Old 05-04-2004, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this one shows the rear of both chassis u can see an obvious difference
Attached Thumbnails check out this new tc3 conversion kit-r6.jpg  
Old 05-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

this one shows the demon on top of the freedom.. i used a rough red outline to show the differences to make it easier for u to see
Attached Thumbnails check out this new tc3 conversion kit-r5.jpg  
Old 05-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

this pic shows a stock tc3 on top of the freedom.. u can see it is much wider
Attached Thumbnails check out this new tc3 conversion kit-r3.jpg  
Old 05-04-2004, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

this pics shows the two chassis plates side by side... not only is the freedom longer, but it shares nothing exept for the fact the motor is on the left.. an thee has been many companies who have done it. the demon was not the first.. nor will it be the last
Attached Thumbnails check out this new tc3 conversion kit-r2.jpg  
Old 05-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

If we all say we believe you that it doesnt look like a warpspeed, will you please stop freaking out about it?

seriously, look a this, the last 8 (at the time I wrote this) posts in this thread are yours, frantically defending your design to all that may challenge it. Thats not the way to sell a product man. What does it matter if it looks like another chassis? You've more than shown that it isnt the same and has a lot of unique features, theres no reason to get all childish and throw a fit as soon as one or two people start to say something you dont like about your idea. Personally, though not really a TC3 fan, I think thats a great looking chassis and its definately got the potencial to be a great performer. So stop freaking out, its fine! The only thing your doing now is annoting people and hurting your business
Old 05-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

a wider chassis = more dragging in the corners in many cases
Old 05-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

i havent had any problems with any part of the chassis draging...

the chassis is only slightly wider on the sides. and the main spots it is wider will not touch the ground...the main wider parts are up front and in back.. it is wider to keep chassis flex down more..

S15Racer.... i did not post a frantic posts... i simply posted pictures or each part of the car... i have every right to defend this car.. i am not geeking out.. i simly showed comparison photos so people could really see it in a close up matter... thats all..rctech only allows one pic posted at a time so i had 6 pics i had to do so i did.....
Old 05-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

looks very good!! For all who say motor is on wrong side...NO...its on the right side!! Look at what side losi's is on, and isnt the tamiya car also the same way?
Old 05-05-2004, 01:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Note that im not saying theres anything wrong with this chassis, i have not driven one and certainly dont know enough to judge.
but wont putting the motor on the left side introduce torque steer? heres what i think , the chassis rotates on an axis when the sus. works (viewed from either end of the car) and the left/right sides are kind of like a see saw. torque from motor is delivered to the right under hard accel., wont it seem more likely to torque steer?
Just seeking opinions
Old 05-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

i havent said it yet because it wasnt for sure yet,,, but we will be adding more slots to the chassis.. it will have 7 slots on each side... and the motor mount will be able to be moved to the right or left depending on what your desire is...... with the addition of this setup it will have infinite battery adjust ment... and u can tune if for any track..
wioth the added slots it is not going to make it less strong either.. it will actually work better due to the fact the motor cutout is as big as 3 slots.. at least with the slots there will be cross bracing... the motor mount and center shaft mount look really killer.. he has tested it and it worked well. so this is the way it will be.. i will post pics as soon as the chassis and mounts are done...

and the best part of ther whole thing.. is the chassis will be a mirrior image on both sides .. so it will have the most equal balance of stiffness and flex on both sides...

Last edited by burbs; 05-05-2004 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Originally posted by burbs
for all who think this looks like a demon take a look at the link priovided... it has pics of both and side notes to point out some things...

i just noticed by the way

i put a demon chassis on a stock tub tc3 chassis and it is an exact match.. all outlines are the same... but when i put mine agianst the stock tub... it was different...

so since the freedom is a demon knock off then the demon must be a stock tc3 knock off???? .. u should look at things more closely before u make claims or judjments..if u still cant see the differences then your comment is 100% biased because u either have some claims to warpspeed. or u just like being that way...

check out the link.. it shows more upclose pics so u can really see it is different...

http://www.geocities.com/xsiverc/dem...?1083704746265

link is down for a while i posted pics below as attachments

yup!! its a nice link.. shows the differences of both chassis...
Old 05-05-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally posted by Brandon R
looks very good!! For all who say motor is on wrong side...NO...its on the right side!! Look at what side losi's is on, and isnt the tamiya car also the same way?

Ummm.. if the losi's motor was on the right the car would run backwards.
Old 05-05-2004, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

he means right side as in they made the right choice to put it on the left.. not that it was actually on the right side
Old 05-05-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Brandon R
Techincally, the motor is on the "wrong side"
losi'sw belt and tamiya is belt (unless you are talking abou tolder tamiya shafts

Shaft cars need the motor to be on the left side to help the torquesteering
Old 05-05-2004, 06:34 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Closed by request. Thanks.