Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Everything is out of stock right now. To be honest, I'm really disappointed in the parts support for the new chassis...

Hopefully this situation rectifies itself in the next month or so - I really only need the 46mm bones, so hopefully those are restocked soon...
Old 12-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Questions??

Originally Posted by AGNO
I positioned the bearing holder to the maximum possible position and the belt is properly tensioned, At the rear, I chose one step less the maximum position getting the correct tension.
In fact i have TCX now but not starting building yet, i want using gear diff in front, so i decided now, after chatting with you, using 38T pulley gear diff in front and original diff cup with 38T pulley of Sakura in rear.

Unfortunately, as you said new 39T could not worth due larger pitch, so i said before "larger belt in front", just because i think just put 39T gear diff of 3racing could help little with small adjustment in bearing holder even is different pitch, to keeping original pulley in the rear, but you said is not enough and worth, is too tight.

Anyway, thanks from your help!
Old 12-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Questions??

Originally Posted by Dog Bone
Everything is out of stock right now. To be honest, I'm really disappointed in the parts support for the new chassis...

Hopefully this situation rectifies itself in the next month or so - I really only need the 46mm bones, so hopefully those are restocked soon...
Could sakura ones of 3racing, maybe HD ones, i heard it's too 46mm with same size of diff cup cushion.
Could Somebody confirm if is possible using 3racing's bones and roller joints, please?

Best regards
Old 12-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mac853
In fact i have TCX now but not starting building yet, i want using gear diff in front, so i decided now, after chatting with you, using 38T pulley gear diff in front and original diff cup with 38T pulley of Sakura in rear.

Unfortunately, as you said new 39T could not worth due larger pitch, so i said before "larger belt in front", just because i think just put 39T gear diff of 3racing could help little with small adjustment in bearing holder even is different pitch, to keeping original pulley in the rear, but you said is not enough and worth, is too tight.

Anyway, thanks from your help!
Unfortunately the new 39T pulleys 3Racing are not really usable (at least my two), are completely wrong, I noticed that the centering of the hole for the axle is wrong, in addition to the pitch and the diameter of the pulley.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

sadly, parts are hard to get for all Japanese touring cars.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Does anyone think that hot bodies will come out with a gear diff to get around all the hack type solutions that people are improvising with?
Old 12-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anyone know if these will fit the TCX? Any mods necessary?

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4963
Old 12-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jmackani
Does anyone think that hot bodies will come out with a gear diff to get around all the hack type solutions that people are improvising with?
In January you will come out differential gear Spec-R
Old 12-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AGNO
In January you will come out differential gear Spec-R
Thanks Agno. I noticed most setups are running pink springs. Is there a chart of spring rates anywhere? Springs seem to be hard to find in stock, so I have an xray also that I may be able to use something with the same rate if I could get the numbers.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ty
Anyone know if these will fit the TCX? Any mods necessary?

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4963
I am also asking but only the bones and roller joint, not the shaft.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

the pin is not as big as on the HB driveshaft........

if you have some broke HB shafts, push the pin through, then get your tamiya, 3 racing or what ever 46mm steel shafts, push the pin through, and re-drill the shaft for the correct size pin.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:06 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Agno. I noticed most setups are running pink springs. Is there a chart of spring rates anywhere? Springs seem to be hard to find in stock, so I have an xray also that I may be able to use something with the same rate if I could get the numbers.
Spring chart HPI/HB Hara

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...1&d=1293267857
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies TCX-tabella-molle.jpg  
Old 12-25-2010, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
the pin is not as big as on the HB driveshaft........

if you have some broke HB shafts, push the pin through, then get your tamiya, 3 racing or what ever 46mm steel shafts, push the pin through, and re-drill the shaft for the correct size pin.
In fact i have describe Sakura's diff cushion could fit in tamiya's bones, why don't we use TRF 46mm steel bones with Sakura's cushion, be possible?

Best regards and Merry X'mas

Last edited by mac853; 12-25-2010 at 02:54 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Most items are in stock south of the border;

stormerhobbies.com
Old 12-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

You know, as I am building my TCX now, i am finding it annoying that the "standard" kit setup doesn't contain the parts that the pros are using as their "base" setup. So not only is the kit $460ish, but now we will need to cough up more money for additional items no matter how small (for ex- 40w shock oil, 3 hole pistons, springs, and they don't even include cheap allen wrenches)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.