Hot Bodies TCX

Old 09-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Default Spur Gear Size

I have just returned to racing and notice everyone is using smaller spur gears 98 - 88. Why does the TCX come with such a big spur gear?
Old 09-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Just confirming from those who already have a TCX kit, the kist does NOT come with a one-way clutch? But only a ball diff at the rear and a spool at the front???
Old 09-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubblehead
I have just returned to racing and notice everyone is using smaller spur gears 98 - 88. Why does the TCX come with such a big spur gear?
Modified racing still requires higher gear ratios, unlike the current crop of brushless stock/spec racing motors.

-Korey
Old 09-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by M3Armand
Just confirming from those who already have a TCX kit, the kist does NOT come with a one-way clutch? But only a ball diff at the rear and a spool at the front???
Yes, a spool up front and a ball differential in the back. The front one way and center one way are optional parts if you would like to use them. Most racers seem to prefer the spool/diff combo, so that is what is included in the kit.

-Korey
Old 09-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

Is there a link for Hara's IIC setup?
Old 09-24-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Hara, Ty, and Andy all have their setups posted a few pages back.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubblehead
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Modified racing still requires higher gear ratios, unlike the current crop of brushless stock/spec racing motors.

-Korey

And the Stock spur also works for 17.5 with a boosting speedo, thats what I ran last Saturday!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 03:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Scott B
And the Stock spur also works for 17.5 with a boosting speedo, thats what I ran last Saturday!!!
huh
17.5?
where?
Old 09-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
huh
17.5?
where?
Last Saturday night at Ripon, only choice there. I will be running mod Sunday at Norcal!!
Old 09-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

So the smaller spur gear was due to the lack of RPMs and more torque of a brushless motor, and boosting provides the RPMs?
Old 09-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Armand
Oh I see Stormer wants to play the "supply and demand" game (it's now $420). Fair enough... I'll vote with my wallet accordingly.
We did the exact OPPOSITE of the supply and demand game. Before they got here we had them at $480. We marked them down when they were in stock (not up), sold them cheaper than anybody else on the planet until they were out, and held the price to the end of that shipment. we even honored all the backorders at the price when they came back in the second time. I see we are still the lowest price on-line at the new $419 price. Price goes up and down as the inventory changes. Some of them we had air freighted in. Simply costs more on some shipments, less on others. Find a lower price, give us a jingle, we'll try and match it for you. Can't get more fair than that.

Just like 99 cent 6-packs of cola at Walmart, some pricing is just there to get people through the door. and on most things like that, you sell them at a loss. Not every item makes money. We like this car and want to see more of them out there. This is how we go about it.

if your ever looking for a better price, give us a call, we're happy to look into it.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Last Saturday night at Ripon, only choice there. I will be running mod Sunday at Norcal!!
so we traded you for mini lol
Old 09-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
We did the exact OPPOSITE of the supply and demand game. Before they got here we had them at $480. We marked them down when they were in stock (not up), sold them cheaper than anybody else on the planet until they were out, and held the price to the end of that shipment. we even honored all the backorders at the price when they came back in the second time. I see we are still the lowest price on-line at the new $419 price. Price goes up and down as the inventory changes. Some of them we had air freighted in. Simply costs more on some shipments, less on others. Find a lower price, give us a jingle, we'll try and match it for you. Can't get more fair than that.

Just like 99 cent 6-packs of cola at Walmart, some pricing is just there to get people through the door. and on most things like that, you sell them at a loss. Not every item makes money. We like this car and want to see more of them out there. This is how we go about it.

if your ever looking for a better price, give us a call, we're happy to look into it.
And that is why Stormer is the man! Are you going to make it to the Timezone Grand Prix again???
Old 09-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer

Bob, thanks for processing and shipping my order so promptly. I almost forgot you don't accept PayPal during checkout. Good thing for plastic...lol

Thanks again!
Old 09-25-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
And that is why Stormer is the man! Are you going to make it to the Timezone Grand Prix again???
I second that, always great service and fast deliveries.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.