Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

two of best !
Tekin in Stock class & 12/1
Hobbywing in MOD class
Old 04-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
Here in the UK we are waiting for the Hobbywing customer service to take off. It is good to hear that it will eventually. In the meantime, we have to look after ourselves, which does not make it easy for your company to expand sales.

I thought Stuart (cherry2blost)from racers in exile and giant cod were giving you the service you require ?
Old 04-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Tekin is a great brand with a gentlemen behind the company in jim campbell.There product is excellent with innovation,support and performance .

Hobbywing is also a top product with excellent performance ,support and innovation which in time will only get better and better .

So both have the own right tekin and hobbywing and it's up to the customer on what product they choose but whatever they choose they will be happy with any of the two .

The problem with some American manufacturers is they try to stop other abroad manufacturers from entering the US market by producing patents that they havent even innovated NOW that is protectionism this does not hold the customer loyal as there only trying to stop competition and choice which inturn makes the customer walk away not only from the product but the sport .

Hobbywing is different we hold the customer with support,innovation and quality not patents .That's the big difference between us and others .

we thought long and hard in the last couple of months with aquiring patents for our innovation but sat and thought why should we go down that path we know we are the designers and the innovators and thats more than enough for us .why spend money on lawyers for patents when we can spend that money on innovation for our loyal customers .The ones who Aquire patents and well know that its not there innovation only tells me they are falling behind the eight ball in patenting old tech and dont think in moving forward with new tech .In other words they have reached there limits
your a little off base if that is all you think a patent is. They do not approve patents on already existing products. You cannot patent old technology.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think Cobra is talking about patent "bridges" that companies build in order to monopolize designs. A friend that works for Ford explained this to me and said it was common in the auto industry.
Tom
Old 04-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SCTom
I think Cobra is talking about patent "bridges" that companies build in order to monopolize designs. A friend that works for Ford explained this to me and said it was common in the auto industry.
Tom
thank you correct .What im talking about is the programming method through the rx port which has been around since the early 90"S through servos and esc's which some people have patented in 2005 as theres .Manipulating patents is not innovation

Thats all.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
That's an interesting post.

America is indeed on the decline. In 1980, when Reagan came to power, America was the biggest creditor nation on earth. In 1988, when he left, it was the biggest debtor nation on earth, a position it has only enhanced in the 20+ years that have followed. America is already 'Made in China', as a visit to any shop there will clearly show. The US seems to want everything cheap, so it buys it from abroad (or, in the case of its automotive industry, from manufacturers who send the profits abroad), and borrows the money to do it. The UK is not far behind...

50 years ago we lived in a world where protectionism was rampant, and people were stuck with whatever the local market decided to make. Britain and America made terrible cars, motorcycles and white goods. As the world turned to free trade, away from protectionism, we were able to buy these from companies that made them better. If we were all patriotic, what would that quality be today? For America and the UK, pretty crap actually!!

China has people who work for low wages. They also have people who work for high wages. Poverty is in the rural areas, the industrial areas have higher standards of living. Workers in Chinese factories work less hours than those in rural areas on their farms. It's all relative. By your own admission, you have no evidence about any of the factories making these bits.

As consumers in a free market, you buy what you want where you want. If there is a better mousetrap, why not buy it? And yes, the Americans have clearly demonstrated that they do want to send their money overseas, mostly to China!! I see your point, but it seems to me that horse has bolted...

Oh, and having tried both HW and Tekin, my limited driving ability finds them equal over the race distance (12th and six-minute-GT10) with the HW having better throttle feel and costing half the price. You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Woffle over!!
I would gladly drive "crap cars and ride crappy motorcycles, if it meant I could still buy an "american" car. that little man from texas with the big ears had it right...."free trade = giant sucking sound"

Originally Posted by rccartips
I might be wrong, but the original poster SAM-E might not even be from USA. Probably Australia? And I read Hobbywing is very popular over there.

Tekin killed the BD and other non-programmable escs via quality and pricing.

HW is now the new esc on the block. Quality at even better pricing.
the BD killed its own self with its more then twice the price of EVERYTHING on the market without being able to be upgraded.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

The full patent process takes 3-4 years.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just wanted to summarize feedback from those who have owned both HW and Tekin.

Originally Posted by hardmankam
I have both ESC's... here is what i have to say:
For value, best bang for the $ ... SP/HW ESC.
For super customer service/support ... Tekin RS/RSPro
Originally Posted by Matt_N
I own both these speedos, and currently have the Tekin sat in my pitbox It just seems flat and slow compared to the hobbywing.
Matt
Originally Posted by razzor
I run both Tekin and SP/HW and they are all exceptional esc's and have been using them for well over 2 years now.

...HW however is simply the best value for money and performance and actually opens ones eyes to the fact how other brands that manufacturer thier esc's in China make thier money with exhorbitant pricing but yet still dont have the quality and reliability of HW.
Originally Posted by Benzaah
I ran Tekin for a good 6 months when Vegas software came out before switching to Hobbywing and their 518 software and i have never looked back. No lap tops at the track and it has all the features and driveablilty of the Tekin if not more.
Originally Posted by VooDooPH
I have both Tekin and HW.
My Tekin is now my stand-by/back-up ESC while i have HW's mounted on my TC and 1/12.
Originally Posted by RC MARKET
two of best !
Tekin in Stock class & 12/1
Hobbywing in MOD class
Personally, I quit TC racing when my club started to run $250 escs with laptops. It became to expensive for me.

Hobbywing brought me back into TC racing.

Not a fanboy for Hobbywing. Just a fan of rc products that are high quality and cheap.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Which hobbywing esc is everyone talking about? Where is a good place to buy them? I want to get one to replace my cirtix.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by skypilot
I would gladly drive "crap cars and ride crappy motorcycles, if it meant I could still buy an "american" car. that little man from texas with the big ears had it right...."free trade = giant sucking sound"
Just because America has failed to get onto the free trade bandwagon is no reason to stop it. The Toyotas, Hondas and Nissans produced in America contain more American parts than those produced over here. If you decided to use all that oil and coal you are sitting on you could be independent, but the little man with the flappy ears had a father who decided not to do that! And it seems...

Originally Posted by rccartips
Not a fanboy for Hobbywing. Just a fan of rc products that are high quality and cheap.
...that most people are of the opinion that they want things that are high quality and cheap. Now, if America produced those products, wouldn't people buy them? Just a thought...

I ran my HW 1S 120A for the first time in anger this weekend, and I was impressed. It took some time to sort out the settings for my motor, but once I understood what did what, I was able to get a very good set up. Compared to my Tekin it has a better feel on the throttle, which I like. Other than that, it is heavier (but you don't need a booster or receiver battery,so slightly lighter overall) and it is bigger (but it still fits in a 12th car) and it seems to be just as fast. Since both these speed controllers are made outside the UK (see note above!! ) I can pay my money and take my choice.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Americas not on the free trade bandwagon....... ok if you say so

The little man I refer to was named Ross, not geo

For the other guy, Hobbywing was around when you quit.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Pick

I have both a Tekin Rs pro and Speedpassion GT 2.0 also Mamba max pro. The Tekin is now my backup . I just find it easier to find the fast setup with the lcd box. Mamba is not even in the mix.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by skypilot
Americas not on the free trade bandwagon....... ok if you say so

The little man I refer to was named Ross, not geo

For the other guy, Hobbywing was around when you quit.
Oh him, sorry, wrong ears!! The man who founded EDS, and made it profitable by using overseas programmers and software engineers in the UK, India and Pakistan, before he sold it for gazillions to GM, then started Perot Systems using exactly the same business model and then sold it for further gazillions to Dell.

The man who made something north of $8bn in less than 30 years by exporting hi-tech American jobs says that we shouldn't support free trade? Er... did I miss something here?

Sorry, not having a go at you, and typing all this with a smile on my face. In reality, the issue is not for politicians to decide, it is for us to decide. We buy the products and we elect the politicians!
Old 04-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
I thought Stuart (cherry2blost)from racers in exile and giant cod were giving you the service you require ?

More than adequate support Angelo. I think he's after more track presence and drivers. Which of course will follow once more people get beat by a hobbywing.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default how about service/support?

Long time ago, Tekin was known for slow & bad service / support.

The r/c manufactures today are better in support area in my opinion, has anyone had any experience with either Hobbywing or Tekin service dept recently?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.