R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree23Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2011, 01:08 PM   #2266
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrss View Post
Has anyone tried the Hobbywing 13T EZRUN 3650M (380 sized) series motor?

Does it have enough torque and power to pull ff03 versus the true 540 sized motors?

I have run the motor twice already, seems to run a little hot with the stock gearing.

Just want to get some general inputs from the experts.

TIA,
Ron
I run the 9turn together with the 35A ESC. The timing set on 3.75deg, punch 5 from 9. Gearing: 30 pinion and 80 spur dp48.
My indoor and outdoor track is rather tight, so a lot of accelerating. Temps are fine (somewhat warm), but I did cut the "grill"of the car for some airflow.

The stock plastic diff halves WILL melt. Don't even try, you will ruin diff-balls and what not.

B.
BenjaminX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:13 PM   #2267
Tech Adept
 
clittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminX2 View Post
I run the 9turn together with the 35A ESC. The timing set on 3.75deg, punch 5 from 9. Gearing: 30 pinion and 80 spur dp48.
My indoor and outdoor track is rather tight, so a lot of accelerating. Temps are fine (somewhat warm), but I did cut the "grill"of the car for some airflow.

The stock plastic diff halves WILL melt. Don't even try, you will ruin diff-balls and what not.

B.
May I ask what body you are running? and has the grill affected the downforce or feeling of the car at all?

I have a similar problem with really high temps and with gearing can get it down but I'd like to see how some more airflow would help.

Cheers.
__________________
Latest is a Tamiya TB04 Pro..... Love it!!!
Aussie in Japan!
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #2268
Tech Initiate
 
FFO3EG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bellingham
Posts: 21
Default

Hey guys i was wondering what Universal shaft set to purchase for my FF-03, i noticed that my drive shaft was rubbing on the front knuckles of my car.
FFO3EG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #2269
Tech Adept
 
clittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFO3EG View Post
Hey guys i was wondering what Universal shaft set to purchase for my FF-03, i noticed that my drive shaft was rubbing on the front knuckles of my car.
I've got the Aluminum 46mm Swing Shaft (53724) and the TB03 Wheel Axle (54076). I think you can also get the 44mm Swing Shaft from what I've read.

Also the TRF417 Wheel Axle set uses a slightly different way of clamping the pin into position which I believe is better.

Basically, I found most of my options parts from here. http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/tami...010/index.html

Cheers
__________________
Latest is a Tamiya TB04 Pro..... Love it!!!
Aussie in Japan!
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #2270
Tech Initiate
 
FFO3EG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bellingham
Posts: 21
Default

Thanks a ton! i've been out of the R/C car scene for a long time, tryin to learn about all the new stuff and upgrades.

Do those swing shafts come with a Pin to place into the wheel hub?
__________________
Current: CTR FF-03
FFO3EG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:51 PM   #2271
Tech Adept
 
clittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFO3EG View Post
Thanks a ton! i've been out of the R/C car scene for a long time, tryin to learn about all the new stuff and upgrades.

Do those swing shafts come with a Pin to place into the wheel hub?
Sorry, no. The shafts are just the shafts. If you got TB03 route, then you'll have to get the pins and "holder" (little black tubes that hold the pin and grub screw" separately (There's a part number for it somewhere but I'm sorry I don't have it, I think it's a common part for most of the tamiya universal swing shafts)

If you go the 417 route, I believe the clip and pin are also a separate buy, but don't quote me on that

Cheers
__________________
Latest is a Tamiya TB04 Pro..... Love it!!!
Aussie in Japan!
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:18 AM   #2272
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clittle View Post
May I ask what body you are running? and has the grill affected the downforce or feeling of the car at all?

I have a similar problem with really high temps and with gearing can get it down but I'd like to see how some more airflow would help.

Cheers.
I run the stock civic body (eg or ek ) ) and I didn't notice a difference. I might lack experience to notice, because the last RC I rode 5 years ago was a 1/8 nitro buggy.
I did notice a change in tires/setup .

In general, be certain that your transmission isn't binding. My diff/gear case had rather bad tolerances.

B.

p.s.
That hottest day I drove, was like 30 degree Celsius. 86F.
BenjaminX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:47 AM   #2273
Tech Fanatic
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 852
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

58505 VW Scirocco GT24-CNG (FF-03 Chassis) Tamiya Release Date : Nov
__________________
kentech.wordpress.com

Last edited by kentech; 09-13-2011 at 04:08 AM.
kentech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:50 AM   #2274
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentech View Post
58505 VW Sirocco GT24-CNG (FF-03 Chassis) Tamiya Release Date : Nov
Awesome ....

Wish they would release my Renault Megane RS250
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:39 AM   #2275
Tech Adept
 
clittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminX2 View Post
I run the stock civic body (eg or ek ) ) and I didn't notice a difference. I might lack experience to notice, because the last RC I rode 5 years ago was a 1/8 nitro buggy.
I did notice a change in tires/setup .

In general, be certain that your transmission isn't binding. My diff/gear case had rather bad tolerances.

B.

p.s.
That hottest day I drove, was like 30 degree Celsius. 86F.
Thanks for that. I'm currently running the Porsche GT3 body and on a 35 deg day the temps were 90 ish (celcius). A little bit on the high side I think.
__________________
Latest is a Tamiya TB04 Pro..... Love it!!!
Aussie in Japan!
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #2276
Tech Initiate
 
FFO3EG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bellingham
Posts: 21
Default

Thanks for the help, ill try to find the Part# for the grub screws and such.

Also im starting to hear some light grinding when i let off the accelerator, wondering if its the Diff.
__________________
Current: CTR FF-03

Last edited by FFO3EG; 09-13-2011 at 06:12 PM.
FFO3EG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #2277
Tech Adept
 
clittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFO3EG View Post
Thanks for the help, ill try to find the Part# for the grub screws and such.

Also im starting to hear some light grinding when i let off the accelerator, wondering if its the Diff.
Grinding is never good How's the mesh between your pinion and spur gears?
__________________
Latest is a Tamiya TB04 Pro..... Love it!!!
Aussie in Japan!
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #2278
Tech Initiate
 
FFO3EG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bellingham
Posts: 21
Default

It is sitting with enough clearance to grab without danger of slipping, i wanted to take the Diff box off and check it out but one of the screws stripped out from the bottom of the car kissing the ground a bit, so i guess i might just get a spec R gearbox or rebuild the Tamiya one with new parts and upgraded idler,Diff, and spur gear.

Im sure im just being paranoid, i build car engines for my K-series so when i hear a noise i go bat shit crazy.
__________________
Current: CTR FF-03
FFO3EG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:40 PM   #2279
Tech Adept
 
clittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 138
Default Stipped it down and found a problem

I've just stripped down my FF03 for some maintenance. I've just noticed that I tend to be splitting my tires around the wall. Where the tire is glued to the rim it's ok, but just above there both my front tyres have split. I'm running a 21.5 with Hobbywing 120A Xerun system. I wouldn't have thought I was creating that much drive to split the tyres..... Has anyone else had this trouble and any ideas on how I can not have it happen again?
__________________
Latest is a Tamiya TB04 Pro..... Love it!!!
Aussie in Japan!
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:42 AM   #2280
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clittle View Post
I've just noticed that I tend to be splitting my tires around the wall. Where the tire is glued to the rim it's ok, but just above there both my front tyres have split. I'm running a 21.5 with Hobbywing 120A Xerun system. I wouldn't have thought I was creating that much drive to split the tyres..... Has anyone else had this trouble and any ideas on how I can not have it happen again?
I have the same problem with a set of LRP VTEC 27 (x, or something) wheels. I glue them after every run
With the LRP VTEC CPX (low height type, carpet) I do not have this problem.
Also, I do not encounter the problem with my sweep 32 tires, mounted on hard Robitronic dish wheels and I do have more grip with these!

Seems to me it depends on the tires.



B.
BenjaminX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 21025 Yesterday 02:38 PM
M03/M05's - The Aussie Mini Racing thread tony gray Australian Racing 5789 04-27-2017 10:11 PM
FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF Mike Schumacher Electric On-Road 724 04-03-2017 12:43 PM
New Gen Front Wheel Drive Touring Cars (TAMIYA FF-03 PRO, T.O.P. Sabre FD) Rod M Australian Racing 34 06-11-2012 11:28 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:06 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net