R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-15-2010, 03:50 AM   #16
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
what the heck is "Getting ready to alive?"
Maybe it's getting ready to come alive, but since it hasn't actually come yet, the word hasn been omitted....
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:51 AM   #17
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

No offense but this seems to be nothing more than a marketing ploy. The Genetic may get a slight makeover but as an existing chassis the class it belongs in has yet to gain any real momentum. So suddenly there's an update to the chassis and a big splash announcement saying there's a bunch of support for a new class. And yet I fail to see the value over whats already going on to revive the tc segment of the market. The genetic is all wheel drive, the bodies are realistic, and theres no significant cost savings at the low 300's cost range for the existing car. This effort is poorly timed as VTA and RCGT are making good progress toward increasing on road participation.
I'm sure ABC will continue this effort and I predict it will be a failure. Again, not meant to be offensive....I just think it's poor timing.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:47 AM   #18
Tech Addict

I'd only be interested if this class allowed other car models like Cup Racer, Atomic AMII, Active SS and 3Racing Fujin. I'm not really interested in a One Make class.
deans - dodgy electrics amps not sufficient
PaPeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:00 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It is just The Goose RWD M-chassis from ABC,based off of Toka-sans Sanio-RR

My body projects blog http://rcbodyproject.wordpress.com/
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:02 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ShadowAu View Post
If the 1/10 touring class are "shapeless" blobs then lets change the rules on bodies... not try and create a whole new class

It seems to me electric struggles as it is because there are so many classes and rules... seems pointless to me to dilute it further
Unfortunately a new class requires participation from the racers and the race organizers. RCGT and VTA are great places to start. These are at least regionally recognized classes and I think VTA is recognized by ROAR. But there is no reason a local track can't run a Porsche Cup class using Standard TC chassis and spec tires, HPI body, etc.

What I am trying to say is that racers can't wait for someone to change the rules for them, they have to take the initiative and make it happen. I have seen it happen with tires;a track will not have a spec tire but the racers will agree to use the same thing. It can be done.

I really like the realism of the Cup Racer and ABC cars. But they can easily be ruined of someone designs a race type handling body, racers embrace it, and tracks allow it. It will be TC all over again.

Last edited by Rick Hohwart; 04-15-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote