Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Congrats to Mike Haynes for the Win in TC Mod at the US Indoor Champs in clevenland. Huge win for the TCX and a second place finish in Superstock.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Initiate

I've only had the car for 2 weeks and i will say this, the box stock set up was not bad. The car is very fast through the corners. My local track is carpet, and Gen-3 ozite at that. Our tire of choice is the Salaris medium with medium insert. Traction is very high and I believe that to be a lot of the reason for the aggressive nature of the car's steering.

I'm running the kit 2 hole shock pistons. What would happen if I switched to the 3 hole shock pistons. Would that help settle the car down or make matters worse?
Old 11-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silky
I've only had the car for 2 weeks and i will say this, the box stock set up was not bad. The car is very fast through the corners. My local track is carpet, and Gen-3 ozite at that. Our tire of choice is the Salaris medium with medium insert. Traction is very high and I believe that to be a lot of the reason for the aggressive nature of the car's steering.

I'm running the kit 2 hole shock pistons. What would happen if I switched to the 3 hole shock pistons. Would that help settle the car down or make matters worse?
3 hole is like night and day IMO. Get your hands on some and you'll feel the difference. Don't know if it will solve your problem but it won't hurt the performance.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EJ20
HPI #72111

Shim set M3x5 (M3x5x0.1, 0.2, 0.3mm/10 each)

Is this not too big for the shock shaft? From what I can remember the shaft is 2mm ID! Don't you need 2mm shims?
Old 11-29-2010, 01:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jag88
Hiro, will this chassis be an option ??
Thats the Chassis sometimes referred to as "ACE" or as "G-Tech". I am running it as well. It is designed and manufactured in Germany and most of the Top Runners here use it.
Who knows, maybe HB Europe will take it over and officially produce it in the near future
Old 11-29-2010, 01:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FrankH
Thats the Chassis sometimes referred to as "ACE" or as "G-Tech". I am running it as well. It is designed and manufactured in Germany and most of the Top Runners here use it.
Who knows, maybe HB Europe will take it over and officially produce it in the near future
Where can we order it?
Old 11-29-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Ok so I received my TCX and started building it over this past weekend. Is it ok to have so much left/right play in the diffs and layshaft?

I have purchased some Tamiya 4mm shims for the layshaft (as the kit was missing a couple of copper shims ) and will get rid of most of the play, will leave a slight amount!

What about the diff's? Is it ok to have so much play? Is it designed to have this much play or is it HB's way of saying it will work but we left out the shims to cut costs and if you want to be competitive then you need to spend some more money making it better? Why did they just not machine the bulkheads so there is less play and minimal, if any shimming would be required???....or was this done, especially the rear, to catter for a gear diff?

Last HPI/HB product I owned was 2 x Pro 4 Hara's and these kits had all you needed, including spare shims and lots of little bits and pieces to use for spares....plus a set of tools

What does everyone else do? leave the play? If so how does this effect wear on the belts and pulleys?
Old 11-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr lee
Ok so I received my TCX and started building it over this past weekend. Is it ok to have so much left/right play in the diffs and layshaft?

I have purchased some Tamiya 4mm shims for the layshaft (as the kit was missing a couple of copper shims ) and will get rid of most of the play, will leave a slight amount!

What about the diff's? Is it ok to have so much play? Is it designed to have this much play or is it HB's way of saying it will work but we left out the shims to cut costs and if you want to be competitive then you need to spend some more money making it better? Why did they just not machine the bulkheads so there is less play and minimal, if any shimming would be required???....or was this done, especially the rear, to catter for a gear diff?

Last HPI/HB product I owned was 2 x Pro 4 Hara's and these kits had all you needed, including spare shims and lots of little bits and pieces to use for spares....plus a set of tools

What does everyone else do? leave the play? If so how does this effect wear on the belts and pulleys?
Shim away!! Good you bought the 4mm shims cause you'll need it for the steering rack. I'd recommend buying the 10mm and 3mm shim packs as well. I'd rather have the tolerances allowing for shimming than having the spacing too tight causing binding. And as for the play, of course you don't want too much too keep wear down and make the energy go where it needs too.

Last edited by Apex; 11-29-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
Hiro, will this chassis be an option ??
Hi jag88,
I don't think the chassis is made by us like others mentioned. As research and development, we have been testing several different chassis for option parts but we still haven't finalized them yet. I will let you know once we are ready to produce something very good.

Thanks,
Old 11-30-2010, 04:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Apex
Shim away!! Good you bought the 4mm shims cause you'll need it for the steering rack. I'd recommend buying the 10mm and 3mm shim packs as well. I'd rather have the tolerances allowing for shimming than having the spacing too tight causing binding. And as for the play, of course you don't want too much too keep wear down and make the energy go where it needs too.

Cool thanks! I thought I would need to shim the steering a little as well.........
Old 11-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Have HB Fixed the weird rear toe issues that they had with the last three cyclones (and please dont some one come on here and act like it never happened)?

also is there steel front drive shafts available for this car.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Have HB Fixed the weird rear toe issues that they had with the last three cyclones (and please dont some one come on here and act like it never happened)?
?? Sorry, I really don't know what you mean. I have two TC's, and a TCX, and I don't know what you mean by 'rear toe issue'. Can you explain?

Originally Posted by LOSI123
also is there steel front drive shafts available for this car.
Not yet.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dog Bone
?? Sorry, I really don't know what you mean. I have two TC's, and a TCX, and I don't know what you mean by 'rear toe issue'. Can you explain?

Not yet.
I also have a TC-S, TC and TCX and am not sure what he's refering to either. I do know that the toe blocks don't seem to have the correct ratings on them. My 2.0 is really 2.5 and 2.5 is a 3.0 on the guages, other than that all is fine. Please explain......
Old 11-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cyclone Bender
I also have a TC-S, TC and TCX and am not sure what he's refering to either. I do know that the toe blocks don't seem to have the correct ratings on them. My 2.0 is really 2.5 and 2.5 is a 3.0 on the guages, other than that all is fine. Please explain......
Toe blocks are fine. The issue is in the plastic hubs. Run the alum one's or Tamiya hubs and the toe will be spot on.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

If anyone is looking to buy a tcx kit I have a brand new in box kit. PM me for details if interested. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.