Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trdsupra88
Hey guys, I had a chance to race mine Friday night and it is a very smooth and linear combo. I had my car geared at a 3.8 and found temps around 180f, track temps were 130f and air temp was 109f at the start and dropped to 95 by the end of the night. I would recommend this system for a club as it has been reliable and efficient for me for app.25 packs...
ambient 109? 95deg at night? damn, where do run at?
Old 07-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

We had a guy test out the cirtix with the 17.5 non boosted class at the last race. He tried different gearing from 4.0 to 3.0. But he was still about a second slower than the guys running havoc, BMC 1.0, etc. Those esc has no boost built in, so we suspect the motors has some more timing than the cirtix one. Question is, is it supposed to be that slow?
Old 07-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redbones
ambient 109? 95deg at night? damn, where do run at?
Vegas...
Originally Posted by inpuressa
We had a guy test out the cirtix with the 17.5 non boosted class at the last race. He tried different gearing from 4.0 to 3.0. But he was still about a second slower than the guys running havoc, BMC 1.0, etc. Those esc has no boost built in, so we suspect the motors has some more timing than the cirtix one. Question is, is it supposed to be that slow?
Mine was around 2 seconds slower than the sedan class that was running 17.5s and sorex's...It seems a little slow but is very smooth and it wouldnt matter if everyone ran them...
Old 07-14-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yap they are slow but thats why they call it SPEC racing.... If everyone use the same motor it should even out the field but if you are running on a small track it shouldn't be a problem. I have run mine against boosted ESC on a small track and suprisingly I actually won you just have to be consistent.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
you just have to be consistent.
No, No, NO. This will not do. Turboand massive timing are essential. We must have something to make up for bad driving skills. It's just not fair otherwise, people that practice and don't make errors will keep winning.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

locally, I tried to make the point that turning off the timing or running a spec esc, is meaningess unless you spec the motor too, the cirtix motor has zero timing, the ballistic, 30, the lrp 45, the whatever 55, (those numbers aren't exact, just used as an example) some have figured this out and are taking advantage of it.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

just browsing and speedtech has them in stock!

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...il.asp?id=9620
Old 07-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
just browsing and speedtech has them in stock!

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...il.asp?id=9620
all sold out already? hopefully he will bring some tomorrow at cal.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

You would think that the likes of Novak, Tekin, Epic, Reedy, etc would take notice of how well these Cirtix Stock Club combos are selling and come out with there own versions at the same price point. I mean that Speedtech, and TQ Racing can't keep them in stock because they no sooner get them in than they are sold out again! It is so painfully obvious that there is a HUGE and I mean HUGE market for a $70-80 spec brushless esc/motor combo, especially in this lousy economy; yet it seems that those other companies are too arrogant to step up to the plate and offer their own low cost spec version.

It amazes me that they just don't seem to get it, or should I say care!

Kudos to Speed Passion for thinking of the average "Joe" and producing an excellent product at an affordable price. They deserve to profit from this!

Keep it up Speed Passion!! I know that personally I won't be buying ANY of the competitions products!
Old 07-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Speedtech, TQ and SOcal-RC are current dealers on this. Speedworld and Ultimate Hobbies will be carrying them soon as well. Theya re a great product and pretty much is taking over the racing classes here in Oc Circuit's races. It will be interesting to see how this year turns up.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
You would think that the likes of Novak, Tekin, Epic, Reedy, etc would take notice of how well these Cirtix Stock Club combos are selling and come out with there own versions at the same price point. I mean that Speedtech, and TQ Racing can't keep them in stock because they no sooner get them in than they are sold out again! It is so painfully obvious that there is a HUGE and I mean HUGE market for a $70-80 spec brushless esc/motor combo, especially in this lousy economy; yet it seems that those other companies are too arrogant to step up to the plate and offer their own low cost spec version.

Kudos to Speed Passion for thinking of the average "Joe" and producing an excellent product at an affordable price. They deserve to profit from this!

Keep it up Speed Passion!! I know that personally I won't be buying ANY of the competitions products!
Is it possible that it is too late? If novak, LRP, Tekin etc were to come out with these systems it seems that it would be impossible to match the speed so one system will always be faster and the likely case is that tekin and lrp would be faster than novak and sp...we shall see
Old 07-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus

maybe, like when the BD esc came out they all got caught with there pants down, this was a total WTH and it takes more then 5 weeks to find a new belt and come up with a new product line at a cheap price so that you can compete. but thats just a guess.

(editoral)
don't think its because they are arrogant, and so what if they are, you bought a SP unit, can't expect you to go out and buy one of everyones new spec stuff and try and figure out which one is fastest and give you the advantage over the rest of the field, which is going to cost EVERYONE more money and time and then the new threads popping up, "which one is better" maybe thier just going to give this part of the market to SP and save everyone money in the long run. again, just guessing
Old 07-17-2010, 12:56 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
maybe, like when the BD esc came out they all got caught with there pants down, this was a total WTH and it takes more then 5 weeks to find a new belt and come up with a new product line at a cheap price so that you can compete. but thats just a guess.

(editoral)
don't think its because they are arrogant, and so what if they are, you bought a SP unit, can't expect you to go out and buy one of everyones new spec stuff and try and figure out which one is fastest and give you the advantage over the rest of the field, which is going to cost EVERYONE more money and time and then the new threads popping up, "which one is better" maybe thier just going to give this part of the market to SP and save everyone money in the long run. again, just guessing
Today spec esc and zero timming 17.5 motor for sportman ..Tomorrow.The sportman class will be booths timming esc 21.5 ....
Wouldn't be cheaper just buy the 21.5 motor and keep the esc the same ... More speedo to buy and more esc will get obsolete...
Old 07-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by OVA
Today spec esc and zero timming 17.5 motor for sportman ..Tomorrow.The sportman class will be booths timming esc 21.5 ....
Wouldn't be cheaper just buy the 21.5 motor and keep the esc the same ... More speedo to buy and more esc will get obsolete...
We can turn the coin on this as well...
"Why buy a 21.5 when EVERYONE already has a 17.5 and doesn't want to buy a boosted esc?" The cost of a 21.5(average $85), woudln't the better value be the Cirtix Spec System(motor/esc) for $79.99(Speedtech Price)?
New 21.5motor=$85
New Cirtix 17.5 Motor AND ESC=$79.99
I think Cirtix is still CHEAPER.

Just playing devil's advocate.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Guys- I have some of these systems (6) in stock same price. PM me if interested.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.