Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Do we have to call and cancel our reservations, or are they being canceled automatically?

What are the new rates going to be?
Old 09-15-2004, 08:02 PM
FTSPEEDWAY

Originally posted by tmunno
I know both Adrian and Jorge have asked all not to come on and upset ifmar, but some answers are needed!!! It's easy to see that this is going to come right down to the wire. Just like the pre worlds 170/190 mm wing mess.

We are running out of time gentlemen.Someone needs to make a command decision NOW!!! This is "THE WORLDS CHAMPIONSHIP" not some second rate club race. Could all parties put aside attitudes and egos and just get the damn thing done????? We are waiting for your answers, Thanks.
Hey Tmunno we got to remember this is there race (IFMAR) not roar or any club race there rules are there rules. If we want play we gotta follow them.

you know how it is if I could make decision I would trust me.

Jorge

Old 09-15-2004, 08:04 PM
FTSPEEDWAY

Originally posted by Greg Anthony
Do we have to call and cancel our reservations, or are they being canceled automatically?

What are the new rates going to be?
Please call and cancel the rooms there will be no charge and the room rate is still the same hereis the #407-846-2713

I have a list of everyone who booked rooms and will call or email them about the changes

If you know some one please tell them.

Jorge

Old 09-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jorge, I do know you would make the right decision. I just want to see it get done yesterday. I don't care if they use shoebox's cut out to look like cars. We will still paint them for the people Lynn has commitments to. She tries to always make her deadlines. This is cutting into how much she will be able to get done . And not just her how many others are in the same boat??? I 'm not slamming ifmar Just hoping they will come to a decision real soon. See ya in Oct.
Old 09-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Tires for the worlds

How readily available wil the CS27 premount tires be at and before the Worlds. I will be travelling with no tires and I am looking at picking them up when I am there or as late as possible.
Will there be some sort of special rate on the tires?
Old 09-15-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Fatbear, they had plenty at the pre-worlds and yes they were cheaper then the normal retail price. Did you change your hotel reservations yet??? See ya in 3 weeks. Good picture of you on BMI website. Lynn found it.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Tony,

yeah is was one of my better pics......not. Not to photogenic ha.
I have my travel agent looking into the change of bookings. Problem is that I got my room not on the worlds package, but as a singular booking. I got a better rate. I hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the behind.

Are they turning away everyone, even people not associated with the worlds?

Thanks for the info on the tires.

Darren
Old 09-15-2004, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

Darren

Good luck.

Seems to me most people are ok with rules but you have to know what is allowed in good time, so you can make your plans accordingly! Always remembering people has day to day life to fit in, around planning to attend RC events.

Cheers
Peter
Old 09-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Peter,

I will certainly need all the luck I can get.

Darren
Old 09-17-2004, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

Default Registration

Since I will be arriving at Kissimmee on the 25th, Monday, I hope there will not be any problems with registration.

Can anyone confirm that I do not have to be in Kissimmee before the 1/12th WORLDS in order to take part in the ISTC Worlds.

Thanks in advance,
John,
Athens, Greece
Old 09-17-2004, 06:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No...ISTC Reg is on the 26th. You will be fine.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:32 AM
Tech Addict

Default 12th scale schedule in more detail

I had held off waiting to read the Stage2 report (which I have now read) but was wondering if there was any more detail on the exact 12th scale schedule.

For instance, you talk about meetings at the new hotel. Since we will be staying at a different hotel, when/what are these?

What time are things scheduled to be done on Monday the 25th (so I can plan flights out, etc.)\

what time does practice start on Friday the 22nd?

thanks
Old 09-17-2004, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

Regarding the body shell dilemma for the upcoming IFMAR On Road Worlds, we at PROTOform were caught out by the same circumstances that Josh (CEFX) and the folks at Parma have discussed at length on this thread.
Mr. John Grant has been updated in the last couple of weeks exactly how this has all happened, and the GOOD NEWS is that Mr. Heiner Martin is working on a solution for the 3 companies involved. We simply got "no information" and "bad information" regarding the approval procedures for this years event. However, it's great to know that common sence will prevail.

Forgive me for my silence on the subject, I didn't want to make things more complicated that they already were. At this point though, any racer affected by this issue can rest assured knowing that it is being fixed. Feel free to contact me personally if you have any questions or concerns.

On a sightly related topic: for those of you out there that are still in doubt that the Mazda 6 is actually raced in a national series ( SPEED World Challenge Touring Car series), simply check out:
www.mazdamotorsports.com
http://www.mazdamotorsports.com/wcsc...s/trimz6lg.jpg

Best of luck to all racers preparing for the Worlds.

Sincerely, Dale Epp - PROTOform Race Bodies
Old 09-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

I seen a post from EFRA that has a legal body list for 1/12th scale in 2004. Near the bottom, EFRA specifically states that all Speed 8 bodies (Parma, Protoform + Trinity) are NOT legal.

The Speed 12 is not legal in EFRA either. Is there a real GTP/WSC/LMP car called the Speed 12?

Most of the bodies on the "NOT legal" list for EFRA do NOT look real with practically horizontal windscreens or half-headed driver figures. If this type of body tweaking is allowed to get out of control, we will soon be driving cars with painted Saran wrap laid over them.

It really doesn't have anything to do with timing or submission of the bodies to IFMAR, it appears that they are simply too "slammed" to appear scale.

Check it out here http://www.efra.se/news/download/200..._body-list.pdf
Old 09-17-2004, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

Yet the Trinity Speed 9 body is IFMAR legal and it is identical to the Parma Speed 8????

Trinity
Bentley EXP Le Mans

Ever hear of a Speed 9???

REF1401 .030
TRI39702 .020
Bentley EXP Speed 9

Last edited by barrys; 09-17-2004 at 03:26 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.