Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
SStampede's brushless motor into a stadium truck? >

SStampede's brushless motor into a stadium truck?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SStampede's brushless motor into a stadium truck?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default SStampede's brushless motor into a stadium truck?

This may sound like a dumb move but 2 years ago i got the castle sidewinder combo. The 5400 Kv motor with the sidewinder esc. The bad thing is it's for a stampede. Will the 5400 Kv motor from the combo fit in a stadium truck? Couldn't find anything on google. I know it sounds like a dumb decision but i did some strange r/c mistakes then.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Tech Regular

well this is the electric ON-road forum not the electric OFF-road forum, but i am a nice guy and will answer your question anyways. if you are talking about the 1/10 sidewinder combo, then yes it should fit. basically everything 1/10 should accept a sidewinder. you will just have to gear differently. assuming you used the proper gears in the first place you should be able to just drop it into a stadium truck. the stampede has big heavy tires and you should have a smaller pinion gear to compensate for that. stadium trucks are lighter and have smaller tires so you should be able to keep the same pinion gear and if the motor and ESC stay cool then maybe even go a few teeth larger.

if you want anything more specific you will have to say exactly what you have and are using. i would recommend spending 30-60 minutes in the electric off-road forum just looking around for info and searching for stuff in these forums.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thank you for answering the question. I would need to spend money on metal gears if i put something like this in, but as long as it will fit i don't need to see a 100 dollar motor sitting on the table doing nothing.

What's the difference between the two forums for this question though? It has to do with a motor fitting into another r/c so i just choose on road since i'll be using the stadium truck on road most of the time if i race. I'm confused on this part.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

the difference is the cars people talk about mostly. i havent looked at the off-road forums in ages. im sure there are people that look there and not here and are more knowledgeable about off-road cars, even if they are using them on the street.