Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Opinion: Whats the most solid chargers >

Opinion: Whats the most solid chargers

Opinion: Whats the most solid chargers

Old 05-05-2004, 04:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Opinion: Whats the most solid chargers

Well Im am in the market for a good charger.. My last charger was an intelli peak charger. It worked well but after a year the power supply went bad.
So what are the best chargers that you guys have been using for awhile. Most solid, fail proof chargers... I want my RC allowance to go to RC CAR parts not chargers..
Thanks for your inputs....
Old 05-05-2004, 05:02 AM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Of all the most reliable electronics out there, gotta give my vote to Novak. Excellent designs & their stuff just does the job - boring eh?

Can't kill it with reverse voltage, its got more protection than Fort Knox. Only way to kill a Millenium Pro would be to either get caught in the rain (maybe) or drop it hard (possibly)... in which case you'd just send it back for a fixed-price repair.

Ya gotta love Orange...
Old 05-05-2004, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

first to say CE turbo35
Old 05-05-2004, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Competition eletronics. Even the old turbo 30's are still going strong! I love my T35 GFX
Old 05-05-2004, 06:22 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

CE has the best service(if needed) by far.

They are the stanard all other chargers are measured against in the US.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would have to say the CE has the market for the best. Either a turbo 35 or they have the new pitbull out it is an outstanding charger as well.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

I perfer the turbo 35 GFX.. still the top of the line in terms of chargers... No problem with the after market sale....
Old 05-05-2004, 10:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi,

I know many of you have read my posts before, Tre's I know is very knowledgeable and always makes very good points. Also yes I do have some motivated self interest here as I am now the contact for anything Pro Trak in the US for the last couple of months or so and will be for a long time.

One thing the Pro trak offers that many of the other chargers do not is upgradeability. Until my recent change to the 30A discharge prototype I had a Pro trak for 7 years which I upgraded to the latest programming every year. Every time there was technology improvement I stayed on the crest of that wave with the same charger, just paid a small fee for the upgrade. Now that I'm in the Pro Trak team, I'm doing the upgrades. Customer Support in the US is no longer an issue.

The new form factor for the 20A discharge version will be available in 3 or 4 weeks with the 30A version a month to 6 weeks after that.

How many chargers do you know that can help you re-match your own cells with individual cell data? (examples available on request).

The new ICS Accesory (tray) works with the pro trak so you can cycle your cells AND tray them down to zero volts individually on a repetative cylce without your intervention other than to set it away with the appropriate information.

The GFX is a great unit and trying to name a charger the "best" is very subjective. I only ask you to please check out the Pro Trak, web site info below and decide which you prefer subjectively.

I apologise to the people who have read my drum banging before, not much of this is new to you, I just want to show people that vanilla is not the only flavor of ice cream.

Thankyou

[email protected]
Old 05-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

crimson eagle is correct....

I am starting to like my Pro-Trak ALOT....

The main reason I stated the CE, we see very few of the Pro-Trak's in the US...

I am seeing more & more of the Pro-Trak's however.....

I have had great luck with both of them.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Opinion: Whats the most solid chargers

Originally posted by losispeed
...intelli peak charger...
Actually, these chargers are quite solid, but I can confirm, that the PS aint solid enough
Old 05-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

intellipeaks chargers are infamous for the powersupply going. But if you get a CE charger you will nee a powersupply for that so you could still use the intellipeak off of a new power supply
Old 05-06-2004, 01:38 AM
Tech Master

the lrp is a very solid charger.
german engineering at its best.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

tried orange, worked well for me.

tried the gfx, worked well for me too.

tried the pulsar, hey no false peak whatsoever. with the first two chargers, had false peaks. i was particularly surprised with the gfx falsepeaking at wrong settings, but the pulsar,worked very well. i sold my first pulsar, and now, i'm going back to it.

just my 0.02
Old 05-06-2004, 02:08 AM
Tech Addict

Tekin BC112. I know a guy who killed chargers every month. Well almost. Then he got Tekin and he's used it for a long time, all he's ever had to do is change fuses, the charger is still working fine.
Tekin is now back in business and the BC112 will be one of the first offerings.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by andsetinn
Tekin BC112. I know a guy who killed chargers every month. Well almost. Then he got Tekin and he's used it for a long time, all he's ever had to do is change fuses, the charger is still working fine.
Tekin is now back in business and the BC112 will be one of the first offerings.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.