R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   TC3 Cooling fan (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/39514-tc3-cooling-fan.html)

Fusedbrain 04-29-2004 04:11 PM

TC3 Cooling fan

Hi there,

I just bought some 2 inch dc fans. My intent is to mount one so that it cools my motor. I've seen a guy at the track that did this but he didn't have enough room to also put on the motor heatsink.

What I would like to do is mount the fan so that I can still use the heatsink. Could anybody send me a pic of there set up or simply post it in this thread. I know I could buy a heatsink fan combo but I like doing things myself.

Eric.

etzkev 04-29-2004 04:22 PM

Check on the tc3 forum. There has been alot of talk about fans on the car lately. There are many people that can post pics and help you out there.

Fusedbrain 04-29-2004 06:57 PM

There probably is something about that in the TC3 thread, but there is no way of searching a particular thread. You can only search the general threads.

If you have pics or info please post it.

Eric.

Fusedbrain 04-29-2004 07:58 PM

ttt

burbs 04-29-2004 10:46 PM

make sure u check how many amps your fans pull.. if they pull to many it will rob u of bettery power.. the new associated 1 inch fans are like ,5 of an amp..

johnbull 04-30-2004 01:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Have a look at the way I mounted mine.

If you prefer to keep the heastsink there's still plenty of space.

Get a 4 x 4 cm 5 volt fan if you can. It fits perfectly. Mine is held on with 1 x 3mm screw.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.

MR JOLLY 04-30-2004 02:55 AM

JOE
did you sort out that anti-squat problem with atlas copco:lol: :lol:
what was it! a japanese anti-squatting device for the ladies?
hope you relise i got told of from admin on rcrace for putting to many funnies on there,TWATS?
sorry for going of topic:)

johnbull 04-30-2004 03:38 AM

JOLLY, Greetings from Malta.

I have actually given a proper technical explanation too. My first comment was just a bit of humour, which evidently isn't always welcome!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.

Cole Trickle 04-30-2004 04:23 AM

Originally posted by Fusedbrain
There probably is something about that in the TC3 thread, but there is no way of searching a particular thread. You can only search the general threads.

If you have pics or info please post it.

Eric.

If you go to the search function, there's a choise of showing results ad threads or as posts. Often it helps, but from time to time, it can still be hard to find things :nod:

wolfeman09 04-30-2004 06:59 AM

JohnBull > I have a couple of questions for you on your car.

First off, what motor mount is that? That looks pretty trick.
Secondly, where did you get the front bumper mount to hold down the bumper from? That is trick as well.

Thanks...

X2 04-30-2004 07:16 AM

I think thats a normall associated TC3 plastic bumper (the bit on the bottom) thats been modifeid. Notice the camber locations too, they look cool. Ive seen people cut down their motorclamps to remove the heatsink and give the motor a better airflow, this could be the case here.
Could be wrong tho . :)

johnbull 04-30-2004 10:00 AM

Hi friends. Greetings from Malta.

FRONT BUMPER>

All I have done is fitted the bottom bit on top too so that they sandwich the foam and keep it rigid. It saves on bodyshells, and also on wishbones.

MOTOR CLAMP>

This is a Fastrax item, or I should say part of a Fastrax item. It is the Fastrax heatsink. It comes in 2 parts, the clamp and the heatsink. I have deliberately not used the heatsink preferring to channel the hot air out of the way rather than let it stay in the heatsink. That's the whole idea of the fan.

Other than that I don't think there are many other trick bits. Drive shafts are Corally Assassin. These have plastic blade ends which do not damage the alloy IRS diffs. Especially good with the spool up front.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.

wolfeman09 05-01-2004 08:34 AM

John > Thankyou for your response. I was looking for Fastrax website, do you have it?

All I found is this, is the right company?

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/fast_tc.htm

Thanks...

Fusedbrain 05-01-2004 09:01 AM

ttt