Hot Bodies TCX

Old 03-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt W
Thanks Antoni,

Here is my current setup......

I run on a very grippy open carpet track and the car is very snatchy on the front end and very nearly grip rolls on corner entry after quick directional change......

2 degree ff and fr toe blocks
1mm under all toe blocks
4mm under all upper camber links
Front wheelbase, 2.75 front, 1mm rear
Rear wheelbase, 2 front, .75 rear
Rear hub, .75 front, 2 rear
4mm akerman
Front toe, 0
Rear toe, 3
Front camber- 1.5
Rear camber- 2
500 weight oil front
400 weight oil rear
1mm 3 hole pistons
Hpi Gold and silver springs
Front shock position, 1 on wishbone, 4 on tower
Rear shock position, 3 on wishbone 5 on tower
Front droop, 6
Rear droop, 5
1.4 front roll bar
1.2 rear roll bar
5mm ride height all round

I also glue the front tyre edge to help with grip roll......

Any thoughts?????
I would test between the 1mm and 1.5mm under the rear blocks to see what you like, a pink front spring as suggested, maybe even pink all round. Definatly change to a 1.1 3 hole piston and go back to 2mm under the camberlinks. But what i would try first is shock positions, try going back to the kit holes on the arms, maybe try the rear first, and go to hole pos 3 front, 4 rear on towers. If you still have issues try 2 front, 3 rear. That will take away a lot of the initial bite.
And if you still have traction roll after all of that, try 7-6 droop.

Hope something there will cure your problem

Antoni
Old 03-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (99%+)

i havent seen much talk about the Exotek txx chassis for the TCX has anyone tried it out and got any feedback im thinking of getting one but i want to make sure its worth it first
Old 03-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tha Beast
i havent seen much talk about the Exotek txx chassis for the TCX has anyone tried it out and got any feedback im thinking of getting one but i want to make sure its worth it first

... that and the Smokem chassis.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'm awful curious about the exotek myself . Any information would be appreciated gentlemen.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default Aftermarket Suspension Arms

Are there any alternatives to the stock suspension arms part number 67717?

I had 3 of these as spares and in less than 3 hours of running, I managed to break all of them. I can't believe how brittle these TCX suspension arms (and hubs) are. I'm seriously disappointed. Before anyone says "stop hitting walls", yes you are right. But I've been running my RS4 Pro for 14 years and have not broken any suspension parts yet! Just as a data point, I used my RS4 Pro for the remainder of the day for another 3 hours with no broken pieces...

I know there's a supposed to be a HPI High Traction Suspension Arm Set 31420 that's a little "softer". But they are never in stock. So for all intents and purposes, they don't exist.

Any other after market ones out there?
Old 03-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tha Beast
Originally Posted by jag88
... that and the Smokem chassis.
I have run both chassis on my cars on carpet now. Either one is for sure an upgrade from stock, they are both nice and narrow, and have the battery moved in with no extra work. The smokem chassis flexes more then the exotek, depending on what your looking for you can make the choice. I'l be running outside real soon so i'm not to sure just yet which will run better there. I have a bit of a fear of my battery flying out so my preference is the exotek untill smokem adds some retainers.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Armand

I had 3 of these as spares and in less than 3 hours of running, I managed to break all of them. I can't believe how brittle these TCX suspension arms (and hubs) are. I'm seriously disappointed. Before anyone says "stop hitting walls", yes you are right. But I've been running my RS4 Pro for 14 years and have not broken any suspension parts yet! Just as a data point, I used my RS4 Pro for the remainder of the day for another 3 hours with no broken pieces...

I know there's a supposed to be a HPI High Traction Suspension Arm Set 31420 that's a little "softer". But they are never in stock. So for all intents and purposes, they don't exist.

Hey, stop hitting things...

Use the 73506 arms. To me they seem a bit softer than the originals and are stronger. I see they are available online: http://hotbodiesonline.com/products/en/73506.html
Old 03-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Haynes
I have run both chassis on my cars on carpet now. Either one is for sure an upgrade from stock, they are both nice and narrow, and have the battery moved in with no extra work. The smokem chassis flexes more then the exotek, depending on what your looking for you can make the choice. I'l be running outside real soon so i'm not to sure just yet which will run better there. I have a bit of a fear of my battery flying out so my preference is the exotek untill smokem adds some retainers.
Do you have to "sand" the edges on these?
Old 03-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KHoff7
You're but he probably did already.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:03 PM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The Tamiya short arms like the ones on the 416 & 417 also fit.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by David Galdo
Hey, stop hitting things...

Use the 73506 arms. To me they seem a bit softer than the originals and are stronger. I see they are available online: http://hotbodiesonline.com/products/en/73506.html
Does this have the exact same geometry as the originals?

Originally Posted by CL
The Tamiya short arms like the ones on the 416 & 417 also fit.
Do you have the part number and does this have the exact same geometry as the originals?

Thanks guys...
Old 03-13-2011, 07:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Originally Posted by Jerry P
You're but he probably did already.
sanding carbon edges is overrated.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

i have a Cyclone WCE andy moore edition in good shape,
lots of hopups for your TCX!! PM me!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does this have the exact same geometry as the originals?

Do you have the part number and does this have the exact same geometry as the originals?

Thanks guys...
tamiya ones no diferent geometry orignal not sure probably not or why change them.

stu
Old 03-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Rookie

If I remember correctly, the 73506 make a slightly shorter wheelbase in the front. Despite, the geometry remains the same.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.