CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 04:44 AM
Tech Regular

Received my Evolution yesterday and only had time to do some chassis prep. All the parts look awsome. The new carbon fiber looks really nice. Should start building tonight after work.

A few questtions for Josh.
When mounting the KO 951 servo do you modify the servo mounts to lower the servo?
Do you have a good starting set up you can post?
Old 05-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by $$$...
yeah c'mon... impressions? thought? first build pics? things to look out for? Mines on its way, but it's gotta come half way round the world, so not expecting it till next week some time.

on a side note, Josh, any updates on other projects?
Well, it was a Friday night so I didn't do anything beyond a once-over look. First impression was, as you would expect, very good. The CF does look pretty cool and the finish is excellent. Metal parts were clean and the black does look good. I'll probably start to build it later today, pics if I can.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikel33
Well, it was a Friday night so I didn't do anything beyond a once-over look. First impression was, as you would expect, very good. The CF does look pretty cool and the finish is excellent. Metal parts were clean and the black does look good. I'll probably start to build it later today, pics if I can.
Nice!

I might not make it to the track this weekend but hopefully you'll have it there next weekend.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Nice!

I might not make it to the track this weekend but hopefully you'll have it there next weekend.
I should have it together by then. I'm on a short racing break, did a lot of racing since last November or so and I'm trying to enjoy the 'good' weather.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Khador12
Received my Evolution yesterday and only had time to do some chassis prep. All the parts look awsome. The new carbon fiber looks really nice. Should start building tonight after work.

A few questtions for Josh.
When mounting the KO 951 servo do you modify the servo mounts to lower the servo?
Do you have a good starting set up you can post?
Dang man I'm jealousThat's okay still have my Photon ....I TQ by s whole lap today, but Didn't win something happen to my car,it suddenly batteries dump or lost power the was weird....

Last edited by Goingfast; 05-09-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Khador12 - In the Photon kits there are 2pr of servo mounts. One pair is for the large servos and the other is for the smaller servos like the 951.

I don't have specific set-up sheets for the Evo yet but I will work on getting something made. Just spent the day at the zoo with Angel and the girls so a little relaxing and then back to work...
Old 05-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Khador12 - In the Photon kits there are 2pr of servo mounts. One pair is for the large servos and the other is for the smaller servos like the 951.

I don't have specific set-up sheets for the Evo yet but I will work on getting something made. Just spent the day at the zoo with Angel and the girls so a little relaxing and then back to work...
Hey Josh
The Evo chassis is thicker or thin than original asphalt version..
Do you recommend this evo kit for carpet or aphalt?
Old 05-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Hey Josh
The Evo chassis is thicker or thin than original asphalt version..
Do you recommend this evo kit for carpet or aphalt?
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
jkirkwood - Thanks!

stilt - It's for rubber tire racing. Not carpet or asphalt specific. I used it on carpet and I plan on racing it at the WC in Germany. Possibly the Reedy if I go.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Finished building mine up and have to say I like how everything fits. I will post up some pics tomorrow, just moved and need to find the camera.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Master

Well, I have the chassis and all of the CEFX bits installed. Still need to do the diff, suspension, and electronics.

Fit and finish are as you would expect - very nice. There are some pretty cool details here.

Josh, does it matter what side the mount for the center hub is on? I just noticed I mounted it opposite the motor.

Here is a crappy phone photo. I'll try and post some tomorrow after I get more stuff bolted on.

CEFX 2010 - A new Evolution.-0509002222.jpg
Old 05-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pakk
Thanks Pakk
Old 05-10-2010, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Goingfast - The chassis is 2.5mm, like the origional rubber tire car.

mikel33 - It's best to be mounted on the motor plate so that you don't have flex between the spur/motor to possibly strip gears. I put the holes in the "mount plate" to have the option of running two pulley post mounts to add support to the spur (not a problem) but mainly if that area of the car needed stiffening (again, not a problem).

Back to work here.... Lots to do!!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

received my conversion kit today and it looks great, such a change from the normal chassis designs we see !

Will be running it soon hopefully
Old 05-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Josh,
how is the battery supposed to be mounted? I was playing around with the battery placement and noticed that the slots in the chassis allow a lipo pack to be mounted in vertically. Is it supposed to be that way? Or do I mount them horizontally?

I tried both positions and it seems like it'll work either way.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DirtyRacer
Josh,
how is the battery supposed to be mounted? I was playing around with the battery placement and noticed that the slots in the chassis allow a lipo pack to be mounted in vertically. Is it supposed to be that way? Or do I mount them horizontally?

I tried both positions and it seems like it'll work either way.
your joking right?
Are you using saddle pack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.