Reedy/Yokomo " COBALT " Stock Motor

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy/Yokomo " COBALT " Stock Motor

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 10:53 PM
R/C Tech Founder

So, you would rather we restrict what people can say on here?

There are things we DO moderate here. Specifically foul language and unwarranted bashing or personal attacks, as well as anything that would be inappropriate for a PG audience.

However, we're not going to close a thread just because it has strayed from the topic. That happens pretty regularly around this or any other forum -- and even if we did want to, we just don't have the moderating forces to do it.

In this case, the question was presented in a manner that referenced BJ. The discussion naturally lead to a discussion about why BJ would post something like that about a motor that was never produced. One or more people posted related experiences about BJ and the unreleased motor. At least one other posted paraphrased quotes from BJ about one thing or another, things that he supposedly posted publicly. Others then responded to said quotes.

Nowhere in this exchange do I see anything that needs to be moderated, other than the thread straying from its original topic. There is no profanity, there is no out-of-the-blue attack on BJ or anybody else, just some controversy over comments he supposedly made.

If people would prefer to visit a forum where they must stay absolutely on topic in every thread and cannot post their opinions about some one or some thing, they are free to leave this one. That has always been our policy, and will continue to be our policy for as long as I am in control. If someone started talking about how they thought I was a poor webmaster, I wouldn't close that thread either.
Old 04-24-2004, 11:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If people would prefer to visit a forum where they must stay absolutely on topic in every thread and cannot post their opinions about some one or some thing, they are free to leave this one. That has always been our policy, and will continue to be our policy for as long as I am in control. If someone started talking about how they thought I was a poor webmaster, I wouldn't close that thread either.

Well said!!
Old 04-25-2004, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

futureal
I think you are doing a grand job this site is GOOD
I live in the UK & we got a forum called RCRACECHAT & man is that restrictedyou can`t
1)stray off topic
2)mentioned names of shops(must use pm)no advertising
3)moaning about anybody or anything
eg i ask on the forum `what do you think of pmr,fmr,surge batteries` i didn`t say i was importing the items through my new company, just ask a question to get some feed back, & it resulted in a 1 week ban from the RCRACECHAT site for advertising. I was`nt worried about it
RACECHAT hase`nt got as many members as you by a long shot,
RCTECH.NET should stay as it is cause it works if you want proof just look at how many topics the people have started i reckon you cover almost everything in rc racing, & i/we learn such alot of things through this website
so STICK WITH IT
like futureal said IF YOU DON`T LIKE IT THE DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN FOR YOU TO LEAVE (least you don`t have to sign up like the army)
Old 04-25-2004, 05:21 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Actually I don't see how Big Jim being accused a racist has to do with the Cobalt motor thread. Thats like saying the sun rotates because I spun an armature on earth.

IThe issue is when discussion is supposed to be about the Cobalt motor, how does Big Jim being accused of racism matter?

Unless someone can show me where being an accused racist some how affects the motor ( when I see that white armature with the red winding and nazi swatiska shaped stacks, then ok! ), I am not going to see how that is on topic, and this is coming from a guy who has experienced what Big Jim is accused of doing / being.

Now to all you guys and you futureal, you guys provide great info and ask great questions and I value the input of ALL of you.

I just don't want these boards that I value turn into something where we spend more timing bashing or accusing someone of something instead of discussion the hobby we all love, regardless if someone is involved with our hobby or not.

Since it appears we won't ever get back ON topic, I consider this thread dead, shame too, I was very interested in some of you guys thoughts on this motor.

Last edited by Cain; 04-25-2004 at 05:42 AM.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:36 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

To jeepnyy

I am sorry that your thread has turned into this, it seems no one listened to what you stated not too many posts ago about what your intentions were for?

Let it be known that I did not start this thread with an intention of bashing Big Jim. This thread was started in the hope of finding info about the "Cobalt" motor. Please keep it that way. Thank you
Old 04-25-2004, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cain

Since it appears we won't ever get back ON topic, I consider this thread dead, shame too, I was very interested in some of you guys thoughts on this motor.

What motor, It does not exist. How can anyone offer an opinion on a motor nobody has run or seen.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Pulled from an e-mail from Big Jim...

Subject: "You should change the name of your website"

"....to "No Brains".

Thanks for showing your true colors on RC "Chat Room" Tech. Don't come back to my forum. We don't want your kind posting.

BIG JIM"

My two word response is not fit for the forums.

However, I will respect your wishes and not visit your forums. I'm proud of the "colors" I've shown here...are you?
Old 04-25-2004, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by MR JOLLY
futureal
I think you are doing a grand job this site is GOOD
I live in the UK & we got a forum called RCRACECHAT & man is that restrictedyou can`t
1)stray off topic
2)mentioned names of shops(must use pm)no advertising
3)moaning about anybody or anything
eg i ask on the forum `what do you think of pmr,fmr,surge batteries` i didn`t say i was importing the items through my new company, just ask a question to get some feed back, & it resulted in a 1 week ban from the RCRACECHAT site for advertising. I was`nt worried about it
RACECHAT hase`nt got as many members as you by a long shot,
RCTECH.NET should stay as it is cause it works if you want proof just look at how many topics the people have started i reckon you cover almost everything in rc racing, & i/we learn such alot of things through this website
so STICK WITH IT
like futureal said IF YOU DON`T LIKE IT THE DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN FOR YOU TO LEAVE (least you don`t have to sign up like the army)
so hows the battery buissness treating you colin?
Old 04-25-2004, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

at the moment it is brill
should i start another thread? this ones for cobalt motors i think!
Old 04-25-2004, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

hey y'all! how ya dooin? been readin this post for a few hours and i was wondering..... how come noone suggeted what motor reedy should build? i have an idea or two. 1) since reedy started the "quad wars", (not clone wars, get it ) with mod. it should only be natural that they start it with stock. but they didn't. they went to 19 turn. which is cool 'cause the 513 is plenty fast!!
but here's my idae for the reedy stocker: use the 513 set-up with quad magnets and use the tri-rotor arm from the integy V10R.

now i know this may seem a little frankesteinish but aren't YOKOMO, TOP , and ATLAS all related in some way? the reason why i ask is because the YOK27 and the TOP27 arms seem to be identical....especially with the "power tunnels" going through the lam segments. and if you look at the ATLAS27 arm...it has the same "tunnels". although it has the appearance of the Greenmachine3. so i say why not throw it all together and have the best of ALL worlds!!!!!! muhahaha!!
Old 04-25-2004, 08:13 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by nomaak
1) since reedy started the "quad wars", (not clone wars, get it ) with mod. it should only be natural that they start it with stock. but they didn't. they went to 19 turn.

Mainly as current ROAR rules say you can only have
2 magnets in your motor, not 4 or more.

Think Reedy prefers to build race-legal donks, not "outlaw" junk for backyard bashers.

now i know this may seem a little frankesteinish but aren't YOKOMO, TOP , and ATLAS all related in some way? ....
There are only a handful of motor (parts?) contract manufacturers
in the world, a lot of them are in Japan. These manufacturers
would certainly make parts for several different companies, and
the less they have to change between components the easier it
is for them - less to rejig on the production line.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Top and Yokomo motors come from the same company in japan....not sure about atlas, but they look pretty similar so I would not doubt it....the company that makes Epic motors, only makes stuff for trinity and thats it....they have an exclusive deal.

Later EddieO
Old 04-26-2004, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by MR JOLLY
at the moment it is brill
should i start another thread? this ones for cobalt motors i think!
il have to have a look at these batterys your matching next time i see you.what sort of numbers the pulling?

Last edited by trf racer; 04-26-2004 at 04:22 AM.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:20 AM
Tech Master

there are only 2 actull motor builders who other companys like peak go to.
both japan but cant remeber the names.
its a shame that the colbolt didnt go into production b/c i think itb would have been more revolutionary then anything out there now.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

Futureal, your forreal and that is what it's all about say what
is real and keep it that way, well said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.