Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC >

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Old 10-20-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

For those that don't know. When using the novak booster the car will shut down as described as the booster has a built in low voltage shut off. There is a mod you can do to the booster that will fix the issue. Do a search for it. Its simple. And yea 4.8 volts will be faster then 3.7
Old 10-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PizzaDude
Anyone else has the brake problem.
It will brake....eventually.
First it takes approx 1.5s full brake to actually start braking.

Did the tx-setup a few times, tried different expo settings or epa settings, but all ended with the sam delay. Which is a pain in the @ss.

Anyone knows how to solve this?
Do you have the hand held program box? The default setting for the brakes is 50% which is very light. I have found that the 100% is much better, still soft, but much more to my liking.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:59 AM
V12
Tech Elite

My Cirtix (newest version) came with 100% brake from factory. Also reducing brakepower has nothing to do with introducing a large delay usually.

This delay at the brake as described by pizzadude is also with my Cirtix when running sensorless mode but not when running sensored. So maybe the sensorwire is broken.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
I'm considering the Cirtix speedo for VTA? Is this a legal speedo in combination with the Novak balistic motors? I've read some things about the sensors going out? Is this with the motor or speedo? I guess I need to know if the speedo is rock solid. I have a Tekin RS, but I guess it's illegal.
according to the 9/1/2010 rules, the speedo is allowed for USVTA events...your track may still allow the tekins (I know we allow them at my track)

but i picked up one of these for USVTA and it seems to work perfectly with my ballastic 21.5 (haven't switched to 25.5 yet)...Waiting for the next event to see how it stacks up against the other no-timing speedos at our track
Old 10-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default Need a little help with this ESC/Motor

Hey guys, just bought a speed passion cirtix stock club race ESC and 17.5 motor from a user on here. When I installed it into my Tamiya today, I set up my radio to it and it seems like the throttle has no response. I have response to the steering, but no motor action. This is not the first esc I set up. I even went to speed passion's website and looked at the videos, just in case I was following the directions wrong on the manual. Checked and all the wires are where they are supposed to be, the sensor cable is plugged in, etc. I am using a Airtronics controller and receiver.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by DuckStang
Hey guys, just bought a speed passion cirtix stock club race ESC and 17.5 motor from a user on here. When I installed it into my Tamiya today, I set up my radio to it and it seems like the throttle has no response. I have response to the steering, but no motor action. This is not the first esc I set up. I even went to speed passion's website and looked at the videos, just in case I was following the directions wrong on the manual. Checked and all the wires are where they are supposed to be, the sensor cable is plugged in, etc. I am using a Airtronics controller and receiver.
Do you have another motor to try with the ESC? That way we can tell which has the problem first off.

One thing I have to ask is: Are your throttle settings maybe "reversed"?
Old 10-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Do you have another motor to try with the ESC? That way we can tell which has the problem first off.

One thing I have to ask is: Are your throttle settings maybe "reversed"?

GOT IT.....Followed wire that plugs into the received from the esc, looks like the signal wire got pinched when the motor was shipped. Wired in a new pigtail off of a old servo I had, everything works one thousand percent.....Now i just have to find a empty parking lot
Old 10-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

Friggin great. Why didn't anyone tell me that X patterns cause black marks on white carpet??? Now I am out on my way to a 24/7 pharmacy for some carpet cleaner. I am probably sleeping on the couch and not getting any till next year.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Wink

Friggin great. Why didn't anyone tell me that X patterns cause black marks on white carpet??? Now I am out on my way to a 24/7 pharmacy for some carpet cleaner. I am probably sleeping on the couch and not getting any till next year.
Thought you gonna find an empty parking lot now it is your fault lol good luck scrubbin carpet
Old 10-25-2010, 10:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Technique550
Thought you gonna find an empty parking lot now it is your fault lol good luck scrubbin carpet
I just HAD to try it....just had to...
Old 10-26-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

may I suggest the garage or the street for your next test. too funny
Old 10-26-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz406
may I suggest the garage or the street for your next test. too funny
That is funny!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

As promised....I did build my Gen X with the 2S club spec along with the TQ BOOSTER (Thank you TQ BOOSTER for sending us sample for testing) installed and displayed that @ I-Hobby Expo 2010 in Chicago. Also displayed the USVTA edition of club spec ESC which got sold out almost everywhere....

It attracted alot of ppl asking about this low-cost speedo on 12th scale running with 13.5 motor setup, they are very much interested expecially when they know the cost of the whole combination (with the V2 motor of course). I just need to confirm it myself with real testing on carpet track to make sure the TQ booster does work with our 2S club spec unit. I will schedule myself to do this setup with our drivers here in Chicago.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default 2.0 motor issue

I purchased the cirtix combo with the 2.0 17.5. It was working fine and I decided to move the motor to my ff03 from my 4wd car. My main issue is the motor no longer responds properly. When I pull throttle it will stutter and the rotor will shake but not run. The only different I did was change the sensor wire to the longer one. When I disconnect the wire it runs again but it does not sound as powerful. Any ideas? What is the proper way of opening up the motor to inspect and clean?
Old 10-27-2010, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by izzyracer
I purchased the cirtix combo with the 2.0 17.5. It was working fine and I decided to move the motor to my ff03 from my 4wd car. My main issue is the motor no longer responds properly. When I pull throttle it will stutter and the rotor will shake but not run. The only different I did was change the sensor wire to the longer one. When I disconnect the wire it runs again but it does not sound as powerful. Any ideas? What is the proper way of opening up the motor to inspect and clean?
Izzy.
It isnt a dirty motor, you gotta recheck that the sensor wire is plugged in right...if it is a little loose, it wont work. It is very sensitive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.