CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sweet, I may need to take you up on that Mark. I'll even give you a little extra for the trouble.

Still can't find that S400 chassis. Can't figure out where I put it. I'll dig in the attic this week to try and get you running.

Also, I got a car from Vogel in my trunk for you. Let me know when you'll be around or I can drop it off in your car at work, where I picked it up from! haha
Old 10-29-2010, 11:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
i will be lettin my 1 season old tc photon go in a week or so. i have enough parts to complete my evo so im soon sellin my photon roler for 175 if anyone is interested. has updated shocks and is still has tight cvds.
Pm sent
Old 10-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

nice i get to start my new section of the basement cars never to be run hahaha i will be down probally tues wed thurs friday this week at night but my truck is always open if you want to drop it off
Old 11-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

new setup Sheet For Evolution
Carpet, very small track

Editable setup Sheet for Evo
http://www.trovamodellismo.com/top/?p=52
Old 11-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

CEFX Evo Base Setup Carpet
Old 11-08-2010, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

has anyone tried ^this^ setup? sounds a bit odd in areas. line the shocks r in pos#3 instead of #2 what is the change between them in affect?
also the droop is way less than the front , why? ur not supposto tune a car with droop and it seems thats kinda whats happening.
and dont understand tire doping time line , do all tires 15min before race allow fronts to stay wet/ and wire off rears 5min before race?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

has anyone tried ^this^ setup? sounds a bit odd in areas. line the shocks r in pos#3 instead of #2 what is the change between them in affect?
also the droop is way less than the front , why? ur not supposto tune a car with droop and it seems thats kinda whats happening.
and dont understand tire doping time line , do all tires 15min before race allow fronts to stay wet/ and wire off rears 5min before race?
Hi!
This Setup Sheet is Created By Team Framega, Italy
because Photon Setup Sheet isn't accurate for CEFX.
this is specific for CEFX.
if you want, the download here:
http://www.trovamodellismo.com/top/w...P-SHEET1.2.pdf
for Droop
Real droop is 3mm over ride height, both front and rear.
for the position of the shock, the next test I want try pos#2 hole on Arms All Around.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

any news????
Old 11-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This set up seems good to me on paper. My own set up is not a million miles away from this and I use different tyres. it seems that MH roll centre is the way to go at the back, its my favourite position and most set ups use this it seems.

At the front I use HH roll centre and a softer spring, 324/xray 2.8 but if I used MH roll centre I'd use 344. I like the long camber links a lot.

My ackermann settings are identical and I tried many combinations.

I use 289 in rear but if traction is high then 306 as it gives more rotation/less rear grip, a livelier feel.

Droop is a lower number because of the hoop on rear upright, no?
Old 11-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hana166
...Droop is a lower number because of the hoop on rear upright, no?
Yeah, Right!
Old 11-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Is there a thread anywhere with info about the CEFX Griffin??

OR

Is this post in the correct place, where can I get me one?
Old 11-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There is

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...in-10-wgt.html
Old 11-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Hay guys just wanted to say that I and 2 other guys (1 had a evo as well) . Went down to Dallas tx for their fall classic race. And after a day and a half of wrenching our asses off we had a awesome race weekend. In spec 17.5 class I qualified 3rd after finaly figuring out how to properly dope a Solaris medium tire for a dirty carpet track the car was sick. I fished 3rd in the A main and in the 17.5 unlimited class I ran the same spec profile (yes it was slow, but was only about .4 slower than the Bq which was running a advanced profile) and qualified 4th in the B out of 9 ( all of which were running advanced profiles) . I ended up 2nd overall in the B by the end of the race. Car worked awesome. Will try to post my setup tomorrow . Its weard but worked great at this track . I don't run swaybars on spec I like a car to role to create traction on low bite tracks. Josh u designed a awesome platform.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Hay guys just wanted to say that I and 2 other guys (1 had a evo as well) . Went down to Dallas tx for their fall classic race. And after a day and a half of wrenching our asses off we had a awesome race weekend. In spec 17.5 class I qualified 3rd after finaly figuring out how to properly dope a Solaris medium tire for a dirty carpet track the car was sick. I fished 3rd in the A main and in the 17.5 unlimited class I ran the same spec profile (yes it was slow, but was only about .4 slower than the Bq which was running a advanced profile) and qualified 4th in the B out of 9 ( all of which were running advanced profiles) . I ended up 2nd overall in the B by the end of the race. Car worked awesome. Will try to post my setup tomorrow . Its weard but worked great at this track . I don't run swaybars on spec I like a car to role to create traction on low bite tracks. Josh u designed a awesome platform.
Setup?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry for the wait guys . Been busy . Ok I will start by sayin that I have a full cefx kit ( shock towers and all) . I have futaba 9550 servo, tenkin pro, TP 5400, NOVAK balistic 17.5, old style transporter , . I use spec-r front ecs drives with xray 6' c-hubs .I'm running aluminum knuckles on all 4 corners ,alum center pully, alum bellcrank,pivot balls,and inner hinge pin mount came. yes I did it all.
Ok now for the skinny . I way out at 1410.
front; 1.5 neg camber
1deg toe out.per side
344 springs with 35 wt oil
#4 position on top /#1 on bottom
using low blocks with high cam
I'm using a .5mm shim behind front mounts
2.5mm under inner tuenbuckle in #2 ,no shim on c hub
5.5ride height,3mm droop over ride
no sway bar
15g on top of bumper
1mm shim front of front arm 2.5mm behind
with spool
ackermann reward with #10

rear
1.8 neg camber
3 deg toe per side
306 springs with 25wt oil
#4 on tower and #2 on arm
medium mount low cam
1mm behind front mount, 3mm behind rear mount
2mm shim under inner camber link at #2
0 under outer
no sway.bar
5.8-9mm ride height with 2.5 droop over ride
2.5 in front of rear arm for wheel base and 1mm behind
with smooth med tight diff

running Solaris med tires with paragon transaction . apply 5 min and wipe off 5 min before run.
now this setup was used on a old rug with dirt in carpet. which made it essential to wipe tires before the.run and allow them to dry.
I run 0 rebound (drilled caps), I use standard wheel hubs with no spaces and 1.2 3 hole piston
Sorry for all the slang terms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.