R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-25-2010, 07:30 AM   #481
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo View Post
Why would you want to use a Porsche shell?
The Porsche is the required body for the GT4 (FF03 only) exhibition race in the TCS North American Finals
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:51 AM   #482
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer View Post
The Porsche is the required body for the GT4 (FF03 only) exhibition race in the TCS North American Finals
OK, I wont comment.
Must be a logical reason behind it ?

And to think of the arguments and disputs we had when they allowed the Skyline R32 on to the FWD FF01 chassis back in the 90's.
But then again the Skyline R32 was the dominant shell until they discovered the shorter Clio set up (which I hated) was quicker on tighter tracks.

Mine will be used in an open class here, so may even used a PF Mazda shell.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:59 AM   #483
Tech Regular

Ok it was going to happen sooner or later , just ordered the FF03 pro and golf gti shell just trying to find a scale looking rear wing now as i can not find that suzuki on on ebay.

Once the bedworth summer series has finished we should have 3 cars running when my mate has sundays free from work. Going to run them in the 17.5/27t 1400g class using 27t motors and lipo's as we will be racing just for fun.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #484
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

thinking of running the cirtix combo, but it seems like the optimal gearing for it is around 3.5. What spur/pinion combo should I use? I have a 82 spur, so I need to get a pinion range of 58-61T. The question is, that those big pinions might block the access to the motor screws. I know there are holes in pinions such as PRS, so thought I can access it through there. But just in case... did anybody try such huge pinions?
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #485
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Clickee!

On another note, we just got another batch of kits in...
Old 06-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #486
AWK
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quit pimping your store on the forum. I think it's rude to only post things for sale.

You and Jeff better be stocked for the end of August on parts!
AWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #487
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWK View Post
Quit pimping your store on the forum. I think it's rude to only post things for sale.

You and Jeff better be stocked for the end of August on parts!
Whaaa? But you told us to! And we're also providing valuable set up information!

You know we will be stocked on the hop ups when they are available...

....in fact, I hear some titanium screw kits are on their way....

Last edited by stitchy; 06-25-2010 at 03:04 PM.
stitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:58 PM   #488
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
thinking of running the cirtix combo, but it seems like the optimal gearing for it is around 3.5. What spur/pinion combo should I use? I have a 82 spur, so I need to get a pinion range of 58-61T. The question is, that those big pinions might block the access to the motor screws. I know there are holes in pinions such as PRS, so thought I can access it through there. But just in case... did anybody try such huge pinions?
Last weekend David Jun of Tamiya was testing his FF03 and found the optimum gearing was at 3.75 using the silver can. That was achieved using an 88 spur and 61 pinion. I also purchased that set up and the pinion does block the screws to the motor. It appears you have to carefully set the mesh with lightly tightened motor screws, remove the pinion then fully tighten the motor screws and re-install the pinion gear. Btw - Dave's car kicked ass on the Tamiya track- very impressive.
Budster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #489
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budster View Post
Last weekend David Jun of Tamiya was testing his FF03 and found the optimum gearing was at 3.75 using the silver can. That was achieved using an 88 spur and 61 pinion. I also purchased that set up and the pinion does block the screws to the motor. It appears you have to carefully set the mesh with lightly tightened motor screws, remove the pinion then fully tighten the motor screws and re-install the pinion gear. Btw - Dave's car kicked ass on the Tamiya track- very impressive.
Hmmmm....I'll be running with a silver can on Sunday and will just bring all my spurs and pinions...

Not knowing any better I would have geared 5.6 or something.
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #490
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo View Post
Not yet finished build but do have both the 306 and 406 shells unpainted.
Had a quick measure up with the Vectra, and it looks to fit if you trim the bumper.
Just checked with a FF01 and it juuuust doesn't fit. The Vectra was for a FF01 so I don't see any probs and that 406 is too damn ugly (proportion wise that is).
Barry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #491
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to akura2 Send a message via Yahoo to akura2

Anybody know the proper wheelbase setup of the Beams Integra?

I have an FF01 but I might have to spring for one of these FF03s... they look SO sweet
akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:49 PM   #492
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Finally

my FF03 came home today. now time to start building and get the SX4 mounted up!
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #493
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to foampervert
Default Ff03 bodyshell choices...

Hiya folks,

I tried running the ff03 pro in the local Tamiya Asia Cup series race in the supersport class. Sport tune motors and tamiya stock(101 or 104) esc must be used. There is also a fixed ratio that all drivers must abide by. However, the ff03 runs terribly at 6.5 final drive ratio.

I also tried running the car with a team wave rbs and lrp 13.5t motor...

Setup is simple, just limit front droop to NOTHING! so that there is no front to rear weight transfer upon acceleration. Otherwise, front drive will be affected and acceleration will be dead slow. Also, diff setup(plastic diff) needs to be super tight or it will slip. D-shaped diff rings will help.

I also realised that a sedan bodyshell sucks! Too much downforce in the rear makes the car super lazy around turns... Bought a sx4 to rectify this... Have a vw golf and civic too...

Have fun cos I sure did!

-Alexander

Sorex, i meant Sorex.
foampervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:19 PM   #494
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foampervert View Post
Hiya folks,

I tried running the ff03 pro in the local Tamiya Asia Cup series race in the supersport class. Sport tune motors and tamiya stock(101 or 104) esc must be used. There is also a fixed ratio that all drivers must abide by. However, the ff03 runs terribly at 6.5 final drive ratio.

I also tried running the car with a team wave rbs and lrp 13.5t motor...

Setup is simple, just limit front droop to NOTHING! so that there is no front to rear weight transfer upon acceleration. Otherwise, front drive will be affected and acceleration will be dead slow. Also, diff setup(plastic diff) needs to be super tight or it will slip. D-shaped diff rings will help.

I also realised that a sedan bodyshell sucks! Too much downforce in the rear makes the car super lazy around turns... Bought a sx4 to rectify this... Have a vw golf and civic too...

Have fun cos I sure did!

-Alexander
Thanks for the report. similar approach was taken for the m03/05 to limit the front droop. I am also going to test rear anti squat to further strengthen the effect.

I have a feeling that you won't be able to get 100% out of this car using the same tire/insert front to back. With so little weight in the rear, you need a softer tire/insert to compensate I think.
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #495
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to C5R01

Should have mine Monday. Have a ff01 and can't wait fir this one. I have the civic and both volkswagon original bodies too. Everyone should start posting their bodies here once they are done!
Tamiya Garage:TB03; TA05V2-IFS; 414X #60;F104 V2;TA03r-s:TA03F:TA03R: FF01: FF03: M01: M03: M06: 1/14 Mercedes Semi truck- w/Reefer trailer ( fully functional): Tamiya Juggernaut 4X4X4, Tamiya RC Freightliner Cascadia Evo.; Honda City Turbo WR-02C; TRF102 F1
OTHERS:Kyosho 1/8th scale nitro Corvette C6R: Yokomo GT4 nitro, Slash 2WD,TA SCm5
C5R01 is offline   Reply With Quote