Ce Pitbull X3

Old 04-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

Default Ce Pitbull X3

Has anyone seen this new charger from Competition Electronics? Where and when will it be available? Any info will be much appreciated.

Thanx
Old 04-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

They are shipping now...I have one comming in next week. From people that have them already say they are a very good charger and a step up on the old one. I cant wait to get mine I will let you know once I get it how it works out.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default And the new CE power supply

CE also has started offering a new compact 23 amp power supply (based on the #1223 by Samlex). Just ordered one directly from their website for $99 plus shipping. This is the only way they are selling these.
Old 04-09-2004, 03:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default hahaha

- sorry, managed to pot in the wrong bit, please ignore this post-
Old 04-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

PITBULL X3

Available now!

* Now with multiple rate charge mode to customize your charge profile and get maximum performance from your packs.

* 5 setups that you can name to charge all kinds of NiMh & NiCd battery packs.

* Backlit display monitors Mah, volts and amps. Preprogrammed for use with common battery types.

Competition grade charger for all NiCd or NiMh cells.

Peak detection linear charging from .15 to 7 amps and 4 to 7 cell packs.

Backlit 32 character displays a built in volt meter ammeter and Mah.

Shows cell data including time and milliwatt hour values.

Over 20 selectable sounds.

Selectable long lockout for 10 minutes of charge without peak detection.

Selectable trickle after charge.

Settable peak detect range .012 volts to .192 volts.

NEW FEATURES INCLUDE:

5 charge setups that you can name with up to 8 characters each for charging all 4-8 cell NiCd and NiMh packs.

Multiple rate charge mode to customize your charge profile by setting up to 3 different amp rates at selected points during a charge. Trickle charge at the beginning to stabilize the voltage if you dead short your packs. Lower the rate for the last part of the charge for a cooler final temp. or raise the rate for the last part of the charge for higher voltage and initial punch.

Display shows mah output to battery pack as it’s charging

Old 04-09-2004, 05:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I just read the pitbull instructions, and I STILL don't know how the triple charge rate is beneficial....Anyone care to explain?
Old 04-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

does it still not discharge?
Old 04-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

I don't think it discharge, if it does....it defeats the purpose of the TurboCharger line of products.....C E will not do that to themself. Correct me if Iam wrong.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

No motor-run Feature
Old 04-10-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by RCBuddha
I just read the pitbull instructions, and I STILL don't know how the triple charge rate is beneficial....Anyone care to explain?
Iam not sure either, but sounds like the same one as that of a ROBITRONICS chargers. It will start with a very high amps then after awhile will switch down to lower amps for longer run time and towards the end of the charge will boost it up. I have yet to get to the robitronics website & verify this. I think Pro-Track chargers have the same features as well.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

I have one of the very first ones. It's a great second charger in pits. It has a very small foot print. Doesn't take up alot of pit space.
As for 3 phase charge mode. CE site has a recomended charge up. Start first phase with trickle mode. Which is for people that are dead shorting cells. Second phase pick a high rate charge amperage. Then finish with a lower charge rate. Because Nimh cells heat up real fast at peak voltage. I don't dead short cells. So I start with high charge rate on first phase.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Initiate

You can program the parameters for all 3 charge rates.You could start at 6 amps,go down to 5 and finish at 7 if you want.Your not limited at all.I think this is an awsome feature.
Old 04-11-2004, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

I have placed an order on-line. Will report as soon as I get mine. Hopefully before the ARCOR Tn State race on 17th April
Old 04-11-2004, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by True R/C Racing
No motor-run Feature
for its price what do you expect

if you want all the features then you need to pay the money and get the GFX, or if you don't really care about perfornance you can get the CDC which does everything but not good at all in any of those "features"
Old 04-11-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Just ordered mine also...I dont need a motor run in feature either.My t35 stealth is for that.Nice to have a matching charger instead of my milleniums.Time to sell those.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.