R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #1471
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potoczak View Post
If anyone is looking to buy a tcx kit I have a brand new in box kit. PM me for details if interested. Thanks
you got pm
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #1472
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Wheel Chatter at full lock...

Hi there,

Would anyone know what's the cause of wheel chatter at full lock? I checked for play and it's normal. The CVDs are in perfect shape and yet I can't pick out what's the cause.

Thanks
unknownmember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:58 PM   #1473
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownmember View Post
Hi there,

Would anyone know what's the cause of wheel chatter at full lock? I checked for play and it's normal. The CVDs are in perfect shape and yet I can't pick out what's the cause.

Thanks
Make sure the dog bone pins are in the same plane within the spool. I had this before on a TA05 and even at very little steering had a lot of chatter. I then changed one of the dog bones 90 degrees so they were both in the same plane and the chatter only came near to full lock.

It may help....try it...
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:32 AM   #1474
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi there,

Thanks
Standard CVDs will chatter to some degree at full lock.....this is normal. It is more apparent when the car is unloaded on a car stand and minimizes when the suspension is loaded.

Some companies (HB, Xray, etc) have developed constant velocity double-jointed CVDs to combat chatter and improve efficiency. Not a necessary upgrade though.

I run my TCX with the stock CVDs with no issues. I tried a Litemodz set once and they failed after 3 minutes and went back to stock. I believe unless they are the Xray ECS driveshafts leave them stock and less will go wrong!
Kane-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:39 AM   #1475
Tech Addict

Quote:
Hi there,

Thanks
All cars with spool have chatter at the max steering, the only way to remove is replace the normal shaft with double axles (DCJ), but unfortunately HB has not yet produced the version TCX (46mm), we hope that they are produced at the soon.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:27 AM   #1476
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
All cars with spool have chatter at the max steering, the only way to remove is replace the normal shaft with double axles (DCJ), but unfortunately HB has not yet produced the version TCX (46mm), we hope that they are produced at the soon.
Try www.litemodz.com there producing 46mm CVS's now

Malc
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:54 AM   #1477
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

mr lee,

Thanks for suggestion man, I will surely check it out but as soon as I get in a new pair of CVDs and a bunch of other parts I slammed her into a wall at a light speed today. I recently got myself a 3.5 Velociti and was at an underground car park today and was pulling off some sweet drifts when I decided to be ambitious and whip up a wide-high speed drift and BAM!! Good-Bye front right CVD, hub, A arm etc.

Kane-o and AGNO,

Is it really necessary to have 46MM in the front and 44MM in the rear? I believe the HB's ones are only 44MM but if that's not the case then I might as well give them a go. Because the ones by litemodz cost twice as much which I can afford but whilst I care my RCs like a shelf queen, the same can't be said on my driving.

TheCoolCanFanMan,

Thanks for the link man, checked them out for little too expensive but morely I'll probably brake them in to secs.
unknownmember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:29 AM   #1478
Tech Addict

Quote:

Is it really necessary to have 46MM in the front and 44MM in the rear? I believe the HB's ones are only 44MM but if that's not the case then I might as well give them a go. Because the ones by litemodz cost twice as much which I can afford but whilst I care my RCs like a shelf queen, the same can't be said on my driving.
At the front you need the 46mm, however the chatter with the CVD standard is not excessive and does not compromise the performance.
Substitution with the DCJ decreases the chatter, but are not required
Old 12-02-2010, 08:51 AM   #1479
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is a suggestion to kill some chatter problem on the drive shaft.

It is very easy, just remove the set screw (on the cross spider) off and put a collar on the axle to hold the drive shaft pin instead. Top Racing makes the collar for this and it fits perfectly on our axle. But you can also use the collar from our option parts #67731 POM solid axle cup joint. (please see the picture attached)

When you remove the set screw off from the cross spider, the drive shaft spins freer. I would say that the best combo is to use with POM spool drive cup (#67731) and no set screw on drive shaft. The DCJ still runs smoother than this, but it is very close to DCJ feeling.

If you are fighting with chatter problem, i recommend to try this.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hope it helps.
Hiro
Attached Thumbnails
Hot Bodies TCX-pom.jpg  
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:02 AM   #1480
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post

It is very easy, just remove the set screw (on the cross spider) off and put a collar on the axle to hold the drive shaft pin instead. Top Racing makes the collar for this and it fits perfectly on our axle. But you can also use the collar from our option parts #67731 POM solid axle cup joint. (please see the picture attached)

When you remove the set screw off from the cross spider, the drive shaft spins freer. I would say that the best combo is to use with POM spool drive cup (#67731) and no set screw on drive shaft. The DCJ still runs smoother than this, but it is very close to DCJ feeling.

Hope it helps.
Hiro
Which way do you slip the POM cover on the outdrive?
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #1481
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Which way do you slip the POM cover on the outdrive?
From the axle side.
Hi-LowBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:36 AM   #1482
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default LOOK!

Anybody looking for a TCX? Lots of NIP parts and very little use.

FS: Hot Bodies TCX w/ lots of parts

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:45 AM   #1483
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow View Post

Hope it helps.
Hiro
Is top racing made of aluminium?
Old 12-02-2010, 12:28 PM   #1484
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_g View Post
Is top racing made of aluminium?
Yes
ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:02 AM   #1485
Tech Regular

Quote:
mr lee,

Thanks for suggestion man, I will surely check it out but as soon as I get in a new pair of CVDs and a bunch of other parts I slammed her into a wall at a light speed today. I recently got myself a 3.5 Velociti and was at an underground car park today and was pulling off some sweet drifts when I decided to be ambitious and whip up a wide-high speed drift and BAM!! Good-Bye front right CVD, hub, A arm etc.

Kane-o and AGNO,

TheCoolCanFanMan,

Thanks for the link man, checked them out for little too expensive but morely I'll probably brake them in to secs.
Awe that sucks dude! Hope you get it sorted soon.....
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote