R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2011, 04:40 AM   #2056
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 5,733
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartix View Post
Nice job Steve.
Body was painted by my friend Dave at Bodywerx. He actually did two identical bodies like this for me.

http://www.bodywerx.net/
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #2057
Tech Addict
 
rc_square24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 674
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

How does the ff03 fair againt 4wd tcs in the 17.5 class?
rc_square24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:13 AM   #2058
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: nr Birmingham (not so sunny England!)
Posts: 58
Send a message via AIM to Waco
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_square24 View Post
How does the ff03 fair againt 4wd tcs in the 17.5 class?

IMHO I have just completed the Winter Series at Bedworth in the Stock 27T brushed & 17.5 brushless (with Turbo option) & without a doubt the 17.5 is quicker on the straight (I was using 27T brushed)

Since I have stood the shocks upright, there is no more mid corner twitching which I hated & now that I can commit to the corners with little fear of flicking out. On the infield where speed is not quite so important, I actually gained ground as I was able to take the inside lines of some of the corners where the 4 wheel drives were 'pushing'.

The summer series is due to start in 2 weeks & the 17.5 will now be non-turbo & the 21.5 will be turbos/ advanced timing or both (I'll be trying the 21.5), so I'll keep you posted.
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:16 AM   #2059
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
IMHO I have just completed the Winter Series at Bedworth in the Stock 27T brushed & 17.5 brushless (with Turbo option) & without a doubt the 17.5 is quicker on the straight (I was using 27T brushed)

Since I have stood the shocks upright, there is no more mid corner twitching which I hated & now that I can commit to the corners with little fear of flicking out. On the infield where speed is not quite so important, I actually gained ground as I was able to take the inside lines of some of the corners where the 4 wheel drives were 'pushing'.

The summer series is due to start in 2 weeks & the 17.5 will now be non-turbo & the 21.5 will be turbos/ advanced timing or both (I'll be trying the 21.5), so I'll keep you posted.
Haven't run mine for a while, but I have an X12 21.5 and a Tekin RS (not pro), so I may look at getting that put together (as GT is no more at my track).
Will just have to work out which dates dont clash with my club, and when the other half hasn't arranged anything.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:46 AM   #2060
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 18
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I finally got to dirve one of these and I am hooked!! anybody have a used one they would part with? Also, is there any real difference between the pro kit and the standard kit in terms of performance?
4x4moneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:03 AM   #2061
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 289
Default

I am selling my 100% upgraded ff03 pro. 100% TCS legal.


Sent you a PM.

FS: FF03 Pro 100% upgraded also VFS-1


I have a few 'low ball' offers so not sold yet.
__________________
Michael Zufelt

It's not how you stand next to your car, it's how you race your car.

http://www.dynamichobbies.com
TheZoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:51 PM   #2062
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: nr Birmingham (not so sunny England!)
Posts: 58
Send a message via AIM to Waco
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo View Post
Haven't run mine for a while, but I have an X12 21.5 and a Tekin RS (not pro), so I may look at getting that put together (as GT is no more at my track).
Will just have to work out which dates dont clash with my club, and when the other half hasn't arranged anything.
Sounds great! Hope you (& anyone else out there) can make it...
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #2063
Tech Addict
 
rc_square24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 674
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Whats a recommended fdr for start with a 380 size 3000kv/13.5T motor on the hobbywing no timing profile?

Thanks
rc_square24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:03 AM   #2064
Tech Rookie
 
Showbiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_square24 View Post
Whats a recommended fdr for start with a 380 size 3000kv/13.5T motor on the hobbywing no timing profile?

Thanks
It have also use 3000kv sp, my FDR is around 5.9, which it could enough for my local track, where the straight is no so important. Howevr I think that it could be better if I push my FDR down to be 5.3 - 5.4. (or might be 5)
Showbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:31 AM   #2065
Tech Addict
 
rc_square24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 674
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showbiz View Post
It have also use 3000kv sp, my FDR is around 5.9, which it could enough for my local track, where the straight is no so important. Howevr I think that it could be better if I push my FDR down to be 5.3 - 5.4. (or might be 5)
Just came back from the track, it's an indoor carpet track med-large size I'd say about 90'.

I started with 5.3 (96/47) and got pretty good speed all around. The car was pushing (under) a lot on infield and my diff rings came loose by the 2nd run.

I use the plastic outdrives, shoo-goo doesn't seem to stick very well on the drives. Any tips?

Thanks.
rc_square24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:34 AM   #2066
Tech Fanatic
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 849
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

To be announced at Shizuoka:

Tungsten Balls for Thrust Bearing (8 pcs)
3/32 inch Ceramic Diff Ball (12 pcs)
FF-03 Carbon Toughened Lower Deck

__________________
kentech.wordpress.com
kentech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:47 AM   #2067
Tech Master
 
PizzaDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Parts Unkown
Posts: 1,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentech View Post
To be announced at Shizuoka:

Tungsten Balls for Thrust Bearing (8 pcs)
3/32 inch Ceramic Diff Ball (12 pcs)
FF-03 Carbon Toughened Lower Deck

No geardiff??!!
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:27 AM   #2068
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 743
Default

No they can't just re label the Spec-R gear diff this time because you need the Spec-R gear case too.
__________________
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Motiv RC 4.5
Xray T4 2017 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ R1 Wurks 13.5
Xray X12 2016 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 ~ Orca TX 4.5

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:01 AM   #2069
Tech Master
 
PizzaDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Parts Unkown
Posts: 1,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitee View Post
No they can't just re label the Spec-R gear diff this time because you need the Spec-R gear case too.
So they'll offer that as well as a package or a separate option...
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:41 AM   #2070
Tech Fanatic
 
kentech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 849
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaDude View Post
No geardiff??!!
TA06 (with same gearbox) to come standard with newly designed gear diffs...

sccchhhh...
__________________
kentech.wordpress.com
kentech is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20852 01-21-2017 08:29 PM
FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF Mike Schumacher Electric On-Road 711 01-08-2017 09:27 AM
M03/M05's - The Aussie Mini Racing thread tony gray Australian Racing 5774 09-23-2016 10:49 PM
New Gen Front Wheel Drive Touring Cars (TAMIYA FF-03 PRO, T.O.P. Sabre FD) Rod M Australian Racing 34 06-11-2012 12:28 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:38 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0