Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks for the picture. It cleared things up. How do you like to handling of the CEFX chassis compare to TOP?
Old 05-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cvccsi
Thanks for the picture. It cleared things up. How do you like to handling of the CEFX chassis compare to TOP?
I have a lipo TOP Photon and a CEFX Photon - each have very strong merits. I looked at the CEFX solution as an option for tuning as many of the same parts are used with both cars. I can turn the same lap times with each but with their own characteristics of drivability.

The CEFX chassis generated more steering and traction even with same shock, spring, roll center and spacing that its TOP counter part. The CEFX felt more forgiving & drive it harder and TOP felt more aggressive & nimble. Both are wickedly fast.

Depending on what I am looking for I can have both options. This is my second race event out with the Photon (Tq worthy on both weekends) and the first for the CEFX. More time will tell. We have a large event coming this weekend for Memorial Day weekend (Jackson RC).

Too bad I wont be making the Reedy Race - I think I have two good cars to be competitive with.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
I have a lipo TOP Photon and a CEFX Photon - each have very strong merits. I looked at the CEFX solution as an option for tuning as many of the same parts are used with both cars. I can turn the same lap times with each but with their own characteristics of drivability.

The CEFX chassis generated more steering and traction even with same shock, spring, roll center and spacing that its TOP counter part. The CEFX felt more forgiving & drive it harder and TOP felt more aggressive & nimble. Both are wickedly fast.

Depending on what I am looking for I can have both options. This is my second race event out with the Photon (Tq worthy on both weekends) and the first for the CEFX. More time will tell. We have a large event coming this weekend for Memorial Day weekend (Jackson RC).

Too bad I wont be making the Reedy Race - I think I have two good cars to be competitive with.

Hi mark
Good information, question is what are the set up are you using?
What motor are you using for the testing ?
Does the CEFX drive and felt very stable and steering predictable?

Last edited by Goingfast; 05-23-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Hi mark
Good information, question is did you used Josh CEFX set up @ National?
are you using sway bars on your Evo?
Didnt have Joshs setup to refer to.

I am running sway bars on the car.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Didnt have Joshs setup to refer to.

I am running sway bars on the car.

Does the CEFX drive very stable and steering is predictable?

Last edited by Goingfast; 05-23-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Does the CEFX drive and felt very stable and steering predictable?
Yes. Point and shoot.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Yes. Point and shoot.
Point and shoot eh!....lol
Well I better get started on mine.(CEFX) today....Thanks

Last edited by Goingfast; 05-23-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Mark - Thanks for the comments!! I know people need info from others as they don't always seem to believe me on what/why I designed a car to do..... The Evolution was designed to be a much better car in the faster classes. The standard Photon was very aggressive and fast but in Modified (and now 13.5 with the speedo's) the stock car was just too edgy and lacked grip when you had to transition from left/right really hard and fast. The Photon to me also lacked forward bite in Mod so this is also an area I wanted to address.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hey Mark - Thanks for the comments!! I know people need info from others as they don't always seem to believe me on what/why I designed a car to do..... The Evolution was designed to be a much better car in the faster classes. The standard Photon was very aggressive and fast but in Modified (and now 13.5 with the speedo's) the stock car was just too edgy and lacked grip when you had to transition from left/right really hard and fast. The Photon to me also lacked forward bite in Mod so this is also an area I wanted to address.

Not a problem. Glad to share the progress. You have mail.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hi Josh
I knew the reason why you design the Evolution and Most of us don't have the experience and track time on the Evo , Your Evo set up for car rubber set up tell me alot more about the Evolution ....I'm glad that Mark gave us some feed back....

I'm glad you design the Evolution wish is needed for faster class...
Old 05-24-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Hi guys, just putting the finishes touches on my Evo, and I seem to be having some issues with my servo clearing the steering bellcrank. I'm running a Futaba 9551 servo... is this servo too long/thick/tall??? will have to have a closer look in the morning, but any hints or help would be appreciated.

Oh also, Josh, awesome looking machine. Can't wait to hit the track.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by $$$...
Hi guys, just putting the finishes touches on my Evo, and I seem to be having some issues with my servo clearing the steering bellcrank. I'm running a Futaba 9551 servo... is this servo too long/thick/tall??? will have to have a closer look in the morning, but any hints or help would be appreciated.

Oh also, Josh, awesome looking machine. Can't wait to hit the track.
I am not running the slim servos in my car.

Just an option.
I mounted my servo about 5mm back of the mounting holes to provide more ackerman options. No need to drill holes, just use 3M double sided tape, will hold like a champ.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi Josh,

For 17.5 stock racing, will the Evolution have an edge over the TOP chassis as well? Or the difference is more noticeable in faster classes?

Thanks.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cvccsi
Hi Josh,

For 17.5 stock racing, will the Evolution have an edge over the TOP chassis as well? Or the difference is more noticeable in faster classes?

Thanks.
I think it does....in the difference ways
Please read the post.272 .and the 278.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Too early to give feedback but I should have more feedback about 17.5 after this weekend.

This past weekend I ran about 20 packs, I ran both cars back to back in 17.5, lap times were .2 advantage to the CEFX. On new tires, the TOP was twitchy and the CEFX felt more raceable - that was with the same setup except for the chassis. On four run tires, the cars felt the same. Laptimes were the about the same. I still felt like I could drive the CEFX harder.

This weekend, I wont be splitting the 13.5 and 17.5 classes - just focusing on 17.5.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.