Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2010 US Indoor Champs.....CLEVELAND >

2010 US Indoor Champs.....CLEVELAND

2010 US Indoor Champs.....CLEVELAND

Old 04-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2010 US Indoor Champs.....CLEVELAND

Well the time has come to announce the details of the 2010 US Indoor Champs, at the Holiday Inn in Independence. There are several big changes in store for this year, which will make this one of the greatest Champs of all time. First off, the management team is all new. For those who don't know me, my name is Ian Ruggles. I have announced at the Indoor Champs for several years, and with the retirement of the Aholts, my father Joe and I have taken on the mantle of carrying on the Champs' long-standing tradition of great racing. That being said, we're also looking to make the Champs bigger and better than ever! With the help of long-term US Indoor Champs headlining sponsor Calandra Racing Concepts, we're going to provide the carpet racing community a top-notch event from start to finish!

And yes, you read that right, "carpet racing community". The rumors that had leaked out late last month are true, OVAL racing is coming to the Champs for 2010! A number of individuals over the years have asked that Oval be included as a part of this race, and as the Champs enters its fourth decade, I could think of no better time than now to make it happen.

All you guys and gals that turn both ways have nothing to worry about, because the roadcourse action will still be as hot as ever. With 12th scale, WGT, and TC classes going to war on the CRC Fasttrak carpet, just as they have for years, this should be another great one.

We've already drafted a schedule, which should prove to work out very well for everyone involved. According to the plan at this point, it'll be a 7 am start for practice and qualifying days and should wind down before 10:30 each night, and that's running two FULL rounds of qualifiers for both Oval and Roadcourse each day, but mains day. This schedule fully accounts for track changeover, a rocket-round of practice between track layouts to bed-in traction, and even a little cushion for possible track maintenance, etc. So there should still be plenty of time to Socialize both during the rounds, and after, each and every day of the event. And with only the mains to run Sunday, getting out at a decent hour is all but assured.

As we finalize details and move closer to the event we'll bring you more and more information. Look for class listings and info about the new website to be released shortly.

That's where we stand at the moment, so clear Nov. 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, and 28th, and we look forward to seeing you at the 2010 US Indoor Champs.

Questions can be pm'd to me here, or e-mailed to [email protected].

Check out www.indoorchamps.net for more information.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by CypressMidWest; 10-31-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Great news, the more the merrier. If we can get Budweiser on board as a sponsor it will be even better!!!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I now support this race. I dont know for sure if I will be there this year but knowing Ian is running things should do great things for this race.

I'm excited to see what you have planned buddy.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I now support this race. I dont know for sure if I will be there this year but knowing Ian is running things should do great things for this race.

I'm excited to see what you have planned buddy.
+1 on this one. Can't wait to see this come around this year!
Old 04-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Good luck with your venture Mr. Ruggles
Old 04-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ian running it should bring up the entry levels for sure...
Old 04-07-2010, 08:39 PM
CDW
Tech Adept

I am super excited about this year's upcoming US Indoor Champs. I have known Joe and Ian Ruggles for quite some time now. The one thing I have learned about them in that time is how passionate they are about the hobby. I really believe this is going to be a great race, where for the first time in the Champs history we are going to see the best of both disciplines, Roadcourse and Oval. Who knows maybe we will see GK (Kraios) throw down in oval? You never know what could happen at the 31st Indoor Champs...

CD Wells
Old 04-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys!! I grew up with this race, and I really wanna see it return to the level it was at in the good old days. You have my word that I'll do everything in my power to make this a killer show for all of us.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

I foresee nothing but good things happening with these awesome new changes.

This years event will start the beginning of a brand new era of the U.S. Indoor Champs!!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

been getting closer with the girlfriend so we'll see this year. sounds intersting.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ah ha! So this is the thread that's hording all the positive vibes on RCTech.

It's been a solid decade since I raced at the Champs, but I'm looking forward to attending this event with great anticipation!
Old 04-08-2010, 03:40 AM
Tech Champion

Hope the event goes well for you, just one thing as input for it, have you considered an F1 class too?

Maybe the interest isnt there for it, or maybe it's not something you are considering, but as I say, hope it all goes to plan
Old 04-08-2010, 04:23 AM
Regional Moderator

Congrats, Ian!

I assume you'll be having a luggage cart class as well? Will that be road course or oval?
Old 04-08-2010, 05:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Old 04-08-2010, 05:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

With the addition of an oval program to the champs race it should go along way to boost entries. Oval racing is our biggest turnout here in Michigan.
Looking forward to it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.