Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
SpeedMerchant Rev 6 >

SpeedMerchant Rev 6

SpeedMerchant Rev 6

Old 04-21-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default SpeedMerchant Rev 6

*** The new SpeedMerchant Rev.6 Debuts at the 2010 Asia Cup held at Yatabe Arena ***

A big congratulations goes out to RC House Champ - Team SpeedMerchant driver Kazuki Endo
for his 4th place finish at the 2010 Asian Cup On-Road Championships!

Kazuki Endo & Asia Cup Sponsor Teru from Xenon Racing

Our exclusive Japanese Importer, RC House Champ (http://www.rc-house-champ.com/) debuted the new Rev.6 to the World with a great performance under very tough circumstances. We'll have a full race report from Japan with pictures of the new Rev.6 on the site shortly.

The Rev.6 has been thru extensive testing for several months culminating in Donny Lia's TQ at the 2010 SnowBird Nationals over a star-studded International field!

Pictures, prices and part #'s for the Rev.6, the new World GT2, the final version of our new 235mm 7.4 chassis as well as a couple of surprises will all be updated very soon!

Have a great week & Happy Racing! - SpeedMerchant

http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp/showthread.php?t=50582
http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/news.html
Old 04-21-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Keep eye on this thread as we will be posting setups and tips as production kits are getting ready to hit shelves real soon I will post close up pics of 1st production car that Bruce and Myself built a few weeks ago. Lots of great changes. After all of our testing we have decided to stay away from pocket design. More info to come in next few days
Old 04-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sweeeeeet!
Old 04-21-2010, 04:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

This 1/12th scale car really gets me excited. Bruce has taken my favorite front and made it better. There is a new captured kingpin o-ring design which should benefit board slappers like myself. I expect some more great results for this car. Cannot wait....
Old 04-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

can't wait to see one in person. hopefully bruce has mine on the way.

congrats to our asian counterparts on their great finish
Old 04-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Things to note about the new Rev.6:

* New Formula 2 Front Suspension is 2.37mm wider, has carbon fiber O-ring retainers and mounts with 6 screws for added consistency and durability
* The Lipo battery is centered by four 4-40 aluminum nuts. This assures the battery doesn't move after a good hit and makes adjusting the battery for and aft much easier. The battery can move over .3" of an inch in either direction for added tuning. Although we were the 1st manufacturer to design a LiPo battery "pocket" into our Rev5L's, we found that having an adjustable weight balance to be more crucial to handling than a slightly lower CG, and making the pocket any larger would affect chassis dynamics too much.
* The rear pod has been widened and the motor has been moved to the diff side by 2.6mm. This centers the current brushless motors, and lets them just "drop" in and out for easy installs. There is also more room for the motor tabs for better/cleaner wiring.
* We have gone to Linear Tweak springs for superior performance. After extensive testing, we found the the new Lipo cars perform much better with a linear side springs. SpeedMerchant will have a full line of proprietary Linear Tweak springs available. These springs will be made out of the absolute highest quality Spring Steel for unparalleled performance and consistency.
* The rear body mounts have been moved "out and back" to work better with the new generation of high down force bodies such as ProtoForm's AMR-12.
* The Carbon Fiber side links will be available as an upgrade, and should also be available by the end of April.
* All SpeedMerchant kits now come with Xenon Spur Gears and AVID racing bearings.

That's a little run down of what's new and exciting on the Rev.6.

Last edited by JoelV; 04-21-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sounds great, can't wait to get mine!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

The car is awesome! A considerable amount of stability was added to the car without sacrificing any corner speed or steering at all. Mostly all of the changes were made to increase consistency and make it as easy to drive as possible. It will feel like a cadillac with the kit setup but be lightening fast at the same time.

I can't wait for it to get out there and see everyone's reaction when they drive it. A ton of testing has gone into it!!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The Rev6 sounds sweet.

12th scale is so ON these days
I like it
Old 04-22-2010, 03:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Smile ASIA CUP 2010 "Speedmerchant Rev.6 Debuit!"

Speedmerchant Rev.6 got the fourth place result with ASIA CUP 2010.

I thank Mr.Bruce Carbon which gave us this car Rev.6.
And I thank for all Speedmerchant Driver with Mr. Donny Lia which developed this car.

Rev.6 is the car which accomplished splendid evolution. The height of the performance to have of Rev.6 contributes to the fact that we Team Speedmerchant JAPAN is ASIA CUP 2010, and it was got the fourth place position.

I want to convey the splendor of this car.

SpeedMerchant Rev 6-dsc01406.jpg
Old 04-22-2010, 03:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Smile ASIA CUP 2010 "Rev.6" Endo's car.

This photograph is Rev.6 which ran of Kazuki Endo.

SpeedMerchant Rev 6-dsc01409.jpg
Old 04-22-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

This car is incredible! I have had the opportuninty to see it through most of its development. I cant wait to get mine as well. There is no doubt that this car will soon dominate at all of the big races.
See you all behind me and my Rev 6 on the track ;-)
Andrew
Old 04-22-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Yeah Baby!!........ Car looks awesome!!......... I likey!!
Old 04-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Very nice...Looks top notch as always.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Can you upgrade a 5L to 6 or will I have to buy a whole new kit? Either way I am getting one!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.