Old 04-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

looks like this race is shapping up to be a veryy good one !!! I like it
Old 04-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keven H
looks like this race is shapping up to be a veryy good one !!! I like it

Hey Kev, how many people are coming from up your way?? Oh thats right Moose don't have thumbs.

Seriously though I hope to see you there, it should be a good race if all that are planning to attend do so.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schurcr
The list of Sportsman esc is TBD at this time. We are currently working with the ESC mfr's to devise a fair list and we hope to have that available in the next 1-2 weeks.
How's that list coming along? Any sort of update? Are these esc's going to be a 0 timing ESC? Several ESC's have the ability of just removing all timing, are those ESC's going to be an option?
Old 05-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Just posted on ROAR. Now we know...In plenty of time...Thanks ROAR.

•April 6, 2010 – ROAR is happy to announced the 2010 Competition Classes to be contested at the 2010 ROAR Electric On-Road Paved National Championship. This years class structure will include a new concept in ROAR National Championship racing, The Sportsman Touring Car class that will use a named list of esc’s and 17.5 brushless motors to provide a fair and even playing field and the reduction in speeds ROAR members have been asking for. The traditional Stock division has been replaced by the Expert division and the Modified division has been replaced by the Open division. The classes to be contested will be as follows:
Sportsman TC
Expert TC (17.5)
Open TC
Expert 1/12th (17.5)
Open 1/12th
Expert World GT (13.5)

Sportsman Divisions will race using the ROAR Sportsman Participant National Guidelines (http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...guidelines.pdf), ROAR approved 17.5 brushless motors and Sportsman approved esc list. The list will be compiled and posted for member use in the coming weeks.

Expert division will use ROAR approved motor winds as designated in the class list and open esc’s.

Open Divisions can use any 1:10 Class Motor Approved . All motors and batteries used must be published on the ROAR Products listing 14 Days prior to start of the event.

The 2010 ROAR On-Road National Championship is scheduled for August 5-8, 2010 Hosted by Nor Cal Hobbies (www.norcal-hobbies.com ) Union City, California USA.

Event Registration opens May 5, 2010. Registration can be done online at www.ROARracing.com
Its May 5th and I'm still waiting for the online registration to open.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Approved ESC list.

--pakk
Old 05-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default ESC List

Thanks Pakk!
Old 05-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hedaria
Thanks Pakk!
+1
Old 05-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pakk
An Announcement related to the Sportsman Class ESC List should be posted on the ROAR Website shortly.

If a Speedo is not listed please dont start flamming. It may be due to the Firmware needing a revision by the manufacturer before it can be added. And several are in the process of doing just that.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JDCrow
An Announcement related to the Sportsman Class ESC List should be posted on the ROAR Website shortly.

If a Speedo is not listed please dont start flamming. It may be due to the Firmware needing a revision by the manufacturer before it can be added. And several are in the process of doing just that.

I was in the belief that ROAR were looking to have a limited list of spec speedies, (spec in both performance and price) using speedies like the SP Cirtix and the Novak Havoc), from Australia, a country who often looks to the US for guidance on its own rules, it is very disapointing its essentialy open slather (apart from the setting on the software)
Old 05-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe

I was in the belief that ROAR were looking to have a limited list of spec speedies, (spec in both performance and price) using speedies like the SP Cirtix and the Novak Havoc), from Australia, a country who often looks to the US for guidance on its own rules, it is very disapointing its essentialy open slather (apart from the setting on the software)
Oh fine...The flaming starts from Down Under.

Understandable because it is already tomorrow there...
Old 05-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Is it too soon to pat myself on the back for the blinking LED spec profile idea? I took a lot of *ish for it back in December!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6732504-post1.html

I see an SPX on the list with no mention of what profile. Is the one with reverse timing free? Also, no mention of the GTB's Novak flashed with new firmware that added timing. You might ask them about that.

I have a feeling my SXX SS will be back in the car before long to prepare for some similar ESC rules for IIC. Interesting changes are afoot.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Oh fine...The flaming starts from Down Under.

Understandable because it is already tomorrow there...
No Mate, no flames as we obviously wont be following ROAR on this one.
I was chatting with Shawn Palmer on this matter last month and (he is a wealth of information), at the time he could not comment on the units within the lists, however i got the feeling there was going to be a true list of spec units. Leaving it open like that list will only lead to distrust, and do nothing to limit the scalating costs of what should be a spec class.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
No Mate, no flames as we obviously wont be following ROAR on this one.
I was chatting with Shawn Palmer on this matter last month and (he is a wealth of information), at the time he could not comment on the units within the lists, however i got the feeling there was going to be a true list of spec units. Leaving it open like that list will only lead to distrust, and do nothing to limit the scalating costs of what should be a spec class.
The escalating costs aren't as bad as you want to believe. Every ESC on this list can be found for less than $200 US. I can remember brushed ESC's that cost that much or more at one point in their life cycle span. Keynce and LRP both had units that were just as expensive if not more. I can remember spending upwards of +$200 for a Novak Cyclone and the programming unit 10+ years ago. No one complained about those pieces of equipment or their prices in what was a spec class, Stock Touring Car.

ROAR as a sanctioning body can't build rules for or around the use of a single manufacturers product. We wanted to be as inclusive as possible as to eliminate the financial burden for racers by not composing the list of only non programmable esc's that meet the criteria set. Thus forcing racers to source old legacy equipment or buy one of the newer esc's on the list.

Why force racers to buy a lesser quality (internal components), lower cost unit that will have to be upgraded by more $$$$ and new equipment when that racer is ready to make the move up if we can make the more flexible, no cost upgradable unit do the exact same thing??

To me this looks like a win win for all, manfacurer and racer.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

instead of teching part# on non-modifyable hardware (doable) or tech'ing software (almost impossible), it is expected to tech software and/or speedy settings? sorry i dunno the term that comes after ROFLCOPTER!!!

Is someone seriously going to sit there and check flashing lights or worse before every race? I can see guys sitting at home practicing how fast they can change their SPX speedy settings already...
Old 05-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So is the online sign up going up soon????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.