For Macus.J

Old 05-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs down For Macus.J

Marcus, I think you are banning the wrong people, the problem with the Tekin beater thread was not with lmb the starter, it was with the people abusing him for even mentioning it.

The derogatory comments were from other members and not from lmb, you should give 60 day bans to all the retaliators who abused him.

Factory
Old 05-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Might I suggest using Private Messaging for such dialog with a moderator. A much more effect way to reach them and express concerns.

That said, I do agree the Tekin fanboys are a bit out of control at times spoiling other threads.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Fanboys:

I agree, the moderator is only doing his job, the thread was a little obtuse and mayb he couldnt contain his excitement? regardless there will be fanboys where ever.

Support the moderators, dont slate them! afterall i doubt they get paid to listen to everyones sh*t all day, provoking issues and fringing on the edge of being annoying for the sake of it.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geubes
Fanboys:

I agree, the moderator is only doing his job, the thread was a little obtuse and mayb he couldnt contain his excitement? regardless there will be fanboys where ever.

Support the moderators, dont slate them! afterall i doubt they get paid to listen to everyones sh*t all day, provoking issues and fringing on the edge of being annoying for the sake of it.
Support moderators for the sake of? You mean to tell me that if you disagree with someone, you HAVE to agree with them just because? Come on man, have some minerals. Sometimes moderators walk outside the boundaries of their authority. This will only push people away from RC Tech.

It's their choice to "not get paid". If they don't want to moderate, others will step in. If they are "annoyed", they can choose not to moderate. It's not rocket science.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by or8ital
Might I suggest using Private Messaging for such dialog with a moderator. A much more effect way to reach them and express concerns.

That said, I do agree the Tekin fanboys are a bit out of control at times spoiling other threads.
I would if I thought my comments were only for his eyes!!! but they were for everyone, fanboys, brand pimps whatever you call them have no place on rctech for me.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Might want to watch it you guys might get banned just for speaking up on this matter. Amazing how when you open your mouth about something and the person in authority does not like it, its hey I WILL BAN FOR 30 DAYS comes out and you don't see it being done through pm but right on the board.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfiantii
Might want to watch it you guys might get banned just for speaking up on this matter. Amazing how when you open your mouth about something and the person in authority does not like it, its hey I WILL BAN FOR 30 DAYS comes out and you don't see it being done through pm but right on the board.
I understand the need to control what goes on here, but constant threats of bans are no way to run this board in the case of a difference of opinion. Idiots are a different story
Old 05-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
I understand the need to control what goes on here, but constant threats of bans are no way to run this board in the case of a difference of opinion. Idiots are a different story
Well put. Couldn't agree more.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

There hasn't been constant threats of bans on this forum. This is the first instance I have seen in the open.
I think the real problem, is that the thread was put up for the specific purpose of starting a bun-fight.
I have not seen ONE thread started by someone supporting Tekin, or any other esc, saying "now we have the best, ha ha". There is heaps of talk IN the Tekin thread, but that's the right place for it. Just the same as people using Tekin don't go into the SP thread and say "sorry about your SP, Tekin are the best".
There may be isolated instances, but I hope you get the gist of my comments.
I have no problem with the mods and what they do here. 99% of the contributers to this forum keep it clean, and don't get thumped. If you want to stir, expect to get knocked back now and then!
Old 05-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I see this thread going places....
Old 05-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i think this has been a waste of band width. the users were warned, and they did not listen.....deal with the consequences.

thank you to the users who stood up for the moderators, and shame on the users who did not. because without the work of the few mods on this site, it would not be what it is today.

thread locked