Community
Wiki Posts
Search

68 mph micro

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

ajg:-

Until we see some sort of proof your car has reached those kind of speeds, no one's gonna believe you.

You keep saying your car will do all these speeds, but what proof do you actually have? None. You say you won't buy a speed meter, why? Because it will prove to you how fast it really is?

A video is no good. If I drove my Evo 3 outside my house with a 10T motor in it would look quick.

We need some sort of solid proof, speed camera readings and suchlike.

You say you've had accidents at over 50mph, with a carbon chassis - it'll snap. Alloy parts WILL bend.

I race 12th scale, since they're only 4 cell, even the ones with 9T motors in are NO QUICKER than a 1/10th Mod touring car. Why? Because of the lower voltage.

You can't go making claims like that without some solid proof, and IMHO, you talk out of your ar$e and when someone queries your "top speed" you insult them. I am awaiting your insult aimed at me, it will certainly give me something to laugh at, in an otherwise boring day!

Liam
Old 07-07-2004, 06:58 AM
ajg

Originally posted by Liam_Davies
ajg:-

Until we see some sort of proof your car has reached those kind of speeds, no one's gonna believe you.

You keep saying your car will do all these speeds, but what proof do you actually have? None. You say you won't buy a speed meter, why? Because it will prove to you how fast it really is?

A video is no good. If I drove my Evo 3 outside my house with a 10T motor in it would look quick.

We need some sort of solid proof, speed camera readings and suchlike.

You say you've had accidents at over 50mph, with a carbon chassis - it'll snap. Alloy parts WILL bend.

I race 12th scale, since they're only 4 cell, even the ones with 9T motors in are NO QUICKER than a 1/10th Mod touring car. Why? Because of the lower voltage.

You can't go making claims like that without some solid proof, and IMHO, you talk out of your ar$e and when someone queries your "top speed" you insult them. I am awaiting your insult aimed at me, it will certainly give me something to laugh at, in an otherwise boring day!

Liam
You have no clue what your even talking about. I gave you proof. The reason I won't buy a speed meter, is because I can't. I don't have money for one of those right now.

A carbon fiber chassis won't break, and it didn't. You guys didn't see the wreck, so you wouldn't know how bad it was. The curb could of been made of jello and you guys would still think it would break.

About the 12th scale thing you stated. Lets hope you know that, because I think everyone does.

People asked for a video, so I gave them a video, and you guys want more. Why? Because you don't believe that someone has a faster car than you?

Also, there queries about my top speed are always wrong.

How bout you all pitch in and buy me a speed meter. That would solve all your problems.

Old 07-07-2004, 07:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Liam_Davies

At the Roar Nats last year here In North Carolina the fastest 12th scale mod car ran 48mph down a 213ft straight. It could have gone faster, but those things flew straight up if they even hit the smallest debris or pebble.

Ajg, it's cool if your car can do 70+mph. I have seen some strange things with this hobby. I haven't seen a micro go that fast in person, but it surely isn't impossible. Most guys want to see it for their own eyes before they believe it. I have made a 12th scale with 4 cells go 73mph before and no one believed me until I showed them that it could be done. The car was unstable and flew through the air very easily. I had my buddy that was a cop come by with a radar gun and he clocked it in front of many people. This was 6 years ago.

If you can, get some good video of this thing flying around and let's see what it can do.

Tim
Old 07-07-2004, 07:10 AM
ajg

Originally posted by onnetz
I just watched the vid..
also noticed its at 15 fps...
realtime is about 26 fps..
That would mean it's going slower. Actually, that's what rate my camera takes videos. I think you hurt my camera's feelings.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:24 AM
ajg

Originally posted by Tim Stamper
At the Roar Nats last year here In North Carolina the fastest 12th scale mod car ran 48mph down a 213ft straight. It could have gone faster, but those things flew straight up if they even hit the smallest debris or pebble.

Ajg, it's cool if your car can do 70+mph. I have seen some strange things with this hobby. I haven't seen a micro go that fast in person, but it surely isn't impossible. Most guys want to see it for their own eyes before they believe it. I have made a 12th scale with 4 cells go 73mph before and no one believed me until I showed them that it could be done. The car was unstable and flew through the air very easily. I had my buddy that was a cop come by with a radar gun and he clocked it in front of many people. This was 6 years ago.

If you can, get some good video of this thing flying around and let's see what it can do.

Tim
I'll have to find a nice, big parking lot. Too bad the bmw dealer ripped up their parking lot to put in a building for the mini coopers, or I would drive it there.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:16 AM
ajg

Man, I can't stop. Just bought a speed meter thing.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This thread is hilarious. I got my 415 to go 146mph the other day.

Have a look at the pick and you'll see how I did it
Attached Thumbnails 68 mph micro-146.jpg  
Old 07-07-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

I hope that you were not doing that on a public street, because that most definitely is not a laughing matter!
Old 07-07-2004, 09:02 AM
ajg

Originally posted by rtypec
This thread is hilarious. I got my 415 to go 146mph the other day.

Have a look at the pick and you'll see how I did it
What kind of AMG? My bro's supercharged m3 has got pretty high.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There are safe places where you can hit speeds like that. When I went on a run with mbworld a long while back, there were definately times where you can let the car stretch its legs. ajg, it's an E55. Also, try to get some verified speed runs in with you're micro. I don't doubt that it is fast, but a lot of people here need to see it to believe it. Going the speeds that you claim can be hard to do.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Even I would like to see if his car is as fast as he claims. I want to see it radared though
Old 07-07-2004, 09:31 AM
ajg

I love E55's. Is it a new one?

Also, Intelligentsia: I probably won't get a chance to radar it.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:35 PM
ajg

Do any of you guys have ideas for were I should put the magnet for the sensor? I think I might put it on the rear diff or spur gear.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:51 PM
ajg

Posting to see if my new sig worked.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:20 PM
ajg

Brushes: If my brushes on my motor are black on the part that touches the comm, but are the same length as they were new, is that bad?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.