R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-18-2010, 11:53 AM   #16
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's good information. The HPI rally bodies were really cool. Not as realistic, but very aggressive. I think the newer Impreza WRC body (2004 model) was available in 190mm as well.

Upon further research, the TB01 is actually 180mm wide, which would explain why the HPI body looks a bit goofy. If I decide to run the TCS series, I think I'll get some of the Ferrari Enzo or FXX wheels, which are +4mm offset to bring out the width to fit the body.

In other news, I got to drive the car at a practice day for one of the local clubs ( www.drcrc.ca). Everything went well, and the car drove amazingly neutral. Soft springs would do that, I suppose. The gearing I set up as a starting point (24T pinion, 58T spur) is still a bit short for a track, I think I'll swap out to the smaller spur (55T). Even still, I was impressed with how it drove.

Stay tuned for any updates. Once I get some free cash, I hope to get the body and wheels/tires to complete the project.
:: Tamiya TA05 MS :: Tamiya TB04 Pro II/Exotek EXO6 :: Tamiya M05V2 :: Losi XX :: Tamiya TB01 :: Tamiya XV-01 Rally ::
ErikO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #17
Tech Apprentice

Sorry for bringing back an old thread. I'm just starting to the tear down of my old TB01 and came across this thread. Any updates on this car? I have to deal with a lot of sloppiness on the front end of mine.
Traxxas Slash - 4x4 SCT
TLR 22 - Stock Buggy
SCX Rubicon - JeepSpeed Project
JeepSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote

build, rally, tamiya, tb01