Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
What is the most bulletproof trouble free TC? >

What is the most bulletproof trouble free TC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: What is the most trouble free bullet proof TC?
TC3
8.60%
MR4TC (Belt Drive)
0.54%
MR4TC SD
4.30%
XXX-S
13.44%
X-Ray
48.39%
Corally Assassin
1.61%
Tamiya TRF series
10.22%
Alex Barracuda
6.45%
Latest HPI
2.69%
Latest Schumacher
3.76%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

What is the most bulletproof trouble free TC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
A shaft driven xray would sell like hotcakes. There should be a Xray SD rumor thread instead of yet another tc4 speculation.
Seriously. I'm tired of seeing 'New TC4' or 'Coming soon, TC3.5'. It ain't happinin'. We need to tell futreal to put those posts next to the lockness monster and big foot sightings forums.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Xray gets my vote, if you can race clean though shouldnt break anything with any car. Been racing my tc3 at a very harsh track and im breaking things usually about every 2-3 weeks and its generally other drivers that are doing it Picked up a second hand xray that needs a bit of work then im going to run that and hopefully eliminate any breakages.

Last edited by berger; 04-26-2004 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Xray, i have taken some big hits, and there is minor to none damage. I have only broke the C-hubs and Steering Blocks twice, in the 3 months i have had it.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Xray

I have owned a TC3, Yok SD and Xray T1R. I have raced them all for at least 9 months and all have had wide front bumpers added. I have broken parts consistently on the TC3 and Yok but the Xray has been bullet proof. I broke my first c-hub in my last race. All it took was a corner marshall accidently falling and sitting on the front end to do it.

The Xray with pivot ball suspension is by far the strongest TC. If it was not so advanced to setup it would be the perfect beginner car. Expensive up front but you can save big $s on parts as you bounce off the walls.

Jeff
Old 04-27-2004, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
A shaft driven xray would sell like hotcakes. There should be a Xray SD rumor thread instead of yet another tc4 speculation.
I would buy one.

Right now I have an Yokomo SD. I haven't really broke anything. Now I have broken stuff but I have a TC3 BRP big bumper on it. Then also I stay away from boards. The car though is a breeze to work on for me at least. I have had an Xray and I did love it. Just taking out the diffs were like pulling teeth compared to two screw on my Yokomo. I have also owned a Losi, Tamiya 414M (still have it) and TC3.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Hmmm. I'm wondering why 14 voted for the TC3 as the most bulletproof car... I believe it's one of the most fragile cars, I've seen.... If we dont count in cheap sport kits...
Old 04-27-2004, 01:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Wow...47% for the Xray...

Old 04-27-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ya man, barely breaks.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:43 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Unreal!

47% in a 10 way poll is amazing. I am going to have to look into getting one of these.

Cmotif <><
Old 04-27-2004, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Yep

The company I have with 2 partners is the distributor for Xray in my country.
Believe me guys, in more than 1 year I've only seen 1 arm being replaced and it was because the shochk screw was ripped off the arm.
The owner changed the rear arm just to make sure the screw would not go out.

I've seen chassis breaks in T1R and T1 EVO2 but they were blasts at full speed due to loss of control. Straight to the wall.

I've had all the models since the 1st one and I have yet to break one part.
I replace bearings, C covers on the CVD's and that's about all.

Now you could say that there aren't many cars racing. That's not true, they are about 50% of the cars racing in our National Championship and the results are not bad either...

Have a look http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...&kategoria=330
Old 04-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

X-Ray is not the thoughest car, that is not true. I see regularly people breaking them, especially C-Hubs and rear shock towers. What was true for the pivot ball car is no longer with the plastic C-Hub version. It IS tough, but no the thoughest.

Having raced TRF 414's for more than 2 years, and partecipated to tamiya euro cup for the same time, I have to say the TRF series are very very durable. In 2 years, broke a front wishbone and an outdrive (in the same crash, wishbone broke and the dogbone took the delrin outdrive with it, what love can do ). The crash was just a car full speed hiitting my stopped car just on the worst position you can imagine for the wishbone. Hell it bent my Ti turnbuckle !

The Assassin is very fragile, especially the wishbones (why do you think they released alloy wishbones ? An error IMHO as instead of breaking they'll just bend).

The SD is better now with the upgraded parts, but not really tough, I'd say it's ok now.

The Mi 2 breaks wishbones easily, I saw it several times.

The pro4 is Ok, but still breaks wishbones, i just saw loads of them break.

Losi... Well I prefer not think about it, my mate just changed to an SD because he was fed up with repairing the car.

Can't really tell about the others, as they are not popular where I race, but my vote definately goes to Tamiya !
Old 05-02-2004, 12:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

For me it would be the TAO4 Pro BLUE COLLECTION. This could really stand a heated race competetion.
Old 05-02-2004, 01:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would say x-ray have the most votes cause they are the current "cult" car. They are fairly strong having had a head on in mod with one niether it nor my evo3 broke (and it was a hard hit).

On average i would say tamiyas are the most common strong car raced (excluding evo3 diffs) but they tend to tweak in crashes so not breaking is sometimes not much different.

I have run a barra a few times and it truly is bullet proof. I also have a atlas now and it is also something else... never breaks or tweaks.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Cool

I agree with wath Cobra81li200 stated previously. Co'z I have my 414 for 2 years and it doesn't give e any problem when it crash with other kit. It really a some sort of a TANK!

Anybody out there, who can say anything with the factory team tc3?. Thsi is my latest kit co'z I sold my 414 to my cousin due to financial needs..
Old 05-02-2004, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

XRAY !!!!

5 months with me!!!

Only thing broke was the rear arm.

Happen to got caught in one of the pipes.

And been playing almost every weekend and some weekdays.

Never miss on weekend.

Been in some frightening accidents with gas powered car. But my car came out in one piece.

Heehee