Like Tree220Likes

Tamiya FF03

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Hebiki
so what should we race with? 17.5? 21.5?

let me know if u can do a club race up here.. my SX4 will take down your GOLF. we'll rally the troops.

i think 17.5/non boost.. with FWD bodies only (meaning the car has to be FWD in real life.. not like a Porsche. )
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
17.5 Boost-less would be pretty fun, and enough to burn some rubber tires.
yeah.. i'm just conna install my old LRP Shere TC Spec.. and an old LRP 17.5.. call it a day. should be plenty.. Gonna try my best to have it out at Tamiya tomorrow for some shakedown..
Old 06-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
17.5 Boost-less would be pretty fun, and enough to burn some rubber tires.
i know you have one .... now if we can all gather at one place and race these badboys.. btw. what body are you gonna use on yours? Ive picked the Suzuki SX4.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
i know you have one .... now if we can all gather at one place and race these badboys.. btw. what body are you gonna use on yours? Ive picked the Suzuki SX4.
Actually I don't, not even on order...
Old 06-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
not quite finish building the kit.. but, what a nice platform this is!!. very cool design.. gonna be tons of fun..

a lil bit of play at the SpurGear. might be a lil tricky to get 64pt gears to mesh perfectly. but hey, my TA05v2 isnt perfect either. alum spur adapter may help some.. really smooth diff/gearbox!! longitudinal chassis stiffness is great. not too much twist in the chassis. very narrow!!

rear end assembly is very interesting.. very easy to change wheelbase.. yet still very adjustable. NICE!!!

Think i just found my new favorite kit... anyone wanting to graduate from the mini M0* series will find this a nice step..

cant really think of anything the kit 'needs'

Bravo TAMIYA!!
You should be ok with the 64p, I am using 94/40 for the silver can. I didnt have to worry to much about the gap of the gears.. the extra play will take care of that

I had to shim the steering assembly to lessen the slap while i wait for the bling... this i will definitely bling out.. other than that nothing else (Yeah right !) bling this bling that.

So far I'm a happy camper. I was actually thinking of putting a hood scoop to cool down the motor or put holes on the front like a grill of a real car.. what you guys thing? somehow with the body i cannot fit a heatsink with a motor the body will just block the air flow anyway.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kp-61
somehow with the body i cannot fit a heatsink with a motor the body will just block the air flow anyway.
heh heh
just got me thinking
Ford Focus WRC
real life car has horizontal cooling fans with bonnet scoops for the horizontal radiators
Old 06-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

17.5 and no boost speedo feels just right for this car. That's what you see in the vid as well. For sure the chassis could handle more but I think 17.5 is just perfect.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kentech
17.5 and no boost speedo feels just right for this car. That's what you see in the vid as well. For sure the chassis could handle more but I think 17.5 is just perfect.
Have you weighed it?
Old 06-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Finished build and maidened...

Hiya folks,

I've just finished my car bodyshell selection was iffy... Ended up using an old Nissan xanavi Z shell I painted but never used.

Be wary that the manual state front body mount position only fit shells made specifically for ff cars or high bonnet cars.

Otherwise, (as I found out, 2extra holes in my shell now... Sigh) use the rear position on the front to mount up the front body mounts.

Another thing to note is the front inboard upper link mount that is attached to the gearbox... Build the way the manual states will pull the gearbox halves apart allowing injestion of dirt. Better to find a 3x 38-40mm screw and a locknut at the end( manual page 5, step 3).

I made my own roll bars from a evo5 roll bar kit and some extra turnbuckles.

Car is 'setup' for a local race specifying sport tune motors and stock tamiya esc.... If building it and running it is any setup at all.

Will test with hotter motors next week. It runs brilliantly!

Am so lurving it!

-Alexander
Old 06-19-2010, 02:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RossoTorro
Are you from Norway? There are a guy on a norwegian rc forum with the same name....
Yup, that's me.

Does anyone have part number on the universals that will fit this car?

Fabiz
Old 06-19-2010, 04:40 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

very nice KenT. sure u can prolly feel the car change a ton and fronts heat up. a nice realistic touch i'm sure.

R
Old 06-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Fabiz
Yup, that's me.

Does anyone have part number on the universals that will fit this car?

Fabiz
This is what I used

Tamiya Cross Joints For Universal Shaft Set 4pcs. 53500
Tamiya 46mm Swing Shaft Hard 51092
Tamiya TB-03 Wheel Axles 54076

good luck!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Kinda weird that they would release the FF03PRO before they have FF-specific bodies available...

Will the Tamiya 51337 Suzuki SX4 WRC body be a good fit, width- and wheelbase-wise?

EDIT: Weird again -- was just reading the TCS rules for the GT4 FF03 exhibition class at the TCS finals. Porsche bodies only? On front-drive cars?

Last edited by reenmachine; 06-19-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by reenmachine
Kinda weird that they would release the FF03PRO before they have FF-specific bodies available...

Will the Tamiya 51337 Suzuki SX4 WRC body be a good fit, width- and wheelbase-wise?

EDIT: Weird again -- was just reading the TCS rules for the GT4 FF03 exhibition class at the TCS finals. Porsche bodies only? On front-drive cars?
Is that right? I thought it goes against general rules of Tamiya's spec class where the drive layout must match the real car. Or they just went the hell with it? imo, FF on a Porsche is blasphemy.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by inpuressa
Is that right? I thought it goes against general rules of Tamiya's spec class where the drive layout must match the real car. Or they just went the hell with it? imo, FF on a Porsche is blasphemy.
I know -- weird, eh?

Here are the TCS rules:

Originally Posted by TCS Rules
GT-4 (FF-03) Porsche Cup Challenge
The GT-4 class is an exhibition class that is open to all TCS current and former champions. It
is also open to new racers of the series, RC Media and anyone wishing to participate in this
new and exciting class.

1. Legal chassis platform: FF-03
2. Body Rule: For the TCS Finals the Porsche 911 GT-3 Cup body must be used. There
are two available. Items 51336 and 51361. The kit Polycarbonate wing must be used.
3. Motor rules: TBD
4. Batter rules: Any TCS legal battery is legal for this class.
5. Tamiya 24mm tires and spoke wheels only. (Dish wheels are banned from GT-4)
6. Any pinion and spur gear ratio combo is permitted.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

I know -- weird, eh?

Here are the TCS rules:
that is weird... does the Porsche body even fit on the FF03? The gear cover goes pretty high above the wheels iirc.

btw, I drove my m05 today at an exhibition race. Don't really get to play with it often, but love how the FF handles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.