R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree21Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2011, 12:33 AM   #1861
Tech Master
 
PizzaDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Parts Unkown
Posts: 1,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Glad you like the rules etc.

It took me a little bit of time to set up the rules and the class and the motor/ESC combo were chosen based on that all brands of FWD car could achieve the gearing.

As for the bodyshell choice of realistic bodies ... it just had to be. We also managed to convince the event organiser to swap to spoked rims for even more realism
I run the Soolaris tires with spoked rims on my FF. Indeed it looks sooooo much better.
Me like
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:41 AM   #1862
Tech Master
 
mikeygar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,190
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Hey Cannon, I've been following this thread closely and am looking forward to seeing you guys run at the TITC. I will be there along with the other Filipino entrants but will be running the mod class since I have not had any tracktime with my FF03 yet. Am eager to see what setup you guys will be running cheers and good luck!!!
__________________
Manila On-Road RC on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ManilaRC
mikeygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:51 AM   #1863
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygar View Post
Hey Cannon, I've been following this thread closely and am looking forward to seeing you guys run at the TITC. I will be there along with the other Filipino entrants but will be running the mod class since I have not had any tracktime with my FF03 yet. Am eager to see what setup you guys will be running cheers and good luck!!!
Good to hear you are coming to TITC.

You should enter FWD class. They are not that complicated to set up and with control tyre and control ESC/motor we are all in the same situation.

Setup has not been too hard so far . The FF03 will hang on well, even when using the TITC control tyre (have some for testing)

Looking at your name, I thought you had entered 11.5 class?
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:03 AM   #1864
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 869
Default

Here are some pictures of my FF03 PRO with body
Hope you all like it as much as i do


addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:13 AM   #1865
Tech Master
 
mikeygar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,190
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Good to hear you are coming to TITC.

You should enter FWD class. They are not that complicated to set up and with control tyre and control ESC/motor we are all in the same situation.

Setup has not been too hard so far . The FF03 will hang on well, even when using the TITC control tyre (have some for testing)

Looking at your name, I thought you had entered 11.5 class?

Hehehe, you're right, i'm in 11.5 open brushless. My mistake

Will be running my FF03 in our local TCS and see how it goes, but for the meantime, will observe what you guys do. Am actually tempted to run 2 classes in the TITC but will focus on the touring car first got enough luggage to haul around!

Cheers!
__________________
Manila On-Road RC on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ManilaRC
mikeygar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #1866
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: nr Birmingham (not so sunny England!)
Posts: 58
Send a message via AIM to Waco
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Waco

At the huge TITC event in Thailand (60 entries for FWD) we are using the Hobbywing Justock ESC and 13.5 motor. Both have no timing so equal for all. This combo allows gearing to be achieved relatively easily. We have been running that combo here in Australia and it works great ... good speed without being crazy.

If you need help finding that system let me know
Thanks Cannon ( & NiMo & others!) for the response... I should have mentioned that the 17.5 is stock (no advance or turbo) & that will likely be mixing it with 21.5 turbos/ timing ESCs... Apparently it should be close, although, being a 27x1 stock man of old, I like the idea of the close racing without 'cooking' the motor (which tends to go hand in hand with the 'turbo/ timing' ESCs- as I understand it to be )

I have bought the Speed Passion 17.5 Ultra Sportsman & hope that my leap of faith won't be thwarted!
Waco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #1867
Tech Master
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,916
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

At my local carpet track, last week we ran with VTA 25.5 no timing and FF03 silvercan. Our lap time were very close, just a hair faster.... So I would say if you threw a 25.5 in the FF03 you may get the same result as a silvercan.
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #1868
Tech Champion
 
gashuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RcVille
Posts: 5,230
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

FF-03's are much lighter than VTA. Did you have to add weight?
__________________
T-Sal
gashuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #1869
Tech Adept
 
jeffmo63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD View Post
Which length of the FF03 is the best handling version.
I built mine long and run a Honda VTI body. She seems to be handling well with the exception of the occasional traction roll. I am running the spec tires and a 4.8 fdr. Per a recommendation I may try the type C tires and sway bars. Good luck and have fun.
__________________
Tamiya USA (M-05, TT-01), Team XRAY (T3 '11), 2nd place finish FF03 at TCS Memphis 2011.
jeffmo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:03 AM   #1870
MD
Tech Elite
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,670
Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)
Default

jeffmo63 - Thanks for the feedback. Does it drive something like your mini?
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #1871
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygar View Post
Hehehe, you're right, i'm in 11.5 open brushless. My mistake

Will be running my FF03 in our local TCS and see how it goes, but for the meantime, will observe what you guys do. Am actually tempted to run 2 classes in the TITC but will focus on the touring car first got enough luggage to haul around!

Cheers!

You realise that by running just one class you will only get to race once every 5 houyrs !!!!!!
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #1872
Tech Master
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,916
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
FF-03's are much lighter than VTA. Did you have to add weight?
no weight added. 4.8 FDR, long wheelbase. Just an observation. last night our fastest FF03 was 1 tenth of a second slower the fastest VTA.
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #1873
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waco View Post
Thanks Cannon ( & NiMo & others!) for the response... I should have mentioned that the 17.5 is stock (no advance or turbo) & that will likely be mixing it with 21.5 turbos/ timing ESCs... Apparently it should be close, although, being a 27x1 stock man of old, I like the idea of the close racing without 'cooking' the motor (which tends to go hand in hand with the 'turbo/ timing' ESCs- as I understand it to be )


I have bought the Speed Passion 17.5 Ultra Sportsman & hope that my leap of faith won't be thwarted!
Non timed 17.5 are hard to gear up on the FF03. That is why we picked 13.5 as it is easier to gear and not that slow. Our speed is similar to turbo 21.5
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:17 AM   #1874
Tech Champion
 
gashuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RcVille
Posts: 5,230
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmo63 View Post
I built mine long and run a Honda VTI body. She seems to be handling well with the exception of the occasional traction roll. I am running the spec tires and a 4.8 fdr. Per a recommendation I may try the type C tires and sway bars. Good luck and have fun.
The C type tires work fantastic on carpet. Definitely try them. I need to get sway bars too.
__________________
T-Sal
gashuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #1875
Tech Master
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,916
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
The C type tires work fantastic on carpet. Definitely try them. I need to get sway bars too.
It seems I have plenty of traction with the B3 tires on a fairly Green Layout. Wont the Type C tires additional traction cause traction roll? Debating to spend the 30 bucks just to experiment.
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20960 Today 07:10 AM
M03/M05's - The Aussie Mini Racing thread tony gray Australian Racing 5782 03-26-2017 03:14 AM
FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF Mike Schumacher Electric On-Road 723 02-09-2017 08:16 AM
New Gen Front Wheel Drive Touring Cars (TAMIYA FF-03 PRO, T.O.P. Sabre FD) Rod M Australian Racing 34 06-11-2012 11:28 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:50 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net