has raced at the novak race. GOOP
Old 10-27-2004, 12:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by EddieO
Don't mean to be picky, but do you think it would be possible to get some pics of the Reedy/Yokomo motors using the aluminum endbell that was approved for the worlds....

Thanks.

Great pics and coverage......sorry people can get so ungrateful.

Later EddieO
EddieO.... here you go
-Dave

Old 10-27-2004, 12:53 AM
Tech Master

WOW. This must be the fastest moving thread we've had on RCtech. I left it 12 hours ago and had to read 4 pages to catch up.

Thanks firstly to everyone who has made this possible, but especially to you Shane. International RC coverage has been taken to a different planet since you brought RCtech on the scene. Well done and thanks again.

Thank you Jarrod for spicing it all up with those great pics.

Thank you Orion and Petit for great additional coverage.

And finally a big WELL DONE to the greatest RC driver of all time, Masami Hirosaka. I read so much criticism of the guy, but at the end of the day it's all sour grapes. He is the standard that everybody has set out to beat. And what's more he's humble with it. I hope he wins the touring cars too. He deserves it.

Before I start World War 3 perhaps I should back my statement "THE GREATEST RC DRIVER OF ALL TIMES" by the fact that, as far as I know, no other driver has won 14 world titles.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by johnbull
WOW. This must be the fastest moving thread we've had on RCtech. I left it 12 hours ago and had to read 4 pages to catch up.

Thanks firstly to everyone who has made this possible, but especially to you Shane. International RC coverage has been taken to a different planet since you brought RCtech on the scene. Well done and thanks again.

Thank you Jarrod for spicing it all up with those great pics.

Thank you Orion and Petit for great additional coverage.

And finally a big WELL DONE to the greatest RC driver of all time, Masami Hirosaka. I read so much criticism of the guy, but at the end of the day it's all sour grapes. He is the standard that everybody has set out to beat. And what's more he's humble with it. I hope he wins the touring cars too. He deserves it.

Before I start World War 3 perhaps I should back my statement "THE GREATEST RC DRIVER OF ALL TIMES" by the fact that, as far as I know, no other driver has won 14 world titles.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Tru-dat---tru-dat......he is my fave driver as well, although I hope Surikain wins again or even HARA coz the three of them are my top three.............
Old 10-27-2004, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Johnbull,

I don't think anyone will challenge you on that. Masami is the greatest of all times. On road, off road, he's the Master. There's lots of great ones (Pavidis, Johnson, Bertin, Monesi, Steenari, Spashett, ...) but Masami is the King of them all.... PERIOD! Collari is number two when it comes to world belts, but it's only been in one class (which is still the best of them all if I may add )

Paul

PS: Props also to Tomas Pumpler from Osterreich... First worlds final, after his Euro final a few months ago. He's getting there!
Old 10-27-2004, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

I haven't heard much of Pavidis lately - where has he been?
Old 10-27-2004, 02:34 AM
Tech Master

I've just seen a pic of the new Yokomo 555 in the Orion website.

Can Jarrod do a real good pic or 2. Looks interesting !!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.