R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-28-2004, 01:45 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic
Send a message via AIM to Cardboard
Default is deep discharging recommended for stock racing?

i just got my octane 2 discharger and i was reading the FAQs on integy's site. it says that leaving a pack on it for 6-7 days will increase voltage and lower ir. the batteries are sanyo 2400's and i'm running stock. would you recommend doing this?
Cardboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:02 PM   #2
Tech Master
Send a message via AIM to rod_b

I've always had good luck with leaving my batts on my Octane2 when I was running 2400s. I would recommend it.
rod_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:34 PM   #3
Tech Master
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

it has nothing to do with what class u race.. it has to do with battery care... all nicads and nimh packs seem to have better voltage and last longer doing the discharging...

stock motors like more voltage.. in stock run time is not a factor..

it is also good to do your packs the same every time.. to insure there performance as long as posible..

u do not need to leave the pack on for 6-7 days.. that is more of a ploy to get u to by one for every pack u own... get a voltmeter.. hook it to the pos and negative of the pack.. keep the pack on it until u notice the voltage does not go down anymore. then it is safe to take it off.. even when the lights go out there is styill a good amount of voltage in the pack.. thats why the voltmeter is good.. so u know for sure it is the same every time..

if u have a turbo 30 battery charger just hook the small voltage reader leads up to the pack and it will read just like a voltmeter... but a meter is better, because if u are charging u cant use the leads from the charger..
HERE IS MY TRADER FEEDBACK ON HOBBYTALK. http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/itrader.php?u=8257
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 08:16 PM   #4
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Cardboard - I still run 2400's and they work great, as long as you keep them dumped for the 6 days between races they just get better and better. You don't have to spend alot, I've been using the below for a long time now, just dump out/equalize your pack completely and then solder or plug one of these on. Very simple to use and if you've already equalized your pack it will just keep the voltage from jumping back up.

fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 05:08 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Wow, they still make those.
Chill Will is offline   Reply With Quote