Wiki Posts
Search

TT-01&TT-01E?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 01:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Default TT-01&TT-01E?

Hi
Once again I'm sure that I'm posting on a subject that has likely been discussed at least 20 times but I've got a whole new spin to post on even if it is a subject that has been brought up more than once in this forum.
After going from the air to the thought of the R/C car hobby I started looking around in hopes of finding the best buy that I could get on an on road EP touring car for well over five years I looked at the bargain basement priced el-cheapo RTR cars that can be found by the truck loads on Ebay
I would compare the pictures of these cars to pictures of the chassis found on cars such as HPI Losi Tamiya etc,and would take into account the price for what you get with these RTR offerings I might add that the thought of a kit was out of the question at the time having dealt with kit style airplanes as a person with limited knowledge of ESC's brushless motors and the likes that I had when I started flying R/C I thought it might be best to try an RTR as my entry into cars boy was that a mistake.
Or at least the choice of RTR I decided on in late December of last year,though I received my car in January of this year,everything looked good and the seller was and is still from the U.S. but as many of you know and have even stated here you get what you pay for and that I got so in January the UPS truck pulled up and unloaded a box from Nitrorcx.
Inside was a 1/10 scale EP brushed type exceedrc champion it was packed well and once I put batteries in it turned on the tx and rx it seemed to run just fine my decision to buy this particular car was made on the fact or idea that there were replacement,and upgrade parts available everything one might want to make this car a formidable TC and that is just what the company claimed right....
To get to the point this was untrue then and even more so now,the truth on the other hand is nitrorcx and its sister company,or companies are nothing but incompetent cons out for a quick buck and anyone looking to buy from these people would be wise to take everything I've just said as the absolute truth .
My plans were to go brushless with this TC but wanted to get some upgrades for the chassis its self to make it stable so as to be able to handle higher speeds on pavement whilst saving up to do all of this I ran it on a good sized driveway at the fire house just up the road from me and had ran the tread right off the tires so I needed new tires I thought that I'd really like some dish wheels for it but have found it like looking for a needle in a hay stack trying to fine 26mm.
Along with that the upgrade parts I needed for it have all but disappeared from nitrorcx's web site right along with the dish wheel and pre-mounted tires they claimed would be back in stock in two weeks or less the aluminum upgrades I needed or wanted were also about all gone,I know I could get them from other sources under the HSP name brand but could only find them being sold through Chinese sources and I'm done with retailers from China as they can't be nor should they be trusted!
Left in a quandary I've been left with no other choices other than to give up on the hobby all together or build a kit,I've decided on the latter part of the two choices and decided on a kit and it seems popular and I know it to be a reputable company who makes it "Tamiya" first off I'm not building a real kit its going to be a bits and pieces situation its a TT-01 chassis format bought from bits a pieces all jokes aside
Now here's my problem I'm not sure which kit it is I'm building as its not in a box but in bags,I've spent more than a few hours looking at it and even put thought to buy it one screw at a time though I was forced to buy the metal parts bags from what I can only assume to be a TT-01 full kit.
Its come to my attention that there seem to be at least 2 different if not 4 0r more versions of the TT-01 chassis,including a micro upgrade known as the "M" chassis,but I'm confident that I've purchased all the right parts to build the common TT-01 or TT-01E so after another long winded post my question here is this...
Is the TT-01E just an upgrade to the TT-01 its self or a totally different chassis so at this point here are the parts I've purchased,I've not purchased the chassis yet I want a carbon fiber chassis if I can find one or if it even exists,if anyone knows one way or the other if there even is a carbon fiber TT-01 chassis give me a heads up or even a link to who might sell them would be nice nice.
Once again sorry this post is so long and thank you guys for any help you might have to offer
Attached Thumbnails TT-01&TT-01E?-dscn5578.jpg-bag-.jpg   TT-01&TT-01E?-dscn5577.jpg-bag-b.jpg   TT-01&TT-01E?-tam51002.jpg-p-bag-.jpg   TT-01&TT-01E?-tam51003.jpg-p-bag-b.jpg  
Old 05-17-2010, 06:50 AM
knd
Tech Initiate

Is the TT-01E just an upgrade to the TT-01 its self or a totally different chassis
Upgrade only.

You can convert a TT01 in TT01E with this parts:

2 x Tamiya TT01 Type E A-Parts Upright 51318
1 x Tamiya TT01 type E D-parts Upper Deck 51319
1 x Tamiya 3x15mm Screws 4pcs. 9805859
1 x Tamiya 3x8mm Tapping Screws 10pcs. 9805754
3 x Tamiya 3x12mm Tap Screws 4pcs. 9805629
1 x Tamiya 3x10mm Screws 10pcs. 9804159
1 x Tamiya 3x15mm Tapping Screws 10pcs. 50583
1 x Tamiya 2X10mm Cap Screws 2pcs. 9805632
1 x Tamiya 3x12mm Counter Screws 10pcs. 50581
1 x Tamiya steering post 2 pcs 9808016
1 x Tamiya 3x12mm screw (for steering post) 2pcs 9805684

check the tt01 thread for more info.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-01-forum.html
Old 05-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The TT-01E is and "Enhanced" and updated version of the TT-01. This may help:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=415
Old 05-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Tech Addict

honestly...
Dont WASTE money trying to upgrade a TT01, aprt from the basics centreshaft & bearings.
It will allways be a low end, beginners car no matter how much you spend on it. Some guys spend more in upgrades than the cost of 2 new TA05's, just not worth it on a budget car.

Just start off with a better car
ie TA05, CycloneS , TF5, TB03, used Xray 007 etc etc etc

silk purse from a sows ear
Old 05-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

If you're interested in a shaft drive touring car with lots of hop-ups at a reasonable price get a TB EVO IV. Don't waste money upgrading a TT-01.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58331