frustrating 19 turn motors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

frustrating 19 turn motors

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

For the reedy quad mag, people at my local track run rollouts very close to stock. Very fast but I've seen a few get fried.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by berger
Under section 5 of the 2003 rules which can be found in pdf format on the brca website, not timing limitations are mentioned except for 27 turn turn motors which have to have a fixed 24 degrees of timing.
Berger, you need to read ALL the rules.......

"7.3 All rebuildable standard or stock motors must be of the bushing type with an end bell that locks the timing advance at 24 degrees. .............. "

....and before you say anything, this rule DOES apply to the 19 turn class motors as well. There is a subsequent rule allowing the use of ball raced bearings in these motors..

Last edited by modeltech; 04-23-2004 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

toooold yaaaa

i thought the rule was that it had to be stuck at 24 degrees...and mr modeltech just prooved it.

thx
Old 04-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by modeltech
Berger, you need to read ALL the rules.......

"7.3 All rebuildable standard or stock motors must be of the bushing type with an end bell that locks the timing advance at 24 degrees. .............. "

....and before you say anything, this rule DOES apply to the 19 turn class motors as well. There is a subsequent rule allowing the use of ball raced bearings in these motors..
My rule 7.3 covers formula one cars, as i said im not reading from the complete rules just the downloaded version so have your rolleyes back And your not going to run an illegal adjustable timing motor anyway are you.
Old 04-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

at our track everybody runs about 3 to 4 teeth larger on 19t over stock gearing. the C2 I still believe is the best 19t out there. my reedy quad mag is a dog no matter what brushes, springs, gearing I run on it.
Old 04-23-2004, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

hi!!!!

has anybody ever tried MATRIX 19T motors (specially the team modified quadmag 19S)?????

anyaway, i would like to see some dyno numbers from 19t motors......thanks!!!!
Old 04-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

if you want the most bang for the buck go whit the c2 its my favorite motor good balance bettween torque and rrrr"s and very forgiving if you over gear this is the only motor that has ever seen 3-4 comms in it. one of the wors't is the binary 19t extrmelly fast for the first 6 runs and then use it for a fishing line weight its that bad. reedy quad i have mixed fellings on it it is very torquey i cut the timming tab on it and ran it at 36deg and it was the fastest 19t i ever ran but turned the comm red
Old 04-23-2004, 07:19 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

stan, part of the reason that the comm went poof is that the timing needs to be turned down to around 12 degrees. I actually was on pace with Mike once I went down to 12 degrees and I know the motor needs more work.

I got some word from Big Jim that anything basically above 15 degrees will seriously impact this motor and cause the magnets to go soft.

Stan, try and rezapp the magnets and put your timing at 12 degrees and give it a run this sunday.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

I cut the tab off one of my stockers a while back(mvp with stand-up brushes). When I hooked it up to a 4 cell and increased the timing slowly while it was running the rpm's slowly went down, when I went slowly back to 0 degrees timing the rpm's went slowly back up. WTF? any ideas?
Old 04-24-2004, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

crazy.....i thought advanced timing gave more rpm and negative timing gave more torque.

i was also told my someone that if you wanted to increase/decrease the timing with laydown brushes, it wouldnt have no effect unless you cut have of the brush face off....you get what i mean...is this true?
Old 04-24-2004, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

many tanks for all that info. I am racing tomorrow in a national and will let you know how I got on with the tips
Thankx
Old 04-24-2004, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

right, i have a reedy quad mag, my dad also does.

can i ask why mine is a dyno version, but my dads isn't...i was told by the lhs guy that they came in the same delivery....are some dyno versions and some not...as they were the same price
Old 04-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

They dyno'd version may have 767's instead of 766 brushes. They probably have the same springs.

I tried advancing the timing again today and it did the exact opposite. At 36 degrees timing the motor sounds a touch slower then my monster rpm wise but it has boat load more torque. Other then having to up the trim to get rid of the drag brake effect of the timing, it should be good. Heats up like a mother though.
Old 04-25-2004, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by fatdoggy
They dyno'd version may have 767's instead of 766 brushes. They probably have the same springs.
ok, thanks for that.

i ran my dads motor in the final last night (he decided not to run, not sure why :S)

anyway, i couldnt feel any different in them, well obviously i could coz one had been used more than the other so the comm and brushes were worn more on one.

but other than that they feel identical
Old 04-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Ok guy's here goes, I used the Ready Quad 514 which is the dyno version, wasnt sure what brushes came with it though (maybe I should have left them in?). I put some, dare I say Schumacer KRY brushes which gave me loads of tork out of the corners and plenty of staight line speed, changed them for 766 did not seem as good though. Put myself 10th in the C, final and came 6th in the first leg and 7th in the second leg, I could have come 5th but me and another guy came together and both spun on our lids, another car came round the corner and rolled me onto my boots again, but waited for the marshal to turn the other guy over as well, and both went on racing but came 7th
Regarding the Reedy Chrome, I did not get around to using it nor the Chameleon 2 as I loaned it to a much younger a better driver than my self. I have 3 more nationals to do and will use the other 2 motors then and possibly before
Regards T,T,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.