2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

yah your right he could win with anything. I think it is cool he used a speed 8. Parma did alot to push 1/12th scale body technology and it is cool to see it paying off.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Masami's new Yokomo body really looks nice. Cant wait to get one of the Yokomo bodies....nice and sleek. I wish Parma or protoform made one like that....classic lines.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jpilone
For those of you that have a clue of what "bandwidth" is, the site where the gallery is went from having about 3 gigs of bandwidth used before the worlds to 27 gigs used since Saturday......

That's ALOT!! Thank god we have basically unlimited bandwidth
WOW!!!!
Old 10-26-2004, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok, I dont know why you all are getting so hung up on all this. Orion is doing the best they can to give us the best coverage they can muster. I personally have no objections to running on either asphalt or carpet. I reiterate, Masami will be at or near the top of the standings no matter what surface you run on. Like I said, the man has now won 14 world titles with every type of electric vehicle (except TC) on the market. Why don't we stop with the nickel and dime arguing and bask in the glow that comes with crowning a champion. If Masami is running TC and he wins that title, we can pretty readily crown him the greatest if not at least the most versatile RC racer in history.

My $.02
Old 10-26-2004, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: Orion coverage

Originally posted by Rick Draper
At the end of the day are Losi, yokomo, trinity, peak, xray, tamiya, corally, associated or anyone else trying to provide worlds results up to date? Er NO so stop dissing them. Rick
The other manufacturers did not say they would have one. We had better coverage even with us being in the Uk, come on.

Regarding wireless, the problem is that the hurricanes destroyed most of the network over there, so there is no chance it would work for now.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Rick Draper
Did a certain UK driver in this list not dominate the Worlds in the UK in all 3 classes? A certain Spashett showed the world what he could do and will do again when its on carpet?

Top five would be;

Spashett by a half lap,
Masami, as he is one of the best,
Hara, raw skill,
Baker, normally the brides maid never the bride,
Cyrul, totally awsome on carpet but lacks the edge of spashett and masami IMHO

Rick
Fair enough, but last time I saw a huge concentration over very talented drivers racing on carpet, at the LRP Masters, he did not dominate at all, it was Rheinard's time, and only Teemu could follow him (not beat him, hell no). Yeah David's an awesome driver, and he was in the A, but give credit to the others.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

if they had a 1/12 scale worlds on carpet, i'm sure masami and hara would
do good just the same. these two just seem to adapt pretty quick
and are always well prepared. Blackstock who is well known as a fast
carpet racer was fast enough to get third.

Last edited by jwf_frani; 10-26-2004 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Carpet Vs. Asphalt

Well this debate will go on for years.....but a race like this will show us the whos who on carpet. This is the type of race that some of you guys are looking for......stay tuned to see how it all plays out.

http://www.worldindoorchampionships.com/
Old 10-26-2004, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Carpet Vs. Asphalt

Originally posted by Kevin K
Well this debate will go on for years.....but a race like this will show us the whos who on carpet. This is the type of race that some of you guys are looking for......stay tuned to see how it all plays out.

http://www.worldindoorchampionships.com/
Ah ah, seems like everyone wants to organize their own "indoor worlds", the name is used a lot, but a worlds is organized by IFMAR, and it's not the case for any of them.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

does anybody know were i can get the final listings of the 1/12 scale? (a.b.c.d final etc)
Old 10-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Carpet Vs. Asphalt

Originally posted by Cobra81li200
Ah ah, seems like everyone wants to organize their own "indoor worlds", the name is used a lot, but a worlds is organized by IFMAR, and it's not the case for any of them.
Any race attended by racers from around the world can be a worlds event...
Old 10-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default So Cal Locals

Just need to wish the best of luck to all of the So Cal locals competing: Dirt, Law, Pudge, Todge, Peanut, Dawson, Tyree, Barry, Toso and HODAPP.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

COBRA you are right!NO ONE ELSE SAID THEY WOULD BE HAVING ANY COVERAGE! Why don't you just look at your words and see that EVERYONE OF THE MANUFACTURERS are there and not SUPPLYING anything to you. GIVE credit where it is due. You must complain about everything in life. You must be ready to kill yourself after a long hard day at work.

Just call someone at the track if you are in that much of a hurry to get the results. That is what I do.

Good luck to everyone at the races this week.

Everyone is lucky that Masami doesn't come and take Cleveland seriously. He would set up a carpet track at home and learn eveything about it like he does on asphalt and then come and WAX everyone till it was just a fight begging for second place. When was the last time someone put a 1/2 to 3/4 of a lap on HARA in a straight fight with no breakage?

Good job Oscar and the rest of Team Orion for taking the time to do this. Cause I am sure there is someone out there that does not run Orion and still complaining about not getting the comverage from them.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

^5 SCIDA !!!!

Jarrod, Thank you for the awesome pics!!

Shane, Thank you for hosting his venue!!

Your efforts are much appreciated!

Way to go JAKE!!

Most of all.... Congrats to Masami !!!

J
Old 10-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

jarrod - meglabite? what's that!

27gigs of bw is huge ~

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.