Like Tree220Likes

Tamiya FF03

Old 06-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OSherman
lol.. might be my ONLY class... but uhmmm, yeah... thats the plan..
Only problem with that, is.......

You might have to go out and buy a $200 speed control for brushed motors that you will never use again.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Only problem with that, is.......

You might have to go out and buy a $200 speed control for brushed motors that you will never use again.
nope... im sitting on 3... all that ive raced in the past.. all work perfectly fine..

Old 06-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

nope... im sitting on 3... all that ive raced in the past.. all work perfectly fine..

That is good news,

but now you need to go out and buy a different body!

Sorry

Oh btw, did the manual help you at all?
Old 06-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Sure does look good and stable in the vid, and to think it has same tyres all round and a Golf shell, sure does look better than the FF01 handling wise.

Mine can't arrive fast enough
Old 06-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

That is good news,

but now you need to go out and buy a different body!

Sorry

Oh btw, did the manual help you at all?
i can swing $35 for a body... that is fun, trying different bodies.. and you never get 'pulled 5 feet on the straight in a 'spec' class just because of a different body.. . nor do you blow up motors trying to get every ounce to match your rivals..

SPEEDO-of-the-month? not-so-fun..

OMG...dont get me started on why boost should not be allowed in 'spec' class... lol

Manual helped a ton. thanks... i thought i sent you an e-mail..
Old 06-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

i can swing $35 for a body... that is fun, trying different bodies.. and you never get 'pulled 5 feet on the straight in a 'spec' class just because of a different body.. . nor do you blow up motors trying to get every ounce to match your rivals..

SPEEDO-of-the-month? not-so-fun..

OMG...dont get me started on why boost should not be allowed in 'spec' class... lol

Manual helped a ton. thanks... i thought i sent you an e-mail..
Speeder of the week,

Motor of the week,

Tires of the week,

Battery of the week,

There will always be something of the week, as someone finds loopholes.

And you sent a thank you email
Old 06-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Speeder of the week,

Motor of the week,

Tires of the week,

Battery of the week,

There will always be something of the week, as someone finds loopholes.

And you sent a thank you email
true... but these latest boosty-bits.. very-significant.. its like "landing on the moon" significant..

the other lil speed secrets and tweaks are waayyy less significant, thats just racing..
Old 06-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just got back from a club race and it was fun I actually got the look like "why you driving an fwd car"

I ran the silver can class running 540J motor. Sorex 37 with med inserts all around. 70wt f/ 40wt r with stock springs. It sure is a different car to drive from a 4wd car. I had to actually raise the throttle trim so that it would keep rolling when i let go of the throttle. Out of 6 cars i was running 3rd not to bad for a first run out of the box. Yup i was running dogbones

hopefully next week i can have more time with setup.

now just waiting for the sways to come out

thanks !
Old 06-17-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Now that I got my kit from LHS, wondering when FF03 specific parts will be available. Namely the diff and gear sets.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

bro kentech, your video is adding the poison into my brain!! sure it look handle like the FWD m chassis but with more speed in & out of corner! It seem like the car have pently of steering without the rear been throw out, great news!!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Happy Camper!!

not quite finish building the kit.. but, what a nice platform this is!!. very cool design.. gonna be tons of fun..

a lil bit of play at the SpurGear. might be a lil tricky to get 64pt gears to mesh perfectly. but hey, my TA05v2 isnt perfect either. alum spur adapter may help some.. really smooth diff/gearbox!! longitudinal chassis stiffness is great. not too much twist in the chassis. very narrow!!

rear end assembly is very interesting.. very easy to change wheelbase.. yet still very adjustable. NICE!!!

Think i just found my new favorite kit... anyone wanting to graduate from the mini M0* series will find this a nice step..

cant really think of anything the kit 'needs'

Bravo TAMIYA!!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

not quite finish building the kit.. but, what a nice platform this is!!. very cool design.. gonna be tons of fun..

a lil bit of play at the SpurGear. might be a lil tricky to get 64pt gears to mesh perfectly. but hey, my TA05v2 isnt perfect either. alum spur adapter may help some.. really smooth diff/gearbox!! longitudinal chassis stiffness is great. not too much twist in the chassis. very narrow!!

rear end assembly is very interesting.. very easy to change wheelbase.. yet still very adjustable. NICE!!!

Think i just found my new favorite kit... anyone wanting to graduate from the mini M0* series will find this a nice step..

Bravo TAMIYA!!
can't wait to get mine next week!
Nice to see a TC that is different from the same old 4WD platform. I was getting sick from the lack of creativity these days. Though it may not handle as good in the faster classes, it is a perfect platform for beginners. Cheap, easy to maintain, less parts, etc. I'm just all excited because my roots of TC racing was the FF01. Got the TA02 later on and sold it, but couldn't let the FF01 go for some reason

Just from the standpoint of observation, I think it will need a sway bar set and a solid steering rack if it is anything like the TB/TA ones. Then again, we all know what Tamiya is capable of, so we will get suckered into the "bling". I know I'll get those carbon reinforced plastic parts.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Bravo TAMIYA!!
so what should we race with? 17.5? 21.5?

let me know if u can do a club race up here.. my SX4 will take down your GOLF. we'll rally the troops.

i think 17.5/non boost.. with FWD bodies only (meaning the car has to be FWD in real life.. not like a Porsche. )
Old 06-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
so what should we race with? 17.5? 21.5?

let me know if u can do a club race up there.. my SX4 will take down your GOLF. we'll rally the troops.

i think 17.5/non boost.. with FWD bodies only (meaning the car has to be FWD in real life.. not like a Porsche. )
17.5 Boost-less would be pretty fun, and enough to burn some rubber tires.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by inpuressa
can't wait to get mine next week!
Nice to see a TC that is different from the same old 4WD platform. I was getting sick from the lack of creativity these days. Though it may not handle as good in the faster classes, it is a perfect platform for beginners. Cheap, easy to maintain, less parts, etc. I'm just all excited because my roots of TC racing was the FF01. Got the TA02 later on and sold it, but couldn't let the FF01 go for some reason

Just from the standpoint of observation, I think it will need a sway bar set and a solid steering rack if it is anything like the TB/TA ones. Then again, we all know what Tamiya is capable of, so we will get suckered into the "bling". I know I'll get those carbon reinforced plastic parts.
i agree.. nice change of pace. this being my first ever FWD 1/10sedan (non-M0* series) im really looking forward to learning the platform and racing it..

Steering rack is similar to the TA05 platforms... of which i still use the carbon-plastic bits..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.